This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
    cool just making sure the logic of that works.

decay, like i said before Sleeve is too monetarily involved in the oil/gas industry to be able to have a neutral opinion on the matter.

good luck to you all out there and i hope you can bring some change to the fight for the better.
    I can still tell when people are being unreasonable idiots, I still believe in property rights, and personal responsibility. If they wanted a say in where when and how this thing was going to be built the time was 2 years ago while in the planning stages, when its brought to the couminites attention that the project purposed. There are public comment periods and so on. NOT AFTER permits are granted and construction is nearing completion.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      I can still tell when people are being unreasonable idiots, I still believe in property rights, and personal responsibility. If they wanted a say in where when and how this thing was going to be built the time was 2 years ago while in the planning stages, when its brought to the couminites attention that the project purposed. There are public comment periods and so on. NOT AFTER permits are granted and construction is nearing completion.
      it's not necessarily accurate to assume that people outside the industry have the same set of information you do.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        decay, like i said before Sleeve is too monetarily involved in the oil/gas industry to be able to have a neutral opinion on the matter.
        i know that. my opinion isn't neutral either- i got sent to war for oil. i lost the neutral option when i got my mobilization orders. he and i have been talking here/on e3t for something like 10 years now. we are definitely on opposite ends of the sociopolitical spectrum, but that's because we're both a product of our own birthplaces and the opportunities presented to us- which is not his fault any more than it is mine. i'd still get drunk with him.

good luck to you all out there and i hope you can bring some change to the fight for the better.
        hoping for the best, planning for the worst. my buddy and i are a two-man squad, rallying equipment, and pretty much, the expectation movement-wide is that we're going to attempt to bring some organization to the effort in a military fashion, and absorb some of the violence (rubber bullets, water cannons) currently being handed out.

i'm surprised none of you basement-dwelling preppers have torn apart my load-out yet :P
        Last edited by decay; 11-25-2016, 05:30 AM. Reason: blah, felt like it
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

^

You know dam well I have a great deal of respect for you, I know we have our go arounds, but 1st round of drinks is on me. One other little thing while your up there try and talk to some of the hands building the thing, not just the encampment of idiot's.

Again I respect your willingness to take the action a great deal I just urge you to keep an open mind, and try to see it as it is. Oh and there is nothing easy about a 5k foot plus long directional drill, there could be other geological factors that are dictating why the crossing point needs to be where it is.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

One other little thing while your up there try and talk to some of the hands building the thing, not just the encampment of idiot's.
            that's kinda why i was hoping you might be out there. i'll cross the wire and talk through a solution that everyone can handle if it's possible- that would be the best outcome.

as an engineer, i understand that it's not as easy/simple as "oh just build it over there instead".

i get that it's really goddamned inconvenient to have a requirement change like this come through at the last minute- i have software developers do that to me usually about once a week.

but as engineers, this is our job. solve hard problems, the right way.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

I am sure you saw this, but a heads up to avoid arrest. Might want to stick to the "free speech zone" on the south side of the river.....

Dakota Access Pipeline protesters vowed to remain in their camp after the Army Corps of Engineers told them to leave the federal land by Dec. 5.

William Pitt-

Comment

I am sure you saw this, but a heads up to avoid arrest. Might want to stick to the "free speech zone" on the south side of the river.....

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dak...n-camp-n688476
                yup, caught this news last night, and that is the plan- will make that our op base and see where my buddy and i can help from there.

we're mostly handled on riot gear (that was some fucking fun amazon shopping/personal network reach-out) but could still use a couple of cold-weather/operational items.

should any of the weirdos who frequent r3v p&r choose to donate- amazon wish list is here. a lot of the stuff that's left is for setting our car up as a coffee point; that's what the jerry cans, inverter, and coffee maker and beans are for. if you can't keep people happy, at least keep them awake and warm.

this shit's fucked up- this tribe of native americans have had their treaties violated for more than a century- and a lot of veterans, including myself, the army master sergeant from my unit who was in vietnam, and desert storm, and stayed in the rear with the gear during my deploy, *and* an elected representative who also happens to be a veteran, are involved.

so- we'll see how this goes. my squad are definitely not the only troops showing up.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

So decay, just exactly why are you doing this?
                  What I don't get is we are supposed to be a country of laws, no?
                  It looks to me that the law was followed here on placing the pipeline where it goes.
                  There were no secret meetings etc., EPA rules were followed (a hostile EPA btw)
                  So what are you protesting?
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ok you see the link that follows my statement "this shit's fucked up"? that's why. it's a really good explainer article; please take a few minutes and read.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

So this is weird.

-I work in the oil and gas industry
                      -My ancestors are Souix (grandmother is 1/4, her maiden name is Fox, lol)
                      -I own stock in ETP's subsidiary, SLX, made a killing in the last 6 months.

:|
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        So this is weird.

Looks like an opportunity for deep counseling and suicide prevention.

Conflicted much?
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Whatever dude. I feel sorry for how self centered and important you are, honestly.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            So this is weird.

how come we have 2 people working in the petro industry and neither of them are going to be there? :P
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

With as small a niche as us pipeliners are as a group across the all the trades ( there are on a couple thousand guys that do what I do), and such a small car forum, suprised there us any one directly involved with pipeline construction at all on here.

Yeah I own some energy transfer and sunoco, should be a good thing for me, I will have a bunch of sunoco by 1st quarter next year

William Pitt-

Comment

yeah, i was mostly kidding. but it would have been a crazy(/nice) thing to have two r3vers cross the wire and meet out there.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X