X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banned TV commercial - Chinese Professor

Thought this was neat.

Keep buying those smart phones, people.

This guy on youtube summed that up pretty well.

This is so factually wrong it is not even. I will challenge anyone to actually prove this. First of all, China does not "own most of [our] debt". Our debt nominally is just over 13 trillion. China owns just over 800 BILLION of that debt. Nice try to their. They are our largest foreign creditors, but our largest creditor in actuality is ourselves, almost half that debt is owed to FED, which is a non profit institution meaning profits go back to the Treasury. China owns about 10% of our debt.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post

This is so factually wrong it is not even. I will challenge anyone to actually prove this. First of all, China does not "own most of [our] debt". Our debt nominally is just over 13 trillion. China owns just over 800 BILLION of that debt. Nice try to their. They are our largest foreign creditors, but our largest creditor in actuality is ourselves, almost half that debt is owed to FED, which is a non profit institution meaning profits go back to the Treasury. China owns about 10% of our debt.
      What he said. China is the #1 holder of US Treasury Securities at $868,000,000,000 but they are quickly reducing their holding of USD and moving into commodities (smart move on their part). I would be more concerned with the fact that our debt obligations are currently running in the realm of 92% of GDP, Debt: $13,672,000,000,000 vs GDP: $14,730,000,000,000. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up playing out like this:

$500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

The point was obviously missed....
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          The point was obviously missed....
          It's tough to take their message seriously when they trot out the China bogeyman instead of bothering to form a rational argument. I especially enjoyed the "government take overs of private business" (cut to Wall Street). If anyone seriously believes the government is taking over the banks their world view is seriously upside down. It's late so I'm not going to enumerate my views on what "principles" I would like to see return to this country but if you want to even bother discussing it I'll check back tomorrow afternoon.
          $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
            It's tough to take their message seriously when they trot out the China bogeyman instead of bothering to form a rational argument. I especially enjoyed the "government take overs of private business" (cut to Wall Street). If anyone seriously believes the government is taking over the banks their world view is seriously upside down. It's late so I'm not going to enumerate my views on what "principles" I would like to see return to this country but if you want to even bother discussing it I'll check back tomorrow afternoon.

No it's not. Huge debt isn't a rational argument anymore? Does it really matter where it's from?
            Where does it say banks? GM isn't an example of Government taking over private businesses? Government "reform" of Wall Street. Fannie Mae Freddie Mac ring a bell?
            And it's not banned.
            Maybe you're missing the point that China is a serious competitor of ours now. In more than one way.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

jesus christ you have 1700 posts and you signed up in January

Comment

6 posts a day isn't that bad.

The real question is, how do you kill one that has no life?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

6 posts a day isn't that bad.

The real question is, how do you kill one that has no life?
                  I held 12-14 posts a day as an admin on the biggest bmx forum in the world for over 2 years. I ended up just changing my post count to like 90,000 lulz.

Comment

so even if the commercial isnt factually based, can anyone argue that spending more than you make while holding massive debts is responsible? then how is this an appropriate way to run a country?
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                      so even if the commercial isnt factually based, can anyone argue that spending more than you make while holding massive debts is responsible? then how is this an appropriate way to run a country?
                      no, nobody can argue that but plenty are doing it
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Fear campaigning at it's best.
                        Don't try to deal with glaring issues in healthcare or banking practices UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO GROW UP SPEAKING CHINESE.

I hate even more that it was a movie grade production, if only the politicians I believe in could put out ads that good. lol..
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Working...
                        X