No announcement yet.

My own conspericy Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While you guys wear tin foil and protest online your contempt for not being happy with what you have; I'll be glad I have a job, an education, a family, a daughter, and a comfortable living. I guess that's too much to happy for, instead I'll blame BOOOOSH or Hussien Obama why I don't have 70k car and 400k house.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
      While you guys wear tin foil and protest online your contempt for not being happy with what you have; I'll be glad I have a job, an education, a family, a daughter, and a comfortable living. I guess that's too much to happy for, instead I'll blame BOOOOSH or Hussien Obama why I don't have 70k car and 400k house.

Expectation of better from our politicians shouldn't happen? Specially when they dictate many things that effect our lives.
      The day they are of little effect to my life is the day i stop bitching about their incompetency.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        Expectation of better from our politicians shouldn't happen? Specially when they dictate many things that effect our lives.
        The day they are of little effect to my life is the day i stop bitching about their incompetency.
        Expectation should be realistic, rational, and reasonable....hardly what most people believe what politicians should do.

Hence why, I don't worry but be happy....most of the time.
        Last edited by e30e; 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM.
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Dodobrown View Post
          Self inflicted internal financial genocide.

Id like to propose an idea to any one who might be interested in a debate. A lil conspiracy theory of my own if you will. Basically my theory is this top earners in the united states during the sub prime house loan epidemic allowed or even constructed this structure of failure to allow them self to make hundreds of millions while slowly reeling every one into the chaos. by the time the smoke cleared and we really got to see what damage was caused delegates of this "plan of failure" already made millions if not billions.

Why would top earners stake large money at risk just to make a quick buck and possibly even jeopardize there own mass fortune? To increase the gap between the class level financially. Sure they could possibly lose millions but millions to top earners this is nothing when you compare that to thousands of dollars of loss in middle Americans thus successfully extending the financial power gap between the wealth and the poor. intern this would Levey the power to the super rich in way that could almost never be righted.
          its not a conspiracy theory its called being a smart investor. The term you want to use is "shorting". I've done and anyone else who knows the value of money has done it a million times not just with housing, but with tech, automotive and various other stocks. Just because people get rich off of it doesn't mean they're evil. The rich stay rich and get richer because of they play it smarter than the common folks. We just play it smarter than anyone else. IE I let my college drop out real estate buddy of mine think he was the shit when he blabbered how safe RE was little did he know I was hedging against him. Did I bother explaining why I thought his investment were junk? No Because it would be a waste of time. When he did lose, he just ended up being a sore loser and blamed people like me for countering his portfolio.

I've made money off of people's misery, I admit it. But its fair game because at anytime, if my investment strategy is wrong, the tables would turn. Do I bitch about it? no, I simply try to recoupe for my next venture. Hell my next venture could either make me richer or poorer. It's simple as that.

I don't feel sorry for the poor or am I promoting the rich. what's done is done, there are losers and winners in this game and you can't simply blame your problems on others when things don't go your way. Jeez, what the happened to self accountability and responsibility?
          Last edited by bmwstephen; 12-22-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
            Expectation should be realistic, rational, and reasonable....hardly what most people believe what politicians should do.

Hence why, I don't worry but be happy....most of the time.

That would be great if it weren't for politicians putting this country in the place it currently is...the shit hole. And people could actually find jobs. Yes I "blame" politicians for most of this disaster.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
              its not a conspiracy theory its called being a smart investor. The term you want to use is "shorting". I've done and anyone else who knows the value of money has done it a million times not just with housing, but with tech, automotive and various other stocks. Just because people get rich off of it doesn't mean they're evil. We just play it smarter than anyone else. IE I let my college drop out real estate buddy of mine think he was the shit when he blabbered how safe RE was little did he know I was hedging against him. Did I bother explaining why I thought his investment were junk? No Because it would be a waste of time. When he did lose, he just ended up being a sore loser and blamed people like me for countering his portfolio.

I don't feel sorry for the poor or am I promoting the rich. what's done is done, there are losers and winners in this game and you can't simply blame your problems on others when things don't go your way. Jeez, what the happened to self accountability and responsibility?

I pretty much agree with this except that much of the stock market is inside trading and a falsehood. It's outright gambling...unless you know people.
              What I don't like is that so many investors are okay with fucking the next guy over (not relating to what happened to you as you didn't do this) for money.

Comment

I pretty much agree with this except that much of the stock market is inside trading and a falsehood. It's outright gambling...unless you know people.
                What I don't like is that so many investors are okay with fucking the next guy over (not relating to what happened to you as you didn't do this) for money.
                and thats part of the game. you have to account for false signals and mal-investments yourselves by making sure your research and theories are more better and full proof than that of conventional wisdom. When I was shorting real estate for example, everyone was telling me how solid it was, including brokers at my brokerage (scottrade). I'm pretty sure they knew something. They did everything in the book to try and convince me to go on the gravy train (I.E. home sales figures, price trends, loan approval rates). What they didn't show me were balance sheets (who even requests for these anymore? they had to transfer me to a CFO just to get these documents produced because no one ever request for them) of financial loan institutions (some with serious negative capital) and horrible P/E ratio. These 2 things alone were enough to make me short those investments. The point is that information like that for example are stuff people don't really take the time and effort to look for, and are quick to blame others for missing such vital indicators. Never forget that everything is a business and that means everything is on a need to know basis.

Now, because I knew this and nobody else did (well to be completely honest, I did tell a few people like family members because I truly cared about their financial stability) or at least they refused to believe me, is that considered insider trading? If anything, I felt like I tried to convince those people otherwise, but instead of busting my ass to do it, I decided to respect them and let them think what they want (at times even promoting their behavior to fluster their ego) so I can capitalize on their stupidity and lack of responsibility
                Last edited by bmwstephen; 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

That would be great if it weren't for politicians putting this country in the place it currently is...the shit hole. And people could actually find jobs. Yes I "blame" politicians for most of this disaster.
                  I agree its hard to find a job, I felt the pain. BUT I over 2 months filled out over 600 applications and had 3 interviews; guess who's working. Me. I don't blame a particular group for what has happened. Nor believe public officials are a greater impact on our daily lives then ourselves. I've been laid off, it sucked. I didn't blame anyone but myself for being unable to prove my worth to a company. Anyone who was tied to money in this economy are at fault for the collapse, including consumers.
                  1985 BMW 325e
                  1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Thanks a lot, now I feel like a peasant.

Comment

this is bullshit, sorry
                      if this is what you think of the stockmarket, you either don't have any money to invest and are green with envy over those that do

or

you financial advisor should be fired outright
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        this is bullshit, sorry
                        if this is what you think of the stockmarket, you either don't have any money to invest and are green with envy over those that do

or

you financial advisor should be fired outright

No it's not. Many stocks are a total guess of what the company "value" is. Or value of "service". In other words "I hope I don't get fucked over after buying this stock" because it's based on confidence in the company. This is exactly why Enron's stock was falsely valued. And people bought it. There was zero solid product to base the value on.
                        You can know exactly what you're doing in the stock market and still lose your ass.
                        When a stock becomes available to buy who do you think the first people that hear about it are? What most people are able to buy is what's left over. Or they got lucky.
                        All it takes is a few phone calls. It's gambling at it's purest form. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours bullshit.
                        Last edited by joshh; 12-24-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I somewhat agree with the OP. The hedge fund Paulson asked Goldman to build a Swaps or aka "Investment packages" that was built around sub-prime mortgages. Once theses swaps were created and sold to other banks WHY did Paulson BUY insurance on them. Because he knew that they would fail?????? and what upsets me the most Goldman paid a small fine and Paulson got off without any penalization. Again...these people/banks making money off the middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by NuthinFancy View Post
                            Money is the root of all evil.
                            No. Get it right. The "LOVE" of money is the root of all evil. At least that is what the bible says. I'm assuming that is where you heard the opinion you just gave to us. Tangible currency is an integral part of our existence. Its use contributes greatly to the common good of people all over the world. When people begin to make money their god and begin to love it. Then it is evil.

Abe

Comment

how original :rofl:
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
                                I somewhat agree with the OP. The hedge fund Paulson asked Goldman to build a Swaps or aka "Investment packages" that was built around sub-prime mortgages. Once theses swaps were created and sold to other banks WHY did Paulson BUY insurance on them. Because he knew that they would fail?????? and what upsets me the most Goldman paid a small fine and Paulson got off without any penalization. Again...these people/banks making money off the middle class.
                                err ever heard of hedging? it's a common strategy. Goldman or any other financial is going to always try and hedge the position against downside. To not do so would be stupid. Besides, the package was decided by the two counterparties to the transaction. The seller knew what was in it and so did the buyer. the govt's whole case was simply hogwash to find a scapegoat so congress could divert public outcry. hence was goldman was allowed to settle, the govt knew all along they had no case. You call 1/2 billion dollars a small fine? Ok Rockafella :)
                                '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                                '91 SpecE30 #523
                                '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Working...
                                X