North Korea sinks South Korean ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Korea sinks South Korean ship

While I am sure all of you have heard about this by now, I was surprised there wasn't a thread for it yet(well I searched for 5 seconds anyway).

So the verdict on an international investigation into the incident of a South Korean warship sinking in disputed waters is that it was sunk by a North Korean torpedo. I feel like if this happened anywhere else, any other time in history, this would be an act of war. Hell, the Korean peninsula technically is already at war, but I have a feeling that the death of those sailors and the loss of an extremely expensive piece of hardware is going to be merely avenged with political hard talk and not much else.

What do you guys think on the subject? Why would North Korea do this, how should South Korea respond, etc?
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Fuck Koreans, all their cars are built in US, we don't need them anymore. Let the war begin.

Comment

I lol'ed at the car part, but I have a feeling that Krazy Kim would probably use nukes if it came down to it, and I am not a fan of half of the world's Starcraft players dieing overnight.
      Last edited by E30Kaiser; 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Hopefully it doesn't become our problem. Let China take this one...
        sigpic
        "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Didn't Obama already state were sending a bunch of troops etc there t help the S Koreans show military power or something?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Yeah supposedly they sunk and oil platform some where too

Or was that Darth Cheney and Backwater commandos

That little cantankerous azn Midget, is just testing the waters, to see what he can get away with. There will be nothing outta this, he has a nuke and he is crazy enough to use it. With this inevitability he can get away with what ever he wants, he has been trying provoke the south and the rest of the world to try him for decades now. Every time we just give him more shit to Not be bad. Hes like a spoiled little kid.

Oh the Chinese will do just what they did last time, they will stand right with them and poor 3/4 of a million men into the conflict to hell with the casualties ( We could not shoot them fast enough last time)
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-26-2010, 01:31 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I feel like China wouldn't do that a second time. A)They stand to gain more by continuing cordial relations with us, and B) I think their government is too weak to successfully survive a full scale war and not have revolts at home, especially in Tibet.

I really think it is fucked up you can sink a warship and kill dozens of sailors in this day and age and get away with it.

Comment

I fully agree with you. But what you gonna do, he will use that nuke, thats why he starved his people for almost 2 decades to get it. SO he can fuck with south and the rest of the world at will and not have to worry about getting his ass kicked.

Its like bringing a knife to a gun gunfight, the little bastard will use it and not back down, he will continue to escalate in provocation, till someone steps up and bombs his ass. But that wont happen because the little fucker will just use his ace in the hole HES FUCKING CRAZY
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

The other thing is even if the war stays conventional, Seoul is within artillery range, much less rocket/missile range of North Korea. The damage to the capital would be catastrophic regardless of nuclear or conventional warfare options. I think the only answer will be regime change in NKorea, but who knows how long that will take.

Comment

I say we go over to N Korea. A fleet of 100 e30. 25 verts, 75 hard tops.

Have Dileon Aeros Mounted to the 75 Hard tops, as someone operates them out sunroof.
                    The verts, can provide and rear plat form for some anti aircraft rockets. And Fuck shit up?

1. Matt-B ( hardtop)

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

They are playing battleshits.

Why the fuck did hilary clinton tell south korea we would stand by them? Why. Korea war 2 for US and everyone else it drags in.
                      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

The problem is most of our loan is from China. China is bed buddies with N. Korea and therefore we can't do a damned thing.

See the problem.

China has our balls.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

it's much more complex than that- The average N. Korean has absolutely nothing to lose, and all Krazy Kim wants to do is remain in power. He's got S. Korea by the balls too- if war breaks out, S. Korea will feel the pain first, as Seoul attacked as well as other industrial and economic bases. N. Korea has none, and so to finish the war the N. Korean government will need to be wiped out.

China is in a tight spot as well- N. Korea is technically an ally, but if they turn on N. Korea, there's a chance of repercussions (read- N. korea attacks China.) Also, China doesn't want millions of N. Korean refugees flooding into the already-dirt-poor sections of their country. However, they can't really ignore this either...
                          sigpic89 M3

Comment

Why do we care what happens to S. Korea? Why doesn't S. Korea use their Samsung proceeds and build a military worthy of creating mass genocide on N. Korea. It's like seeing the bully get beat up, who's going to step in?
                            i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
                              Why do we care what happens to S. Korea? Why doesn't S. Korea use their Samsung proceeds and build a military worthy of creating mass genocide on N. Korea. It's like seeing the bully get beat up, who's going to step in?
                              Because we have thousands of troops stationed there as it is, it is one of our allies, it is a nation full of industrious little fellows as Jeremy Clarkson would say, and it does have a military worthy of creating mass genocide on N.Korea. Why not care what happens to South Korea? Would you rather Krazy Kim had the whole peninsula to himself and actual resources to commit his kooky ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X