Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drug war in Mexico: Do you think the US should jump in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug war in Mexico: Do you think the US should jump in?

Guys, here are 2 questions. The problem in Mexico is getting worse and worse.

1. Do you think we should step in and smash the cartels?

2. Do you think we will step in and smash the cartels?

I think we all know the money is primarily from Americans, so what would happen if we did legalize drugs here, would the cartels try and muscle their way here?

Please guys, try to keep this from being racist or whatever. For some reason, this scenario seems to be near the front of my mind. When a neighbor that close has that bad an issue, I feel it affects us all.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

I am ignorant on the issue. No comment.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I don't feel America will do anything but protect its own border a bit more than they are currently doing. The Drug trade is a great business for our Government as well.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

1. No
        2. No

Is the mob still running the alcohol trade after the end of Prohibition?

Legalize it, tax it like we do alochol and tobacco (you can't tax it too high, or people will just go underground again to avoid paying the tax). Then we can put those police resources to things like murders, rape, child abuse, etc.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

NO.

end the drug war.

Harm reduction and decriminalization is the answer. Has worked in every country that used it.

/thread
          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
          Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

legalize and be happy.
            sigpic

Comment

I lived in Tucson my young life (border town for the the geographically inclined) El Paso for 5 years, and Albuquerque for 5 years.

People out side of this area do not get a sense of the level of violence we are talking about here. You dont want to stick our nose in that situation without serious thought of what the repercussions will be from the cartels.

Before you say strongest Army in the world blah blah we are not talking about marching on to a battle field with flags and uniforms you are talking about house to house raids with a group of insurgents that would bitch slap those Iraqi and Afghanistan hacks. These cartels bring in BILLIONS of dollars every year and have enormous stock piles of things that go bump in the night.

Again could we "blow em up" sure but how do you spot a cartel member? How do you know what houses are stash houses filled with children. 3000 people died last year in Juarez alone that place is a battle field. Population is in the Millions and they all do what the Cartel says period.

Last point, how is the "war" on drugs working in our side of the fence? Not so well and that needs to be rolled over before we start militarizing our border with Mexico.
              Last edited by mightywhitey; 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM.
              1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
              1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
              1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                I don't feel America will do anything but protect its own border a bit more than they are currently doing. The Drug trade is a great business for our Government as well.
                This goes both ways...

DEA is a business.
                DEA does business (with cartels).
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

legalize weed/pot/whatever I am assuming, not stronger drugs like cocaine?

isn't the Mexican drug trade mostly into the stronger drugs? Sorry guys I don't know much about this, I'll be honest

Comment

i dont believe in using cocaine, or any other substance other than pot. I dont even like cigarettes. What gets me is the government legalizes spice and stuff thats TERRIBLE for you, and are stronger than weed. seriously wtf?

But i also dont believe involving ourself with the war wiht drugs etc..maybe when it comes home, to our land causing huge issues, then maybe...they just need to legalize and the problem will be non existant.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      legalize weed/pot/whatever I am assuming, not stronger drugs like cocaine?

isn't the Mexican drug trade mostly into the stronger drugs? Sorry guys I don't know much about this, I'll be honest
                      Mexican drug trade is an understatement. These are just the Mafia in the 20s they are in everything in Mexico. Politics, drug traffing of all kinds ( Meth labs are huge in Mexico ) Human trafficking, prostitution, murder for hire, gun traffiking, stolen cars all that shit.

This is my point this isnt getting Nancy Reagons old ass on TV saying just say no and arresting all the black kids with baggy jeans you are talking about a giant undertaking and when things get real bad you will have desperate crazy people killing everyone
                      Just over 700,000 people live in El Paso, which makes it the fourth most populous city in Texas. Combined with Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, though, the metropolitan area forms the largest population center on any international border in the world.
                      Not to mention San Diego and every border town in Texeas New Mexico Arizona
                      1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                      1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                      1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                        i dont believe in using cocaine, or any other substance other than pot. I dont even like cigarettes. What gets me is the government legalizes spice and stuff thats TERRIBLE for you, and are stronger than weed. seriously wtf?
                        Huh?

It was my understanding that K2, SPICE, Starry Night.......all that crap isn't being legalized, it just hasn't been banned yet.

In OK, Salvia/K2 and some of the other more popular "brands" have already been outlawed. But, when of the brands is outlawed, the "spice" companies change the name and slightly change the formula, then it's legal again. That is until it gets banned again and the cycle continues.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          Huh?

It was my understanding that K2, SPICE, Starry Night.......all that crap isn't being legalized, it just hasn't been banned yet.

In OK, Salvia/K2 and some of the other more popular "brands" have already been outlawed. But, when of the brands is outlawed, the "spice" companies change the name and slightly change the formula, then it's legal again. That is until it gets banned again and the cycle continues.

Well you're probably right, i had an experience with some shit called "Mr Nice Guy"... never again. i thought my heart was going to explode. I just dont see how it can be legal to buy and sell at gas stations and stuff, when weed is not half as bad as that shit, and thats being conservative.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                            Mexican drug trade is an understatement. These are just the Mafia in the 20s they are in everything in Mexico. Politics, drug traffing of all kinds ( Meth labs are huge in Mexico ) Human trafficking, prostitution, murder for hire, gun traffiking, stolen cars all that shit.

This is my point this isnt getting Nancy Reagons old ass on TV saying just say no and arresting all the black kids with baggy jeans you are talking about a giant undertaking and when things get real bad you will have desperate crazy people killing everyone Not to mention San Diego and every border town in Texeas New Mexico Arizona
                            That is the shit I am talking about. The situation is getting so bad, those freaks are gonna start coming here and blowing stuff up.... and they aren't amateurs anymore!

At some point soon, this shit is gonna start effecting WASPs and Hispanics alike over here, what are we gonna do then? This is not some NAFTA crap, people are dying in bunches, in the streets, in broad daylight.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              Guys, here are 2 questions. The problem in Mexico is getting worse and worse.

1. Do you think we should step in and smash the cartels?

2. Do you think we will step in and smash the cartels?
                              None of those answers. War on drug is not done at the supplier, but at the demand. If most of the demand is State side, then work your magic on this side of the border. if the demand is in Mexico, leave the Mexicans take care of their problem.

BTW are specifically talking abouth this "find"?

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X