Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, to me it should read

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    After seeing what many god loving people are like, I'll take the non-god lovers.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Funny that God get's blamed for nearly everything people do. Which he holds accountable but everyone has a problem with that. Here's the deal folks. You don't believe in God? That's dandy. I'm not here to convert you. You want to poke a bit of fun, alright, I understand. But, don't dish it if you can't take it. Using humor to blithely strut your open hostility? Wow, take a fucking chill pill. If you truly don't believe in God, what's it to you if someone else does? You wouldn't care. The fact is you're just a stubborn prick ass that feels superior for some reason. JUST the same as so many complaints about Christian's and how they judge people. Suddenly it's okay when you do it? Or are you just "getting them back"? Neither is smart or very "open-minded". Get some respect.

Fact is, if you don't believe in God, stop blaming him for everything that people, who admittedly suck (as you do I'm sure) do. And honestly, you should really ask yourself what you have against everyone that claims to have Faith in God. Because when you demean everyone that has faith, you include Mark here, who as nearly everyone can admit, is a stand up dude that rarely if ever gets in anyones face. You don't like me, that's totally fine. I don't really want to be the A+ #1 liked person in the room, but show a bit of respect in general. You want to be openly hostile with your views against Christian's, you should find another Forum to do so. Ironically it's easier to brow beat and harras, demean, villafy a Christian on these forums than it is to point out how bigotted some of the "athiests" are (Lee).

So, on topic, good read. If you've got a topic of conversation, I'd love to discuss it. If you want to openly attack Christian's, you should check yourself. That says more about you than Christian's.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
        Fact is, if you don't believe in God, stop blaming him for everything that people, who admittedly suck (as you do I'm sure) do.
        Find something else to say. You say this in every single religious thread, and if I remember correctly, I can't remember one single person on this forum who doesn't believe in God then blame God for how people act.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

You're smarter than that, z31.

You're going to single out one sentance which frankly, you're wrong on and ignore that there's a rampant lack of respect in terms of Christian's here?
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You're smarter than that, z31.

You're going to single out one sentance which frankly, you're wrong on and ignore that there's a rampant lack of respect in terms of Christian's here?
            OK, are you saying that Atheists blame God for the way believers act? In that case, they aren't blaming God (how could they blame an entity they don't believe exists), they are blaming the persons faith in that God/Religion/Spaghetti Monster to cause people to act that way.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

If you were referring to me, I was just giving markseven shit, and he didn't seem too flustered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                OK, are you saying that Atheists blame God for the way believers act? In that case, they aren't blaming God (how could they blame an entity they don't believe exists), they are blaming the persons faith in that God/Religion/Spaghetti Monster to cause people to act that way.
                Interesting outlook. This I totally enjoy. You're right, they could not by their very beliefs logically blame a god they do not believe in for what people do but saying that what crazy, irrational, judgemental, greedy, lustful, idolotrous people do is solely because of their faith is incredibly short sighted and narrow minded. There's no end to the "evils" if you will, of the human heart. Which the Bible also speaks profoundly about.

So, from what you're saying is that more often than not they blame someone's faith (usually a poor example of faith) in an attempt to discredit belief or faith in general? Isn't this mediocre poking fun at what they simply choose not to participate in? Are they so arrogant to think that, "if only these weak people didn't need their faith this world would be a better place"? As if by that very theory all of those bigotted, crazy, irrational things that people do would disappear? Sort of like judging people unfairly? Which I would liken to the lack of respect a majority (that I've encountered) of Athiests hold towards Believers? The absolute that we cannot co-exist unless one is looked upon as dumber, weaker, ect?

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                If you were referring to me, I was just giving markseven shit, and he didn't seem too flustered by it.
                Not advertently, no. I hope you didn't take it as such, heh.
                Need a part? PM me.

Comment

So, from what you're saying is that more often than not they blame someone's faith (usually a poor example of faith) in an attempt to discredit belief or faith in general? Isn't this mediocre poking fun at what they simply choose not to participate in? Are they so arrogant to think that, "if only these weak people didn't need their faith this world would be a better place"? As if by that very theory all of those bigotted, crazy, irrational things that people do would disappear? Sort of like judging people unfairly? Which I would liken to the lack of respect a majority (that I've encountered) of Athiests hold towards Believers? The absolute that we cannot co-exist unless one is looked upon as dumber, weaker, ect?

Definitely. Or how they twist that faith such as Christian/Muslim extremists.

It's just human nature to try to be superior, that's how the species has survived and evolved for hundreds of thousands of years.

And it's now human nature to try to discredit those who don't agree with you. Not saying it's right, just saying that's how it is.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Some of you guys are annoying.

People are people. Religion is religion. The two aren't paralell. Learning someone's religion generally tells you very little about them. While I understand that people base their opinions on their own experiences it's worth noting that you've experienced a very small percentage of reality. To believe otherwise is foolish.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by DoucheBagSupream View Post
                      No I'm not a Christian and from what I see most who claim to be aren't either. I'm sure that more than half of the behavior of so called Christians would make Jesus vomit.
                      If you knew anything about Jesus you would know the premise behind his death was to cover the sins he knew all Christians would make. Not preaching, just telling you from the perspective of the New Testiment of the Bible.

The human race in general is by no means perfect in anyway and I've never heard any Christian, Jew, Muslim, Catholic, Hindu, etc EVER claim they were.

Threads like this only offer up self serving anti-religious rants to validate whatever insecurities atheists have regarding organized religion, usually targeting Christians 90% of the time, and are no less self serving than the people they've come to critisize.

If you're comfortable in your decision to NOT believe in God.. good for you.. but what makes you feel so compelled to openly critisize what anyone believes no matter what God they believe in other than to make some half-assed attempt to reaffirm your own reason not to believe in anything.

I swear if I came up with some thread that had 100 quotes of people critisizing atheists then all you butt hurt atheists would start bashing me with the same anti-religous banter without EVER knowing what I really believe in.

Comment

Funny that God get's blamed for nearly everything people do. Which he holds accountable but everyone has a problem with that. Here's the deal folks. You don't believe in God? That's dandy. I'm not here to convert you. You want to poke a bit of fun, alright, I understand. But, don't dish it if you can't take it. Using humor to blithely strut your open hostility? Wow, take a fucking chill pill. If you truly don't believe in God, what's it to you if someone else does? You wouldn't care. The fact is you're just a stubborn prick ass that feels superior for some reason. JUST the same as so many complaints about Christian's and how they judge people. Suddenly it's okay when you do it? Or are you just "getting them back"? Neither is smart or very "open-minded". Get some respect.

Fact is, if you don't believe in God, stop blaming him for everything that people, who admittedly suck (as you do I'm sure) do. And honestly, you should really ask yourself what you have against everyone that claims to have Faith in God. Because when you demean everyone that has faith, you include Mark here, who as nearly everyone can admit, is a stand up dude that rarely if ever gets in anyones face. You don't like me, that's totally fine. I don't really want to be the A+ #1 liked person in the room, but show a bit of respect in general. You want to be openly hostile with your views against Christian's, you should find another Forum to do so. Ironically it's easier to brow beat and harras, demean, villafy a Christian on these forums than it is to point out how bigotted some of the "athiests" are (Lee).

So, on topic, good read. If you've got a topic of conversation, I'd love to discuss it. If you want to openly attack Christian's, you should check yourself. That says more about you than Christian's.
                        speaking for myself here, as an atheist I do not blame god,and I do not have a problem with religion. I think religion can do a lot of good in this world. I think it has done more harm than good, but that is a different conversation.

My problem is this, when people of faith try to inject their relgious beliefs into law, when they try to shame politicians, you get the picture I am painting here.

My life should not be subject to your beliefs. If you dont like same sex marriage, dont do it! dont want an abortion, dont have one! Want to pray in school, great, do it quietly! Basically leave us alone and we will leave you alone, the way it should be. I am not trying to convert anyone, My wife is catholic and both my children were baptised (so i've been told, I was not there)
                        Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                          If you knew anything about Jesus you would know the premise behind his death was to cover the sins he knew all Christians would make. Not preaching, just telling you from the perspective of the New Testiment of the Bible.

The human race in general is by no means perfect in anyway and I've never heard any Christian, Jew, Muslim, Catholic, Hindu, etc EVER claim they were.

Threads like this only offer up self serving anti-religious rants to validate whatever insecurities atheists have regarding organized religion, usually targeting Christians 90% of the time, and are no less self serving than the people they've come to critisize.

If you're comfortable in your decision to NOT believe in God.. good for you.. but what makes you feel so compelled to openly critisize what anyone believes no matter what God they believe in other than to make some half-assed attempt to reaffirm your own reason not to believe in anything.

I swear if I came up with some thread that had 100 quotes of people critisizing atheists then all you butt hurt atheists would start bashing me with the same anti-religous banter without EVER knowing what I really believe in.
                          I do understand the Christian doctrine very well. I am not an atheist and I do believe in the teachings of Jesus. I'm simply not a Pauline Christian.

I was taking a shot at close minded hypocrites on both sides of the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                            Reverse that and it sounds a lot like missionaries for centuries.

Oh and I do believe in something, me.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Oh and I do believe in something, me.
                              <insert sweeping generalization about people that believe in you here>
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Is it me or is it always the atheists attacking Christians/religions? Growing up in a Catholic home we were taught to be tolerant of others (beliefs/ethnicity) and to respect thy neighbor. it's a shame what this world is becoming.

Comment

Working...
                                X