No announcement yet.

never want to pay taxes again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To expand on my earlier point; the people directly impacted by higher corporate tax rates (if the company actually pays any) are the shareholders, if they own stocks which pay dividends (not all do). What this means then is that dividends are actually taxed twice; once at the corporate tax rate by the company, and once by the shareholder at the personal capital gains tax rate. I'll concede then that in a way, the corporate tax rate effectively increases the capital gains tax rate higher than it appears on the surface.

Corporations do, however, have some options for reducing their taxable income. Wages and bonuses they pay to employees - deductible. Benefits they provide to them are also deductible. Investing in new tooling, equipment, R&D are all deductible. Of course why go through all that when its just easier to get in bed with a congressman?
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
      Haha, speaking in semantics? I hope so.

What I am trying to say is that tons of people in this country seem to think of corporations as some evil creature sucking up money and squandering it. But this is nonsense. Corporations are made up of shareholders, employees and customers which could be you, your mom, your neighbor, your boss, anybody really. When corporations are taxed, economic principles kick in. Employees are given pay cuts, or laid off. Goods and services become more expensive for the customer. And the price of shares drop and dividends are decreased for shareholders.

So, all these ass hole libtards bitching and moaning about how the big bad money sucking General Electric monster isn't paying taxes, are really just complaining that themselves, their moms and their neighbors aren't taxed more.

I wonder how many of them have GE dishwashers in their houses?
      Who the fuck post this?

Where's holmes?
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X