Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More people should apply this logic to religion.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I am not one to just take it on faith. I question everything, I was raised by scientific method people, and to consider all options before moving forward. Because of this I tend to suffer from analysis paralysis when making big decisions but I dfeigress .

Like mentioned Ice cores, geologic data, and the fossil record are PHYSICAL things that can be studied and provide a nearly direct link to a snap shot of a period of time from which we were not there to witness and document. Even then they only provide very generalized information for periods of time ranging from couple of years to a couple of million years depending on what medium your are looking at. I put far more faith in these samples because of the fact they produce real data, not computer modeled projections and simulations based on the assumptions of those setting up the code for them.
    When this comes up

I pointed out that you settled science types own data sets from Ice Core data show that past climate shifts have taken place in a less than a decade in the past, so saying its happening too fast now and all previous shifts took much longer is directly contradictory to the hardest actual real data in existence, so....... Um yeah.

Like I said trying to claim X+Y=US when the true equation is likely to be much more like trying to prove 3 of the unsolved number theory equations in the same week. Couple that with the power and cash incentives involved with a particular out come, leave a lot of room for skepticism. There is far more at work here that we have little to NO understanding of the interactions and cycles that likely have a longer cycle than we humans have inhabited the planet, to say other wise is foolish and very narrow minded.

Until we understand all facets of the problem at hand, and how they interact and affect each other, makes solving the problem very difficult, and choosing a course of action prematurely may have adverse effects. Like you love to point out correlation does not mean causation, that a little picky and chosey if you ask me how you go about applying that mantra.

TL/DR
    Still way too much about our climate, and what drives it and how everything interacts with each other WE DONT UNDERSTAND or even KNOW yet, thanks to working with about 0.000000000002% of the planets historic climate data being recorded accurately to be calling the science settled. Its like trying to predict whos going to win the supper bowl in 2220 by watching the kicker take 1 step toward the ball to kick off the 1st game in NFL history

Comment

I dont disagree with that statement either
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Trump disavows 'alt-right' supporters
        Donald Trump repudiates the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his victory with Nazi salutes.

"Hey thanks for all the votes. Now fuck off." LOL
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          Trump disavows 'alt-right' supporters
          Donald Trump repudiates the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his victory with Nazi salutes.

"Hey thanks for all the votes. Now fuck off." LOL
          Pretty sure he didn't court them in the first place.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

No matter how the rest of the world looked at us on Nov. 7, they will now look at us differently. What Trump's America mean for our standing in the world.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wow. That is just sad.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Good bye and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out Mr. Moyers.
                His whining could have been about the messiah Barack Obama or about Hillary Clinton's life story.
                what a whiny over-educated ass.
                Perhaps we could all pitch in for a ticket out of the USA.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                  Pretty sure he didn't court them in the first place.
                  yeah, sure. the sweeping generalizations characterizing mexican immigrants as drug dealers and rapists were NOT AT ALL intended to court the white-pride nationalist/protectionist vote.

do you think about the things you type before you hit submit, ever?
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

yeah, sure. the sweeping generalizations characterizing mexican immigrants as drug dealers and rapists were NOT AT ALL intended to court the white-pride nationalist/protectionist vote.

do you think about the things you type before you hit submit, ever?
                    Well, he didn't say that in the first place and 95% of people who voted for him aren't white nationalists. It's not racist to want to know who the hell is crossing the border.

Do you have critical thinking skills? It's a rhetorical question.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Well, he didn't say that in the first place
                      you opened with a falsehood, so ignoring the rest of what you said as also likely to be a lie.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

you opened with a falsehood, so ignoring the rest of what you said as also likely to be a lie.
                        Here you go. For a certified commie, this source should be good enough.

Just stop breathing and save a tree.

EDIT: You are the reason why not escaping your shithole city of San Fran every once in a while is rotting your brain. Its the same reason why DC needs to have the Supreme Court sent to South Dakota, the House sent to Mobile, AL, the Senate sent to Boulder, CO, and the White House can stay exactly where it is. Group think is a horrible, horrible thing.
                        Last edited by marshallnoise; 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Here you go. For a certified commie, this source should be good enough.

Just stop breathing and save a tree.
                          i knew the actual quote before you provided the salon link, and i stand by the statement that it was racist, and intended to get the white-pride types out to vote. you have outright failed to refute this.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

being an army veteran and getting called a "certified commie" by a fucking civilian is hilarious. you're why Heinlein had the right idea.

i knew the actual quote before you provided the salon link, and i stand by the statement that it was racist, and intended to get the white-pride types out to vote. you have outright failed to refute this.
                            You may be a vet, but so was John Fucking Kerry. So that doesn't mean shit. Thanks for your service, but you are still a dumb ass.

Knowing the truth and then turning a blind eye to it speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

You may be a vet, but so was John Fucking Kerry. So that doesn't mean shit. Thanks for your service, but you are still a dumb ass.

Knowing the truth and then turning a blind eye to it speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of.
                              oh, is that why all of your arguments are ad hominem? because *i* lack character. got it.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

oh, is that why all of your arguments are ad hominem? because *i* lack character. got it.
                                Denying the most obvious of truth by definition shows a lack of character. Ad hominem is just for amusement.

When you want to deal with reality, then those attacks can cease. Until then, you are a parody of yourself. Ad hominem that.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X