Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its amazing you find it completely impossible for anyone Trump campaigned with to be connected to russia.

But half the republican community was grasping at straws to get hillary convicted of anything under the sun, some actually going as far as believing that Comet Pizza CP case.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      I think its amazing you find it completely impossible for anyone Trump campaigned with to be connected to russia.

But half the republican community was grasping at straws to get hillary convicted of anything under the sun, some actually going as far as believing that Comet Pizza CP case.
      What matters is that it doesn't matter at all that he had people who did business with Russia. Especially since Secretary Clinton signed off on a deal that gave Russia access to up to 20% of our Uranium capacity.

Being connected to Russia is a pointless statement. What material effect does it have to do with anything? I don't get the outrage unless its outrage for the sake of outrage.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        RT is Russia Today (a news outlet). By those standards, we could say that CNN, NBC and all the other media outlets as propaganda pieces. No crime here either.
        Marshall, I'm with you more often than not, but the above comment requires some intellectual gymnastics. RT is a known state-run propaganda outlet, not simply a news channel. I think Flynn did some things that will get him into trouble.

That said, I think Trump has demonstrated thus far that he is not, and will not be Putin's lap dog. Despite the current mainstream media narrative.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
          Marshall, I'm with you more often than not, but the above comment requires some intellectual gymnastics. RT is a known state-run propaganda outlet, not simply a news channel. I think Flynn did some things that will get him into trouble.

That said, I think Trump has demonstrated thus far that he is not, and will not be Putin's lap dog. Despite the current mainstream media narrative.
          Ok, say that is true (I don't know for certain), what difference does that really make? Is it a crime? You might be right about Flynn being in trouble, but it still doesn't connect any dots.

All of this is to deflect responsibility for having a shitty message that was shittly sold to the American people who didn't buy it. The moment of democrat/liberal self-reflection lasted about 15 minutes.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Being connected to Russia is a pointless statement. What material effect does it have to do with anything? I don't get the outrage unless its outrage for the sake of outrage.
            didn't take long for those goalposts to start moving..
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              didn't take long for those goalposts to start moving..
              Did they? Pretty sure I always said it was a pointless exercise. I do think that major American media are mouth pieces for the government at times. You would be a fool to not think that way.

What's the difference?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I don't think trump is putins lapdog, I do think he sees putin as a 'model leader' in a way.

And lol at the 20% of uranium. You do realize she wasn't giving Russia 20% of our Uranium, and she wasn't the person who pitched it, she wasn't the deciding vote. It was a Russian Nuclear Energy company buying a company to mine uranium that happens to own mining land in a couple US states. The state dept, along with many other agencies, signed off on the approval for the company to buy the other company.

Meanwhile Pres. Trump had announced this as 'Hillary giving russia 20% of our nuclear weapon building uranium'. Which is almost blatantly false.
                willschnitz

Comment

I don't think trump is putins lapdog, I do think he sees putin as a 'model leader' in a way.

And lol at the 20% of uranium. You do realize she wasn't giving Russia 20% of our Uranium, and she wasn't the person who pitched it, she wasn't the deciding vote. It was a Russian Nuclear Energy company buying a company to mine uranium that happens to own mining land in a couple US states. The state dept, along with many other agencies, signed off on the approval for the company to buy the other company.

Meanwhile Pres. Trump had announced this as 'Hillary giving russia 20% of our nuclear weapon building uranium'. Which is almost blatantly false.
                  She was the Secretary of State. I am aware that enriched uranium was not given to Russia, but access to it was not. Had she rung the alarm bell, something would have been done to stop the deal. She was in the position of power to do something about it and didn't. Is that not a fair argument?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

She was the Secretary of State. I am aware that enriched uranium was not given to Russia, but access to it was not. Had she rung the alarm bell, something would have been done to stop the deal. She was in the position of power to do something about it and didn't. Is that not a fair argument?
                    I really dont get how this is an alarm bell ringing moment. You talk about outrage for the sake of outrage, then basically are outraged about a topic republicans manufactured to be outrageous by ignoring all the facts.

Sure, I also don't agree with allowing Russia, or Russian companies, any means to Uranium from US soil. Do I get outraged cause your average politician not reading shit and signing everything let it through? Of course, is all the blame on Hillary? No.

Back to the topic of this thread, Wonder how Mr. Mar-a-Lagos weekend was.
                    willschnitz

Comment

I really dont get how this is an alarm bell ringing moment. You talk about outrage for the sake of outrage, then basically are outraged about a topic republicans manufactured to be outrageous by ignoring all the facts.

Sure, I also don't agree with allowing Russia, or Russian companies, any means to Uranium from US soil. Do I get outraged cause your average politician not reading shit and signing everything let it through? Of course, is all the blame on Hillary? No.

Back to the topic of this thread, Wonder how Mr. Mar-a-Lagos weekend was.
                      I am confused; you are concerned about Russians having access to US Uranium but don't blame Hillary 100%, then don't understand why the Republicans were concerned about it. Then you call it manufactured?

If it was manufactured, then why be concerned about it at all?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Nice deflection.

More winning: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...itter-politics
                        willschnitz

Comment

Is it deflection to call you out on your contradictions?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

???

The whole point was the news manufactured it to be 100% hillarys fault. Not any of the other 9 people who could have stopped it, including the President, All because of the all out crusade to put hillary in jail for anything at all.

Way to change it back to 'calling people out' aka antagonizing other posters and changing the argument from the thread topics. Its like you think Trump is your role model and you are calling out hypocrisy.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Im interested to see if Pres. Trump manages to squeeze in any of the numerous promises he made in the last 4 days we have of his 100 day plan.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Corporation for Public Broadcasting

It's only okay for us to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X