Wait a second.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a second.....

While discussing legislative measures concerning cyberterrorism, several legislative aides on the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee said that we need to protect ourselves from hackers who could open Hoover Dam and kill thousands. But is that scenario even possible?

So, If all of these critical systems AREN'T connected to the Internet, what possible reason can the administration use to justify the need for an "internet kill switch?"

The supporters of the bill are blatantly lying about the ability of hackers to wreak doom and destruction, to support the passage of the bill.

Certainly there is nothing nefarious about that?
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

All that they want to stop with this bill is the growth of revolution. if you can't communicate, you can't organize against the system. This has nothing to do with protecting vital installations, and everything with keeping people in Tulsa from uprising if they were to hear that 773,000 people just overthrew the Nyse.

Comment

I know, but some dismiss it as conspiracy theory.....

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Just the thought of an internet kill switch makes me LOL. Do you realize what the Internet is, what it is made up of, and how many people/companies are a part of it, that would need to cooperate in a joint effort to even TRY to kill the backbone connections that make up the Internet?

The whole idea is a joke.

I work for a tier 1 network company, and if you told us that we had to kill the links to effectively shut down the Internet, we'd laugh and say "sure, give us 5 years and we'll have that finished for ya!" It takes us hours just to locate and disconnect one business customer circuit, to disconnect for non-payment. Tracing, disconnecting, and documenting the backbone circuits would be a huge undertaking. And that's just one major telco, what about all the little ISP's and telco's? The guy who owns a mux in his basement and charges AT&T or Verizon to lease it?
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

^Then it must still be giving them power over something else regulating the interent that they don't currently have.

Otherwise, what would be the point of introducing a bill that is impossible to acheive it's publicly intended result.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

The "Kill-Switch" Bill could include mandatory new hardware, a la All central data transmission locations have a Sat. controlled shutout with an insane encryption, just like the FCC did when we had the Digital switchover. You DO know why they did that, right?

Ever hear of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_radar ?

Why would the US Government require the citizens to blanket the nation with a new type of "visible" info-waves? Oh yeah. I know.

Comment

Working...
            X