This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    God its such a fucking joke that some of you think this is normal changes in climate.

When the planet was "warming up, and cooling down" thousands (in reality hundreds of thousands to millions) of years ago it wasn't doing it in a fucking century, at the extreme rates its happening at now.

I cant wait for the outrage as many more millions of refugees from the middle east and tropics run to our northern and southern homes to escape massive temperature increases caused by ignoring the signs.
    if you're looking for a book to read in your spare time, i suggest The Drowned World by J. G. Ballard.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      if you're looking for a book to read in your spare time, i suggest The Drowned World by J. G. Ballard.
      Or watch Costner's Water World.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

My line of work services the oil business, and that's where the cash is, so that's where my niche is. I have worked on bridges, water towers, over the road trucks, parts for the navy from nuke boats to experimental development systems for carriers, brewery tanks and a few other odds and ends.

Now that said, just because I work in the energy sector does not mean i cant objectively look at something. This is the very mindset that the settled science types are accused of, creating results and interpreting data in a way that gets them more funding so they continue to have a job. Mucj of my current livelihood is 1 or 2 battery/entry storage tech break through's away from being left in obscurity. I come from a long line of pragmatic analytical people, just because I think there is far moremoved to the equation than what pop culture ha's made popular, does not mean I am playing favorites. I thought this same thing in the 90s when still in high school when the human induced g/w was startan to be pushed heavily.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          This is a very very false stament that is not even backed up by most of the "settled science" types. In fact there is plenty of Ice core data that predates modern "humans" that show climate can radically shift in a fucking decade let alone centuries
          I asked this before and you didn't answer: how do you decide which parts of the climate science are worth believing to be true and which are not? Why ice cores and not other sources?

Comment

Because some people hold onto the idea that there is nothing wrong or god will fix it, till their dying breath.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              I asked this before and you didn't answer: how do you decide which parts of the climate science are worth believing to be true and which are not? Why ice cores and not other sources?
              The ones that don't rely on manipulated data thrown into a computer program to generate a canned output. Ice cores are the only reliable science that determine what happened to the climate over millennia. Even then, it can only relate the effects of climate changes or catastrophic events. Everything else doesn't have the sample size to determine a trend of anything.

What I don't understand is that you don't give weight to ice cores yet you probably believe that dinosaurs exist because you have seen the fossils. People who poo poo ice core samples should also be denying that fossils are enough to determine that dinosaurs roamed the earth.

;D

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                as you know all we can do is read the pro's and con's from people who are experts in climate science.

and if you actually do that you'll find there is no consensus, actual world climate data is not following the climate models, there is no doom and gloom, life on our little rock in space would be better with higher levels of CO2 and another 2* of warming. oh, and there is no human fingerprint any scientist can identify to actually prove AGW. but there are models which don't predict anything accurately.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Can I move this in a different direction? I am curious what you guys think of the people Trump will be putting in his cabinet

potstir
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 11-17-2016, 11:39 AM. Reason: adding the brother emoticon haha
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Can I move this in a different direction? I am curious what you guys think of the people Trump will be putting in his cabinet
                    "emptying" the swamp only to refill it.
                    willschnitz

Comment

"emptying" the swamp only to refill it.
                      With no proof of this claim.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Are you guys blind and deaf? He said he wanted to "drain the swamp" Then literally fills it back up with the same Washington Insiders, just flying under a different party.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Yeah, the swamp is still going to be swampy..
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Are you guys blind and deaf? He said he wanted to "drain the swamp" Then literally fills it back up with the same Washington Insiders, just flying under a different party.
                              Trump himself is not an insider, neither it Bannon, neither is Prebius either (who went rogue in supporting Trump).

He removed Christie off the transition team because he was recommending people who were insiders.

Reports of a rough transition and other controversies dog the Trump team, including backlash over Breitbart News' Steve Bannon’s cabinet appointment.

Are you unable to read anything other than Mother Jones?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So you dont think Christie or Juliani will end up in the cabinet?

and is Bannon really someone you want to have that much power? yikes...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X