X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler references? Great........

Edit:

This is why you should vote for CHUMP

Donald J. Trump appeared to pick up an endorsement from Vladimir V. Putin, the Russian president who called the bombastic Republican candidate “a very bright and talented man and the absolute leader of the presidential race.”

PUTIN killed my president, has plans to invade the rest of Eastern Europe but if he's praising Trump, then Trump must be doing something right. Let's remember that the US has as least helped ISIS grow as a proxy army to allow us to take advantage of that constant quagmire. Russia ain't about that shit. Why am I rooting for Russia while living in the US? Because that's how fucked we are... and Trump might be the only idiot to do something about it.
    Last edited by Dozyproductions; 12-17-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I don't really get the idolation from the right for Putin. He's basically a dictator, and while I think we should be working with him to fight ISIS I don't think he's exactly a role model that we should follow here.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Yeah, I don't really get the idolation from the right for Putin. He's basically a dictator, and while I think we should be working with him to fight ISIS I don't think he's exactly a role model that we should follow here.
        because both want a big cold war military build up again. thats when putin felt like russia was at its greatest so he is attempting to return to that. Alot of the older republicans what that too, it was a big scary red monster that we needed to always prepare for and buy lots and lots of bombs and guns for.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
          because both want a big cold war military build up again. thats when putin felt like russia was at its greatest so he is attempting to return to that. Alot of the older republicans what that too, it was a big scary red monster that we needed to always prepare for and buy lots and lots of bombs and guns for.
          I think the other thing is influencing peoples' psyche is that having a legitimate enemy that is identifiable by geography makes it easier to rationalize as opposed to terrorist cells like ISIS.

I am not saying it is the correct logic, but I know some people buy into that.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            I think the other thing is influencing peoples' psyche is that having a legitimate enemy that is identifiable by geography makes it easier to rationalize as opposed to terrorist cells like ISIS.

I am not saying it is the correct logic, but I know some people buy into that.
            Exactly.... terrorists are scary boogymen that we really dont know where they are.

my personal feeling is that china is going to have a bigger say in this cold war build up then they did last time. and i think alot of people are forgetting about them.

Comment

Exactly.... terrorists are scary boogymen that we really dont know where they are.

my personal feeling is that china is going to have a bigger say in this cold war build up then they did last time. and i think alot of people are forgetting about them.
              I don't think that people are forgetting about China, but China is hooked on the economy. When their economy takes a REAL shit, then we should start worrying about what they do militarily. Though, them building islands all over the place is worrying.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                Some.

Here's where you go off the deep end, as many do...and lose all credibility. Likening someone to Hitler is incredibly easy to do, but rarely is it done truthfully. Trump has decided to refuse immigration based on religious affiliation, he hasn't rounded up all the kids with down syndrome and put them into a furnace. No, they are not almost the same person, not by a long shot.
                Sure you can take it that way, But I'm mainly pointing out how he is extremely nationalistic, like Hitler was, and talks about doing a lot of good things. But also, even though trump doesn't hide it like Hitler did, shows pretty obvious racism/religious bigotism and makes statements about rounding everyone up of a certain religion and expelling them from the country.

You can say I lose all credibility, but I'm not the one defending a moron.

Edit: I really shouldn't call him a moron, he knows how to play the media like no other. And tears the Republican party apart with ease.
                Last edited by Wschnitz; 12-17-2015, 12:31 PM.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

I don't think china has fuck all to say if there was another cold war buildup. They have plenty of their own problems to deal with.

I think lots of people mistake china's big economy state as a big military state. They have the capabilities, but their military is far behind compared to other countries. They are still not a country to be trifled with, but they would have to increase their development to face western tech as it stands.

In reality China will side with whoever they need to survive, which will be the US 100 times before Russia.

Thats just my opinion, but I think people boogieman China more then reasonable.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Sure you can take it that way, But I'm mainly pointing out how he is extremely nationalistic, like Hitler was, and talks about doing a lot of good things. But also, even though trump doesn't hide it like Hitler did, shows pretty obvious racism/religious bigotism and makes statements about rounding everyone up of a certain religion and expelling them from the country.

Hitler was a propaganda machine. How do you get history so wrong on this stuff?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Hitler was a propaganda machine. How do you get history so wrong on this stuff?
                      How is it wrong to draw similarities that way then? Trump plays the media into a propaganda machine to draw support.

Dont know where my history is wrong, but I get all my WW2 history from "The Man in the High Castle" So I could be wrong.
                      willschnitz

Comment

How is it wrong to draw similarities that way then? Trump plays the media into a propaganda machine to draw support.

Dont know where my history is wrong, but I get all my WW2 history from "The Man in the High Castle" So I could be wrong.
                        Well because Hitler WAS the state. He gave every bit of information he wanted and stifled all other dissent. He had people killed for political reasons. It was state run media. Not candidate run media.

The comparisons to Hitler are just inflammatory and false. The only thing Trump can be considered having is the cult of personality. That's the only similarity to Hitler.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Well because Hitler WAS the state. He gave every bit of information he wanted and stifled all other dissent. He had people killed for political reasons. It was state run media. Not candidate run media.

The comparisons to Hitler are just inflammatory and false. The only thing Trump can be considered having is the cult of personality. That's the only similarity to Hitler.

Wow so you are comparing Trumps running for president to Hitlers Reign as Fuher instead of Trumps running and Hitlers Running? Thanks for following along.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Edit: I really shouldn't call him a moron, he knows how to play the media like no other. And tears the Republican party apart with ease.
                            My point was, it's fine to draw conclusions in regards to their similarities. Stating that they're essentially the same person is ridiculous, as Hitler will always be known for the guy who murdered 11 million people based on their religion. There is no ignoring this and claiming you just meant their similarities when it comes to propaganda and nationalism.

I have not seen anything related to the statement in bold, care to enlighten? I've seen calls to refuse entry and to round up illegal immigrants (something which is already done), I have seen nothing about rounding up Muslim citizens, nor do I think it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                              My point was, it's fine to draw conclusions in regards to their similarities. Stating that they're essentially the same person is ridiculous, as Hitler will always be known for the guy who murdered 11 million people based on their religion. There is no ignoring this and claiming you just meant their similarities when it comes to propaganda and nationalism.

I have not seen anything related to the statement in bold, care to enlighten? I've seen calls to refuse entry and to round up illegal immigrants (something which is already done), I have seen nothing about rounding up Muslim citizens, nor do I think it happened.
                              I swear I saw a News post quoting him talking about rounding them up and sending them home. It may have pertained to new Muslims immigrants though. I 100% saw him say everyone who is Muslim should register in a special database. And that new ones shouldn't be able to enter/travel.

Rival candidates and party leaders quick to brand the frontrunner as ‘un-American’ amid accusations of ‘fascism’ as some see reckoning on the horizon

I could be entirely wrong that he said that, its finals week and I'm not really reading up like usual.

My comparisons were meant to be related to Trump and Hitlers similarities in their running campaigns, not trumps running and hitlers leadership, of course those are not the same.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Yea, nothing about rounding them up and casting them out. I don't agree with a word he says, but I also don't believe he'd be stupid enough to suggest rounding up American citizens for deportation. He would be gone, and not by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X