GE = Gov't Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishg View Post
    GE along with other large multi-nationals, stopped being a US company about a decade ago. they are multi-nationals with large revenues that are larger than a lot of countries GDP. They will go where the profits are and have no special ties to any one country. To expect otherwise is foolish.
    you missed the OP's point entirely
    its not that they derive revenues from outside the USA
    its how they're governed as a company and where/how they get their business. its immoral.
    what was once arguably the finest company in the world is now a part of the problem
    at least many now recognize what the problem is (among others) and that is the start of the end to business as ususal. hopefully.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
      I swear......politicians should be forced to wear NASCAR style jackets with the names of their "sponsors" boldly emblazoned across them. Maybe then we'd get a little more transparency.

Now that is a great idea.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by bdracing View Post
        What does government even mean?
        I think Rousseau would say something about a social contract.

...shit, I may have just labled myself as a tin-foil-hat-wearing nut-job.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X