Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China and Russia quit the Yankee $

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_11599087.htm

St. Petersburg, Russia – China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

“About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies,” Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-21-2011, 08:35 AM.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Russia also sold them their new Stealth technology. Rivaling the USA.
    BEIJING: China's radar-eluding stealth fighter made its first-known test flight Tuesday, marking dramatic progress in the country's efforts to develop cutting-edge military technologies. The prototype plane dubbed the J-20 flew for about 15 minutes over an airfield in the southwestern city of Chengdu where it was spotted carrying out runway…

As well as Hu saying this today at the White House.

Hu said the relationship between the two counties has grown to one of "strategic significance and global influence."
    But he pointedly added: "China and the United States should respect each other's choice of development paths and each other's core interests."

Time to start learning Chinese
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Next year, I will give $5.00 to UNICEF to support starving children in the US ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        Next year, I will give $5.00 to UNICEF to support starving children in the US ;-)
        Id save your money, America did it to themselves!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          Russia also sold them their new Stealth technology. Rivaling the USA.
          BEIJING: China's radar-eluding stealth fighter made its first-known test flight Tuesday, marking dramatic progress in the country's efforts to develop cutting-edge military technologies. The prototype plane dubbed the J-20 flew for about 15 minutes over an airfield in the southwestern city of Chengdu where it was spotted carrying out runway…

As well as Hu saying this today at the White House.

Hu said the relationship between the two counties has grown to one of "strategic significance and global influence."
          But he pointedly added: "China and the United States should respect each other's choice of development paths and each other's core interests."

Time to start learning Chinese

Most liberal non thinkers here wont even understand how this might effect us....lol. Everything is a conspiracy theory till it actually happens to them.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Oh shit.

Comment

joshh is always right, on every single post he ever makes.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

??????

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  most liberal non thinkers here wont even understand how this might effect us....lol. Everything is a conspiracy theory till it actually happens to them.

v

Originally posted by kershaw View Post

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

China agrees to buy 45b in US exports? What a day today is becoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                      http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_11599087.htm

St. Petersburg, Russia – China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

“About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies,” Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.
                      Lee, I expected better from you...

chinadaily.com is the state-run news website. They post whatever, whenever without regard for accuracy because it's a state-run propaganda machine. I've searched several other news websites and can find no mention of Russia or China ditching the dollar.

can anyone find any evidence to substantiate the claims on chinadaily.com?

Comment

^ If this is the case, it must be state-run trying to cover for the 45b in imports they just agreed to buy from the US.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          Lee, I expected better from you...
                          I am a Chinese agent provocateur... I am here to demoralize the Imperialist Yankees ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by massive lee View Post
                            i am a chinese agent provocateur... I am here to demoralize the imperialist yankees ;-)
                            So, QFDHS. ;)

Comment

Actually, China and Russia are not the only ones to think about dumping the monkey currency. India, 18 months ago was already thinking about it. Just Googling "China + Russia + dollar" will bring tons of results. Me believe that CorviBro didn't look too hard. ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                              X