Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUI no refusal checkpoints.

For our own good....
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    You know what else they could do? $100K fine for the first offense and permanent loss of license. That would cure 95% of the problem.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

^^doubt it.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I am all for it.

Plus loss of driving privileges and jail sentence would keep the impaired drivers off traffic.
        1st time you're caught with alcohol in your blood, you loose your license for a full year. The second time is for 5 to 10 years. Third time is illimited. Go take the bus to work for the rest of your life...
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^^ No it wouldnt, that would just increase the number of broke/uninsured drivers that will drive your rates up.

I'm surprised Idaho would go this route. They tend to be more of a libertarian state and police forced blood tests seems out of control. Gattaca/1984 is coming. Papiers bitte.

Comment

Yeah the thing is Driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right

So there for they can attach anything they want to it, and you have to abide by to continue to enjoy the privilege of driving

Just a FYI I think its Bull shit and in violation of the 4th.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Something can and should be done but this is not it.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Something can and should be done but this is not it.
                I don't see the problem. If you aren't over the limit, then you probably wont get stopped, and if you do, you should be able to clear the Breathalyzer. If you are over the limit, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. Imagine if one of these no-refusal checkpoints saves an innocent life?

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                  I don't see the problem. If you aren't over the limit, then you probably wont get stopped, and if you do, you should be able to clear the Breathalyzer. If you are over the limit, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. Imagine if one of these no-refusal checkpoints saves an innocent life?

And if they started inspecting everyone's homes on a weekly basis and pockets, imagine all the crime they would find. And all the lives that would be saved from beatings and drugs....

It's unconstitutional.

Comment

And if they started inspecting everyone's homes on a weekly basis and pockets, imagine all the crime they would find. And all the lives that would be saved from beatings and drugs....

It's unconstitutional.
                    Which is it that you are against, the checkpoint, Breathalyzer or blood test?

Comment

BAC measurement represents a kind of pre-crime that I'm not completely comfortable with. Especially the way it gets abused at times. Worse yet, first time offenders who have committed no offense other than blowing too high a number and have not harmed anyone get hit VERY hard, while repeat offenders are not especially controllable.

Of course, another issue is that breathalyzers can be wildly inaccurate.
                      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Shit in Arizona, they posted days in advance. Just drive around them.
                        1985 BMW 325e
                        1997 BMW M3/4/5
                        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                          BAC measurement represents a kind of pre-crime that I'm not completely comfortable with. Especially the way it gets abused at times. Worse yet, first time offenders who have committed no offense other than blowing too high a number and have not harmed anyone get hit VERY hard, while repeat offenders are not especially controllable.

A lot of holes in this.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                            I don't see the problem. If you aren't over the limit, ... Imagine if one of these no-refusal checkpoints saves an innocent life?
                            You forgot "Think of the children"...
                            Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                            Which is exactly why one should refuse to take one. Especially at one of these checkpoints where there is absolutely no probable cause before one will have their bodily fluids sampled or face penalty of jail time.

But hey, with a government that can force us to carry health insurance, and tax us for drinking soda, it only seems right that they take our blood to make sure we aren't drunk. Don't be surprised when they start checking your blood for STD's, or running your DNA against the database for unsolved crimes. It all will be worth it if it saves just one life...
                            '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
                              You forgot "Think of the children"...

Which is exactly why one should refuse to take one. Especially at one of these checkpoints where there is absolutely no probable cause before one will have their bodily fluids sampled or face penalty of jail time.

But hey, with a government that can force us to carry health insurance, and tax us for drinking soda, it only seems right that they take our blood to make sure we aren't drunk. Don't be surprised when they start checking your blood for STD's, or running your DNA against the database for unsolved crimes. It all will be worth it if it saves just one life...
                              I guess you told me...

Comment

Working...
                              X