No announcement yet.

Glad I got out when I did...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone hit that san andreas fault for me would ya?

Comment

So, what creative plan does he have for when that borrowed money runs out? I would hope he would at least consider a plan to, you know, pay it back.

California sounds like the most deadbeat of americans. Cant afford food but have cable TV.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

This news does not surprise me....not even slightly. We are so far in over our heads with this fiscal mess I am just about at the point of saying, "ok - fuck it, let this place really go to shit so every last numb-nut and whack-job of a voter wakes up." This state needs a top-down overhaul of state government. If I were calling the shots, the first three things I would mandate are:

1. Part time legislature.....no more full time, $110K+/yr. gigs with cars and other expenses covered.

2. Rather than term limits, I would implement 'political career limits'. Regardless of the number of elected offices you hold, it is capped at 15 years. If the 15 year threshold happens midway through your current elected capacity, you're out and a special election will be held to be filled by someone else.

3. Make this state a more business friendly climate instead of the business punishing way of life now.

I've often said that the most rare species in California is not the Condor, or Delta Smelt, it is the Statesman.....a person who leaves elected office and returns to private sector life.

There's a commercial on TV that says, "if you want to see where the future is headed, look to California." If this motto holds true, be afraid......be very afraid.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

And I'll probably end up moving there... for a time at least. I just hope they don't fuck with my cars and income tax, since they're all registered in a non-smogging county in AZ and I will be a resident of AZ. which doesnt tax my income.
          sigpic89 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
            And I'll probably end up moving there... for a time at least. I just hope they don't fuck with my cars and income tax, since they're all registered in a non-smogging county in AZ and I will be a resident of AZ. which doesnt tax my income.
            If you change your vehicle registration and get CA plates on your car(s), there are certain zip codes in 6 counties which our emission laws do not apply. Click the link below for more info....

Smog inspections are required when you register or renew registration for a vehicle in California, but there are some exceptions.

Jon
            Rides...
            1991 325i - sold :(
            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Working...
            X