The Damn Catholic Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
    I have no problem with spirituality and belief in God but when people claim to know exactly what God is and what he want's, etc. is when I have a problem. This is exactly what the Bible and organized religion do and then they try to force it on you.

I fucking hate religion. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, it's all the same bullshit to me.
    Yeah, me too. I am a much bigger fan of a relationship between the person and God individually. Many flocks he has says he, so who is to say somebody is wrong, maybe we are different science experiments, and nobody really knows who the control group is. I'm happy with my petri dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      He formed the worlds, put your name in the book, has control of your life, and decided before you were ever born, and he is coming back for you. I'll leave the rest to him.
      Serious question. Sometimes it can be hard to tell on here.

So you believe that everything is predetermined? God wants to save some people, and others are just destined for hell?
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Sometimes I think the brainless people of this planet are simply here to be used as tools to test others.

I'm pretty sure there is a predetermined plan, but it's kinda like a cosmic Choose Your Own Adventure. It all depends, but the main framework is there. So I guess, Yes. A bit.

Then again I don't really worry about that.

Comment

Sometimes I think the brainless people of this planet are simply here to be used as tools to test others.

I'm pretty sure there is a predetermined plan, but it's kinda like a cosmic Choose Your Own Adventure. It all depends, but the main framework is there. So I guess, Yes. A bit.

Interesting, the differences in people's beliefs fascinate me.

I would love to encounter a devout buddhist or muslim on here to hear their views on this.
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Well, matter acts randomly at the subatomic level. Many have used this as scientific evidence for indeterminism.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
              Yeah and what's even more ridiculous is that you're supposed to take it as God's word and thus infallible yet no one seems to agree on anything. Confusing huh?

I have no problem with spirituality and belief in God but when people claim to know exactly what God is and what he want's, etc. is when I have a problem. This is exactly what the Bible and organized religion do and then they try to force it on you.

I fucking hate religion. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, it's all the same bullshit to me.
              Disclaimer: I don't know everything about Christianity and very little about other faiths / religions. I am simply sharing my relationship and understanding of.

If you want to take it to that point it's fine, I don't relate as to how you figure.

And the one's that really know, knows just how much harder just faithing in the fact of his existence is much harder than just following rules. The real tests come down to try that faith, and most of the time they aren't bug bites, but events that shake you to your core.

It's a whole lot more of a test by him to "believe" (to Faithe) when you are stuck in a body cast, with your family gone in a car wreck than it is to see if you can go your life without using curse words.

I didn't reach my current state of faith overnight. I have, as most people, been kicked to the curb by both my own foot and by other's. I have been in situations when I questioned how my circumstances could be from His hand.

He formed the worlds, put your name in the book, has control of your life, and decided before you were ever born, and he is coming back for you. I'll leave the rest to him.

And if you'd like to get specific, it also says the thought is as bad as the deed, so, if you think of anger/madness to the guy that cut you off, it's just like breaking valued commandment #5 or #6, depending on which organization you subscribe to.

(Matthew 5:21 reference above...)
              ^^^ I agree with that. There is a difference between premeditated, repetitive sin and a spontaneous reaction. One can't continue to engage in adultery and expect no repercussions. One can see a girl in short skirt, look, then look away. If one looks, keeps looking lustfully, then a sin has been committed. These are opinions gained from ten years of actively seeking His presence in my life.

Yeah, me too. I am a much bigger fan of a relationship between the person and God individually. Many flocks he has says he, so who is to say somebody is wrong, maybe we are different science experiments, and nobody really knows who the control group is. I'm happy with my petri dish.
              This is why I believe in UFOs.
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

^ Well, we agree on something.

I liken the use of "Chariots of Fire" as a descriptive use of period correct language to describe something otherwise indescribable.

Comment

shit you all have no idea at all about the catholic Churches until you come on down to Bavaria here in Germany!!!!
                  -- I live in the "german bible belt" and f**kin hate em all and hate that I have to pay a ton in church taxes so that my daughter doesnt get harrased for not being "in the church" at school.

here in old skool germany you really see where the catholic religion comes from and where it is at-- they are still running germany!

Comment

^ Well, we agree on something.

I liken the use of "Chariots of Fire" as a descriptive use of period correct language to describe something otherwise indescribable.
                    I'm sure we agree about a ton of stuff in regard to Faith.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's better to find common grounds opposed to places to butt heads anyway. But it does get me thinking, and forces me to find words to describe feelings and complex ideas.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's better to find common grounds opposed to places to butt heads anyway. But it does get me thinking, and forces me to find words to describe feelings and complex ideas.
                        Exactly! (I hate being the "Me too" guy, but this is a "Me too" moment ;)) The only reason I post in religious or political threads is to gain perspective. I have learned a lot about my own faith / ideas / alliances by entering discussions that challenge my beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                          Exactly! (I hate being the "Me too" guy, but this is a "Me too" moment ;)) The only reason I post in religious or political threads is to gain perspective. I have learned a lot about my own faith / ideas / alliances by entering discussions that challenge my beliefs.

Belief without doubt is like a body with no anti-bodies. Doubt is needed to continue to have understanding of other's perspective, just as anyone (ourselves) would like civil understanding when it comes to our belief. Not the "you're retarded if you believe in this crap!" as many think is appropriate.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                            shit you all have no idea at all about the catholic Churches until you come on down to Bavaria here in Germany!!!!
                            -- I live in the "german bible belt" and f**kin hate em all and hate that I have to pay a ton in church taxes so that my daughter doesnt get harrased for not being "in the church" at school.

here in old skool germany you really see where the catholic religion comes from and where it is at-- they are still running germany!
                            Still? Wasn't the catholic church mostly kicked out in the 1500s with the protestant reformation??? (AKA the reason for the protestant reformation)
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Question for some of you guys, do you believe that all(most) catholics (including those pre 1500s) are going to hell because they didn't believe in 'personal relationship' with Jesus? (His death saving all of their sins = salvation)
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                                Question for some of you guys, do you believe that all(most) catholics (including those pre 1500s) are going to hell because they didn't believe in 'personal relationship' with Jesus? (His death saving all of their sins = salvation)
                                Nope, I don't discount any single person from any single faith, I can't presume to know what their true relationship to God is. Just because they fall into a neat little categorized series of boxes, it does not mean that that they may or may not gain eternal salvation.

Remember a quote I used above, "Many flocks have I...", who really knows? God, and he is the only one, I'm just glad to be along for the ride and a part of His plan, no matter how meek or meager my place may be.

Comment

Working...
                                X