X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenC View Post
    Race or poverty is the root?
    Race.

As I've said before, in Tulsa you can walk through the poor white neighborhoods at night without fear of being shot/robbed/messed with. After my buddy bought a new house, we both kept all our sportbike stuff stored in his abandoned house for 1.5 years and never had any trouble.

The poor black/Mexican neighborhoods.............I'll drop you off and if you can make it back to me without being mugged/beaten, I'll buy you a steak dinner.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      Race.
      Bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
        This is fucking ridiculous. The government is racist.
        Originally posted by joshh View Post
        Of course it's not. That's why your entire link and this new law is about equaling out the white to black ratio of those arrested. Nope it's totally color blind.
        Thank you.

"Reducing the penalties for crack cocaine could expose our neighborhoods to the same violence and addiction that caused Congress to act in the first place," Smith said. "Crack cocaine is associated with a greater degree of violence than most other drugs. And more than any other drug, the majority of crack defendants have prior criminal convictions."

Coke/crack? WTF???

Comment

Sorry for the double post.. but..

I would rather pay more taxes to have crack heads in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
            Bullshit.
            Then explain to me why poor white neighborhoods aren't infested with crime like poor minority neighborhoods.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Then explain to me why poor white neighborhoods aren't infested with crime like poor minority neighborhoods.
              Maybe you haven't been to enough poor white neighborhoods? I hardly find your anecdotal stories about Tulsa strong enough to make a conclusive argument that all poor white communities are somehow better than minority poor communities. Crime and drugs are always found in poverty-stricken areas.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                Maybe you haven't been to enough poor white neighborhoods? I hardly find your anecdotal stories about Tulsa strong enough to make a conclusive argument that all poor white communities are somehow better than minority poor communities. Crime and drugs are always found in poverty-stricken areas.
                Like I said in the other thread, not scientifici or definitive, but my personal experience in my hometown.

I guess we could just look at crime statistics in general if you wish. But then you will just say the criminal justice system is biased against minorites, etc etc.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Time for a new penal island. Or extradite them to Mexico since it seems that is what Mexico does with it's criminals by sending them our way.

Maybe a old worn out supertanker anchored in the Caribbean sea, to get off you have to swim...call it prison survivor.

Make for entertaining reality TV. lol

Drugs are everywhere, rich kids get them anytime they want them but have parents who sometimes will bail them out of jail.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I totally agree with the reality show idea!
                    I know its not going to happen but it would be pretty damn awesome and I bet you most of the population would agree with it.

Comment

Maybe one neighborhood is more poor than the other, and/or has been in poverty longer than the other?

I'm for legalizing ALL drugs. Its a form of entrapment, and a strain on our economy. The gov has gathered enough reseach and has earned enough money from the 'war on drugs'.

If any disagree with my opinion, josh, I suggest watching the movie Cidade de Dues. It depicts the growth of organized crime in the city of god suburb of Rio de Janeiro. The film does a perfect job at showing the evolution from the ground up; it's an awesome story that you'll want to watch twice to fully feel.

"Fight and you'll never survive... Run and you'll never escape."
                      Last edited by Schniddy; 08-08-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Coincidence. There is nothing inherent in blacks or mexicans which makes them more susceptible to violence or crime. It is the culture of poverty and racism which has existed and evolved for hundreds of years in this country that is responsible.

Comment

As much as you'd like you can not factor out race. Just the fact that each race operates completely differently based on culture. Even if they live in the same country shows this to be true.
                          It's not just race either though. Poverty obviously has a huge effect.
                          But the numbers themselves prove who the largest number of dealers are.

I've seen it here in Portland. I worked in a poor black (mostly) area (North East Portland). They just are completely different than in poor white areas I've been to. In North Portland they wait on the corners for you car to so much as stop for a stop sign before they come up to your window. They're much much more aggressive sellers than white peddlers. Poor white areas are more covert.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                          X