attention smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attention smokers

for all the gear heads here that cant quit the habit, theres a new thing called e-cigarettes that you should try. theve been on the news a few times already, but it seems not that many know of them. theres a comunity site dedicated to them, just search e cig forum and youll be there. and before you light your flame thrower, this isnt a non smoker that wants you to quit, this is a newly ex smoker that beleives theres a better way. my 86 eta now has $130 more spent on her each month.

discuss...

" i forgot to add, since its not real smoke, its not part of the clean indoor air act, meaning you can go back to enjoying your nicotine inside without feeling like a criminal.

LIES.....I just go to the DutyFree and buy $30 cartons!
    Enter the Internet!

Comment

19 September 2008 | GENEVA -- Contrary to what some marketers of the electronic cigarette imply in their advertisements, the World Health Organization (WHO) does not consider it to be a legitimate therapy for smokers trying to quit.

"The electronic cigarette is not a proven nicotine replacement therapy," said Dr Ala Alwan, Assistant Director-General of WHO's Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health Cluster. "WHO has no scientific evidence to confirm the product's safety and efficacy. Its marketers should immediately remove from their web sites and other informational materials any suggestion that WHO considers it to be a safe and effective smoking cessation aid."

------------------------------

Health organisations have urged health minister Ab Klink to launch an investigation into health risks associated with electronic cigarettes, which allow users to 'smoke' nicotine without tar and tobacco.
      A number of users have reported developing heart palpitations from using the device, which critics say can release too much nicotine.
      Klink has already banned advertising for the device by arguing it should be treated as a medicine.

I smoke these...

Comment

Fuck.... american spirits, those are like $8+ a pack around here.
        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

im aware of the position of WHO, along with the fda stance on these things. they believe they shouldnt be sold becuase theres no proof that they work as a nicotine replacment therapy. the end of that sentence is that theres no proof that they dont work as an nrt. i took the risk, becuase theres all kinds of proof that cigarettes are bad for you.

the liquid is almost entirely propylene glycol. the rest are a few chemicals, all of which are known safe for humans, and pure nicotine. no carcinogens {sp?} and no tar. it may still not be something a doctor would consider healthy to use, but its gotta be healthier at least. its also cheaper, and much nicer smelling.

im not saying you should quit if you dont wanna. i love to smoke, i love the taste and the feeling and the nic buzz. and i will miss it dearly. but if you want to quit like i did, and the patches never worked, and cold turkey was worse than hell for you like it was for me, then you can at least replace your cancer sticks with these things and trail off real slow like. i got mine a week ago and havent looked back. thats 7 packs, or 32$ so far. so as far as them not working as a nrt, the proof is in the pudding.

Comment

Mine came in the mail today, one batt was charged and I haven't had a real cig since 2 this afternoon. So far I like a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of menthol and apple best.

Fuck the WHO, ATF, FDA and all the other alphabet agencies.

Really good forum for these things,

E-Cigarette Forum is the world's largest vape and ecig website. ECF is global vaping central - start here.

Shipping is fairly slow for damn near all vendors right now but some good folks to deal with are http://www.puresmoker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
              [URL]

I smoke these...

Delish! Can't get them in Belgium, just in germany and france
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I get em for $6.09 right down the street from me..

You can get $20 in gift certificates from them right now as well:

Comment

ive heard nothing but good about puresmoker, but i have only ordered from totally wicked eliquid so far, simply becuase there almost local to me. and the ecig forum you linked is the one i got all of my info from as well. all i say is if your a smoker, then check them out, and maybe you can stop wasting money on those analogs.

Comment

off topic: if you are smoking in your car with the windows slightly or all the way open, the person behind you on the road can smell your smoke even if their windows are rolled up.
                    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

A day and half without a cig.

Comment

I started chewing tobacco when I was playing baseball in high school. It went on for four years, and when I quit it was pretty hard to do. When I golf, work in the yard, go on long drives etc. is when I'd have the worst cravings. I found it very beneficial to either have some sunflower seeds to keep me busy, or chewing gum if you get too much sodium.

Try it out next time you have a craving. I think half the difficulty of quitting is not having something to do with your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                          off topic: if you are smoking in your car with the windows slightly or all the way open, the person behind you on the road can smell your smoke even if their windows are rolled up.
                          Cool, want a cookie?

If someone takes a dump and throws it on your hood you can smell it while your windows are up too!
                          Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                          Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

^^^^hahahahaha

Comment

I need to quit.....I think I am just gonna use it as an excuse to be a raging dick for the next few days. I am sick of smoking....I hate that I am paying $5.55 a day for camel lights now......I try to think of all the positive things that will come out of it....hugging my 4yr old without her telling me I smell like smoke.....more money for the e30......better blood circulation....easier breathing.........but it's just hard to not smoke.......

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

Working...
                              X