Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    it was a peace offering you chump
    you know, trying to engage you in an adult conversation without the usual bullshit that comes with your posts.
    someday you'll get over your own lack of self esteem/low self confidence and not have to demean, insult, and ridicule to make a point.
    Absolutely zero posts from you suggest that you have the ability to have an adult conversation or treat anyone who disagrees with you with respect, so why should I have assumed you would magically start now?

Comment

thank you for making my point
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

it was a peace offering you chump
        you know, trying to engage you in an adult conversation without the usual bullshit that comes with your posts.
        everyone loves a backhanded compliment

someday you'll get over your own lack of self esteem/low self confidence and not have to demean, insult, and ridicule to make a point.
        hhahahahahaha irony overload

Comment

come on brave, for once have something to say that actually means something instead of trolling
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

For the curious, S&P500 closed at 1460.15 today, which is what it will still be tomorrow which is the closing date of the bet.

I'm certainly glad I was not shorting it during the past 5+ months and instead increasing my 401k contribution to capture the gains.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
              For the curious, S&P500 closed at 1460.15 today, which is what it will still be tomorrow which is the closing date of the bet.

I'm certainly glad I was not shorting it during the past 5+ months and instead increasing my 401k contribution to capture the gains.
              And what are you predictions for the next 5+ months?
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                And what are you predictions for the next 5+ months?
                More slow growth. And my plan of action is to keep passively investing the same amount

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                  More slow growth. And my plan of action is to keep passively investing the same amount

and your investments are in what?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

and your investments are in what?
                    VFIFX in my Roth IRA. And whatever is equivalent in my 401k plan.

Comment

vanguard is a good investment.

Comment

vanguard is a good investment.
                        lol - well, I'm sure you can make bad investments using vanguard funds... but I'm a huge fan of their offerings and its founder invented passive index funds and all. (John C. Bogle during his undergraduate thesis at Princeton) The company's philosophy is also one that I enjoy (making investing cost efficient).

Usually don't put much weight in MarketWatch "articles", but a decent write up related to subject. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ric...?siteid=yhoof2

Picture a passive investing portfolio versus a selection of active, hot-and-heavy hedge funds. In such volatile times, the active funds should be trouncing the market, right? There must have been plenty of opportunities and special situations to jump on. Uncertainty and panic are a great environment for contrarian risk-takers.

Think again. The year so far perfectly illustrates the dangers of active investing compared to simple passive investing portfolio strategies.
                        As we find out later in the story, one hedge fund index is up 6.76% for the year. That's before, however, subtracting the 2% annual management fee and 20% of gains performance fee typically charged by hedge funds. Another, competing index of hedge funds is up just 3.49 %.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 Index through Sept. 14 has posted a gain of 16.55%, not including a dividend payout of roughly 2%. You could have had that return instead, if you had chosen an exchange-traded fund (ETF) or an index fund of the benchmark. The net expense ratio for the SPDR S&P 500 SPY is a whopping 0.0945%. The Vanguard S&P 500 ETF VOO is even cheaper — just 0.05%.
                        Some (like those who sell typical mutual funds or are in the interest of actively managed funds) might call it boring, but certainly is advantageous to making bad calls when trying to beat boring.
                        Last edited by rwh11385; 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Note to self - Self, do not take GWB's word at face value.
                          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                            Took you this long?
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^ Touche.
                              "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                              -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                                So wat have I said for you to question my integrity?
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X