Sales of the GM Volt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Diesel would sell better if they took the taxes off of them. I really would like to get one at some point. EV no thanks not when I know there is a coal burning plant less than 10 miles away that makes my electricity.

Checkmate, end thread, Pwned...etc.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Diesel would sell better if they took the taxes off of them. I really would like to get one at some point. EV no thanks not when I know there is a coal burning plant less than 10 miles away that makes my electricity.
      And the extra Fed taxes at the retail level, and all the stupid Not to mention ridiculous emissions shit thats on them choking them out right now, they would be even better.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

They're basically cigarette filters. Unfortunately diesels will always have to deal with black shit coming out. And that ash is a lot worse for you than taking a wiff of a gasoline f.injected engine exhaust even without a catcon.
        The particle filters don't really choke the engines, problem is ther price when you have to replace/refill them.

Comment

^

Urea/DPF/EGR's are and do kill mileage and reliability on the diesels over here. We have been having nothing but problems with our work trucks, since the onset of the DPF in 08. Every single truck we have is running, DPF/ERG/Urea Delete kits the day we get them even as the shop guys are pulling the window stickers off. When my personal truck (pre emissions diesel) will get 12mpg pulling 10k lbs at 2000-3000 feet, you think not bad, but when you put that up against about 14 EMPTY for a new Emissions Diesel truck, and about 9-10mpg pulling the same load, the proof is in the pudding of the real world right there..........

Common rail is great so long as you always have good quality fuel or are running extra filtration, both preferably, With the cost of initial buy in to get into a 2010 and newer Diesel truck, and the added running costs now thanks to the pig piss, and all the issues that the emissions equipment causes in down time, there is not much advantage anymore to go diesel, when coupled with the extra cost of fuel, again thanks to govt's via higher taxes and forced regulation making the refining process more expensive. Dont get me stated on this ULSD shit, that eats all the high pressure fuel system parts, due no sulfur in the fuel for lubrication

there rant off
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-12-2011, 07:28 PM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Freightliner vs regulations...

While “no one really knows” what economic and market conditions 2007 will bring, Freightliner and its parent the DaimlerChrysler Truck Group “are ready to respond,” says Andreas...

At this point, the company expects truck sales to remain strong in the first quarter of 2007 as manufacturers sell off a backlog of trucks fitted with 2006-spec engines. Second quarter sales will see “a big dip” as OEMs begin installing the more expensive low-emissions ’07-spec diesels, with that downturn extending into the third quarter as well, Renschler said. If the N.A. economy remains strong, he expects to see sales begin to pick up in the last quarter of the year.

“The good thing is we know when this (downturn) will end because of EPA 2010,” he said. Fleets are expected to purchase new trucks ahead of the next diesel-emissions cutback, which is scheduled to take effect in 2010.

Diesel trucks of course. But the US is not friendly to diesels. That's again to the EPA. And they had some pretty big lay offs as well. Not all because of the EPA of course. the economy didn't hep either.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

The funny thing is ULSD was not even being sold on the US market till Jan 09. VW and Audi are having numerous issues here saying bad diesel ie contaminated tanks where folks are getting there fuel.

I have noticed quite a few of my locals running blue clouds aka home heating oil. Not much going on in ways of enforcement.

I think I finally found my truck, 7.3 turbo diesel Ford F250 next town over. It's a 97 and is in good condition. Would have rather had a Cummings but it's priced accordingly.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

old 7.3's are very hard to kill. Just make sure you are running a good fuel additive to get some lubricity back in it, to save the injection pump and injectors. I run Stanadyne and over treat by about 30%, or cheaper option if all your after is lubricity on the old combine engine is about a 1/2 a quart of tranny fluid or 2 cycle oil at each fill up. Thing is though you dont the, De-emulsifier (to condense water outta the fuel into large enough particles so the filters can get it, most fuel adds are emulsifiers where they break up the water to let it run though the system in very small amounts = bad for the VP40 and Injectors) or the anti gel, fuel stabilizer or Cetane booster if you just use basic oils opposed to the Stanadyne

I hate ULSD, (your right I really didnt notice much of a change in millage or engine characteristics till about mid 2009 now that you mention it) there is still a few places where I know that I can still get the old LSD with the 500ppm Sulfur content Vs the 15ppm of ULSD. My truck is an 04 and meant to run on LSD. When I can get a tank full of it, I get about 10-15% better millage, the injectors quite down, and the whole thing just runs smoother and better, and I treat all fuel my fuel with the same additive and amounts. Its a long hike for me to get those places that still have the 500ppm pumps, so I dont get it often but I never pass up the chance either.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-13-2011, 08:13 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

I think I finally found my truck, 7.3 turbo diesel Ford F250 next town over. It's a 97 and is in good condition. Would have rather had a Cummings but it's priced accordingly.
                  I've been wanting a 7.3 turbo for a while. Kinda like e30s - not a lot of extra crap on the engine (like air pumps, EGR cooling, EGR = :( ) but I'd rather have a straight 6 from a simplicity standpoint.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                  Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

^ yup

12 valve cummis is the better of the 2 but you cant go wrong with either of them

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                      I don't understand why people are buying the Leaf when you can get a car that functions as an electric but *can still go places*. The Leaf is so single-focused as to be worthless to anyone as anything but a toy. You'd have to go home and swap cars (to the other car that you NEED to have) just to drive to the next county. I don't get it.
                      I guess this will always be the classic argument. It also seems like the same mindset of how people end up using a big ass van or SUV for a work commuter.
                      I look at it this way: 100 miles is plenty of range for a daily driver, and covers maybe 95% of my driving. If I don't want to hang onto the gas guzzler I'll just rent or borrow a car for the roadtrips, that's like once or twice a year.
                      It's like someone trying to talk you into a truck if you move drywall/plywood once a year. Just rent the damn thing for an hour and be done.

In other news, the fire marshall is reporting that the fire started from outside the garage.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        I guess this will always be the classic argument. It also seems like the same mindset of how people end up using a big ass van or SUV for a work commuter.
                        I look at it this way: 100 miles is plenty of range for a daily driver, and covers maybe 95% of my driving. If I don't want to hang onto the gas guzzler I'll just rent or borrow a car for the roadtrips, that's like once or twice a year.
                        It's like someone trying to talk you into a truck if you move drywall/plywood once a year. Just rent the damn thing for an hour and be done.
                        I kinda like having a family vehicle fleet. 2 jags, 1 lifted truck, 2 bmws, 1 turbo volvo, 1 SUV, 1 minivan, 1 benz, 1 buick, 2 motorcycles, and one farm tractor.

And they all burn gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post

In other news, the fire marshall is reporting that the fire started from outside the garage.
                          My point is, the Volt will do everything the Leaf will do and yet still act like a normal car when necessary. You can't say that about small car / huge pickup by any means.

I think people are more concerned with the image than the reality of the situation.
                          Last edited by priapism; 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM.
                          sigpic
                          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Comment

They got it wrong.

America is #1!

Comment

Preliminary conclusions from the investigation into a Mooresville, North Carolina, house fire that destroyed a Chevrolet Volt indicate the fire did not start in the vehicle, but elsewhere, and progressed to engulf the electric car.
                                Iredell County chief deputy fire marshal Garland Cloer told GreenCarReports in an exclusive interview that, "the source of ignition seems to be from outside the area of the vehicles."
                                The fire marshal investigating a Mooresville, NC, fire that engulfed a 2011 Chevrolet Volt electric car has concluded preliminarily that the car was not the source of the fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X