US deficit down 9%

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z31maniac
    replied
    IN reality, I'd like to see the fairtax + much less spending.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    No, leave taxes where they are, and cut SPENDING.
    Thats Crazy talk...........................................But you know this, why do we even try anymore with kids like this.



    Allthough it has kinda worked on h0lmes after years of trying maybe there is hope

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Kansas
    Yep. That's what I get for posting at the crack of dawn. US government spending has increased at more or less the same rate each year for the last 20 years. Doesn't matter who's in office, how the economy is doing or how much revenue they're getting: the government always gets bigger.


    Am I mad that the government isn't spending more money? No. We need to figure out a way to cover the amount of spending we have been doing. Which means tax hikes, and I know how much everyone loves to hear that. Though one thing that worries me is the possibility that we could lose a decade like Japan did.
    No, leave taxes where they are, and cut SPENDING.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    would be a waste of my time.

    taxes are punitive and a hindrance to business. You raise them business will pull in the effort. thus making the economy slow even more, lowering tax rolls. Thus they will be raised again, and shit will get wose.


    Study the great depression then get back to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kansas
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Really you have no clue how the real world works do you????
    :yawn: Enlighten me.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Kansas


    Am I mad that the government isn't spending more money? No. We need to figure out a way to cover the amount of spending we have been doing. Which means tax hikes, and I know how much everyone loves to hear that. Though one thing that worries me is the possibility that we could lose a decade like Japan did.
    Really you have no clue how the real world works do you????

    Leave a comment:


  • Kansas
    replied
    Originally posted by reelop19
    He must've meant because of its climbing trend, not that it stayed the same.
    Yep. That's what I get for posting at the crack of dawn. US government spending has increased at more or less the same rate each year for the last 20 years. Doesn't matter who's in office, how the economy is doing or how much revenue they're getting: the government always gets bigger.

    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Where is that you mad. Jpeg??????
    Am I mad that the government isn't spending more money? No. We need to figure out a way to cover the amount of spending we have been doing. Which means tax hikes, and I know how much everyone loves to hear that. Though one thing that worries me is the possibility that we could lose a decade like Japan did.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelop19
    replied
    me too

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    i blame obama for this.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied



    For Lee

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    About the same for both. High $700b range. Both a waste.
    However, there's a slight difference between the two.

    One was spent in a failed effort to rebuild America; the other was spent in a failed effort to rebuild Iraq.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ahhhh


    gotcha, Still gonna pull a Politician move here though

    Those are separate line items and different approvals for funding.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    ahhhh last I read the DoD was getting about 500b for its budget in 2011. Thats a way off from 700b. And thats something the govt is supposed to spend money on Not making sure I have approved Heath care
    It's like ~$550B + ~$150B for the war(s).

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    About the same for both. High $700b range. Both a waste.

    Interesting enough, it's about the same figure for the defense dept budget for FY 2011...
    ahhhh last I read the DoD was getting about 500b for its budget in 2011. Thats a way off from 700b. And thats something the govt is supposed to spend money on Not making sure I have approved Heath care

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Iraq still cost less than the "stimulus"
    About the same for both. High $700b range. Both a waste.

    Interesting enough, it's about the same figure for the defense dept budget for FY 2011...

    Leave a comment:

Working...