Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSA Fail again, this time with our own soldiers returning home....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSA Fail again, this time with our own soldiers returning home....

Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)
    Thursday, November 18th at 6:28PM EST
    106 Comments
    UPDATE: I’m getting a lot of emails asking if this is actually true and is this person actually someone I know. (1) Yes it is true — it is too absurd to be made up. (2) Yes, I know the person.
    ——–
    A friend of mine sent me this about his TSA experience. He, unlike most of us, was coming back into the country from Afghanistan on a military charter.
    ——–
    As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:
    When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards.
    Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That’s where the stupid started.
    First, everyone was forced to get off the plane–even though the plane wasn’t refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.
    It’s probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren’t loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.
    The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo–just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.
    This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.
    So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:
    TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.
    Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.
    TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.
    Soldier: Why?
    TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.
    Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.
    TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.
    Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?
    TSA Guy: [awkward silence]
    Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.
    Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]
    This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

I wonder whats next with the TSA... lol. what is the next big thing gonna be....
    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

this just keeps getting better and better. some respect for our armed forces maybe?

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
    Originally posted by JakeP
    with a coathanger

Comment

I can easily imagine a terrorist nail-cutting the hostages to death...

TSA is a joke.

Tomorrow will be the busiest day of the year in the US sky. Consumers are so fed up by TSA and their silliness that tomorrow, a huge amount of people have decided (thru a viral campaign) that they won't save TSA any precious screening time by using the body scanners. Instead, they will double the search time by being searched manually. Meaning there could be long delays...

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I saw a clip on the news of some dude getting felt up, the worst part?
        Obviously in the armed forces (oorah shirt, and haircut), AND A DOUBLE AMPUTEE (legs below knees)

Seriously? YOu need to feel up the guy who lost his legs in the war? Fuck. Off.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

yeah you dont think the guy with the fake legs is not pissed off at those that want o blow up planes.

He lost his legs fighting those fuckers due to the same chicken shit attacks, You really think hes gonna join them an help them out???????????????????????????
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Profiling works!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

You can read into this two ways...The TSA agent doing his or her job so he doesn't get shit canned. Or since TSA is a hot button right now you could say they over reacted.

I am gonna say BOTH as common sense should have really have prevailed.

On a side note when travelling in Uniform on Official orders you are exempt from search and seizure.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I have been in and outta the Indy Airport a couple of times, both times I had to take my Sweat shirt off, and 1 time questioned as to why I had over 3k dollars in CASH in my pocket, after I got a random pat down AT THE GATE. It was not a fun experience that was for sure.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

You gotta remember these people make 10 bucks an hour, of course they gonna do a shit job and do random shit. Especially when they have a supervisor who makes $13 an hour watching them.
                  1985 BMW 325e
                  1997 BMW M3/4/5
                  2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    ... questioned as to why I had over 3k dollars in CASH in my pocket
                    Is that a threat to security or even against the law? I can't imagine how you can hit a hostage to death with a 1/4" thick of dollar bills

"None of your business."
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Traveling with 10K cash or more needs to be declared traveling internationally.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Dude I saw you at Home Depot the other day. Was gonna stop and say hi but I lost you inside. I was there getting self tappers to fix the heat shield on the car.
                        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          Is that a threat to security or even against the law? I can't imagine how you can hit a hostage to death with a 1/4" thick of dollar bills

"None of your business."
                          yeah I know, but its suspicious as most people dont have more than 20 bucks in their pocket anymore and rely on plastic.

I was going back home form a PAID 120 hours of training, and that was what was left of what I took with me for the 3 weeks and I cashed my perdiem checks at the local back they were written from to make sure they would clear, and my bank at home is not too big on hand written checks from across the county for over 3k. (perdiem and Travel expenses, rental car and mileage reimbursement)

They seem to think you are a drug dealer and want to know how or where you got it. Thats what I told then NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS am I not allowed to get on a plane with large amounts of cash????

They asked where I got it and why again, I again asked is CASH on the TSA banned items list?????

well the did let me get on the plane, after they went though my back pack again and a freedom pat down.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            yeah I know, but its suspicious as most people dont have more than 20 bucks in their pocket anymore and rely on plastic.

I was going back home form a PAID 120 hours of training, and that was what was left of what I took with me for the 3 weeks and I cashed my perdiem checks at the local back they were written from to make sure they would clear, and my bank at home is not too big on hand written checks from across the county for over 3k. (perdiem and Travel expenses, rental car and mileage reimbursement)

They seem to think you are a drug dealer and want to know how or where you got it. Thats what I told then NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS am I not allowed to get on a plane with large amounts of cash????

They asked where I got it and why again, I again asked is CASH on the TSA banned items list?????

well the did let me get on the plane, after they went though my back pack again and a freedom pat down.
                            "freedom pat down" Bahahahahahaha nice!

Three grand in cash? Who gives a shit? What kind of clandestine shit are you getting into with $3k? Lol
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                              "freedom pat down" Bahahahahahaha nice!

Three grand in cash? Who gives a shit? What kind of clandestine shit are you getting into with $3k? Lol
                              I know right, just enough to get into a good dice game out back.

Prolly more cuz the 10 an hour TSA hands, have not seen that much cash in one place before,

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X