No announcement yet.

WTF!!! Islam Mosque to be built near ground zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally valid point. We dont want a religous nut like Bush who will try to overthrow anything that conflicts with his religion, but we dont want an Atheist that does not read the bible either.

In an ideal world I would hope the POTUS would appoint based on somekind of track record, as opposed to personal feelings. And I would hope that the POTUS would be able to keep any and all religous views out of his job and focus on the laws that he swore to uphold.
    Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
      we dont want an Atheist that does not read the bible either.
      you may not want that... those of us who don't share your beliefs will appreciate you not speaking on our behalf.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
        you may not want that... those of us who don't share your beliefs will appreciate you not speaking on our behalf.
        it was more pandering than anything, anyone that has read my knows I am an outspoken atheist.
        Brian Jacobs

Comment

totally valid point. We dont want a religous nut like Bush who will try to overthrow anything that conflicts with his religion, but we dont want an Atheist that does not read the bible either.

In an ideal world I would hope the POTUS would appoint based on somekind of track record, as opposed to personal feelings. And I would hope that the POTUS would be able to keep any and all religous views out of his job and focus on the laws that he swore to uphold.
          Boosh!!!
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            Only if you keep refusing to look at the other facts here.
            1. They guy building the Mosque refuses to denounce a terrorist organization.
            2. He refuses to say where the funding is/will be coming from. 13 million?
            3. The guy is a supporter of Sheria law.

According to Progressives a person isn't a threat till they kill someone. And then they refuse to admit the person was a Muslim...then they claim he was just in the minority of the extremest Muslims....no wait we don't say extremist Muslims anymore....that's too close to the truth. We now just say "man made terror".

Regardless of the fact that Muslims like to build Mosques over or near sites they conquered.

Keep ignoring the truths.
            What are you retarded or something? they're not gonna let him build it if he doesn't explain where the fuck the money came from shit head.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
              What are you retarded or something? they're not gonna let him build it if he doesn't explain where the fuck the money came from shit head.
              by law you can not ask where the money came from or what they do with the money they receive. You can thank Christians for that!
              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Interesting thread.. well, sort of.

One of the things that makes this country relatively unique is the separation of Church and State.

Many of the people that came here from Europe were to some extent fleeing religious persecution of their own, and I mean the Mayflower. Forget the whole horrific truth that this country already belonged to another people.

As time has gone on, only more and more people have come here fleeing from religious persecution.

We have gone to war many times to preserve our freedom, and one of the most important reasons our men and women have died here and overseas is to protect those rights. Our men in the service are fighting and dying to preserve our way of life, and this is a painful example of something that even they have to respect...it is what makes our country strong, and provides us in some respects with a claim to a higher moral ground.

When the Nazi's tried to march locally in Skokie, the most vocal and widespread legal support came from Jewish people and Jewish run organizations who although they hated the message, realized that the Nazis deserved the freedom to express their message.

In a more perfect world, the people who want to build that mosque would realize that whatever their motivations might be to build it there, that it is in poor taste. As much as I might think it is in poor taste, I have to support their right to build it there.

That is it, that is all I have to say.
                sigpic
                Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
                http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

but we dont want an Atheist that does not read the bible either.
                  LOL. I'm an atheist because I read the Bible.

Every culture has its myths.

Basic issue here is thus:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Anybody else hate Fred Phelps? Any one think he speaks for all Christians? He preaches from and supports his "faith" with the same Bible other Christians use. What if all Christians suddenly adopt his tenets?

Of course, we don't think that would or could ever happen. Same should hold true for the practitioners of other religions including Islam in the US.

We cannot, as a nation founded on personal freedoms, curtail the freedoms of law-abiding American citizens based on the fears of what extremists might do.
                  Last edited by mar1t1me; 08-16-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post

Maybe you should actually do some reading. They don't care where the money comes from kiddie.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Maybe you should actually do some reading. They don't care where the money comes from kiddie.
                      Surely you have a link to the law requiring disclosure of funds, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

Surely you can read my post again to fully understand it.

I'll give you a hint. Many of the same type of people also support the flotillas going to Hamas without being checked by Israel first. Get it yet?
                          Last edited by joshh; 08-16-2010, 08:15 PM.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Amazing thing about the left:
                            They will bash Christianity while defending one of the most backwards and misogynistic religions on Earth.
                            sigpic
                            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                              Amazing thing about the left:
                              They will bash Christianity while defending one of the most backwards and misogynistic religions on Earth.

I'm not even Christian and I'm amazed at that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                                Boosh!!!
                                They'll be digging him up 30 years from now so they have someone to blame.

They simply can't exist without having a scapegoat like Bush or Palin to demonize.

They have to drag others down in order to prop themselves up by comparison.

Obama would never have gotten elected without the left and the media demonizing Bush for 8+ years.

They had to drag him to make Obama look good by comparision.

Meanwhile, Obama's job approval ratings after just 1.5 years are in the low 40's and soon to be in the 30's

And that's with the media kissing his ass 24/7
                                sigpic
                                1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                                Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                                Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Working...
                                X