This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    We live in a democracy that chose Trump to lead us, the amount of butt hurt going around doesn't seem justifiable to me.
    Very little of the butt hurt that goes around on any subject these days is justifiable.

I don't need to see Clinton in jail... just glad I don't have to see her or hear her anymore. The people have spoken, at least enough people to have Trump win the presidency, and that is why I won't bitch that he is our next president.

I'll give him his 4 years to see what the landscape looks like then. If it's not in a positive direction... then I'll bitch by not voting for his second term.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

The fact you think we live in a democracy says a lot. That said I aggree with your above statement
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Wrong. By 2030 Chelsea will be in the Senate. By 2042 she will have run. Once she spearheads the clean up and restructure/organization of the CGI/CF/etc. she will be seen as the Clinton who absolved her parents of their sins so to speak and will be free to carry the mantle.
        I guess I was looking a little more at long game predictions. I'm thinking she will do a term or two in Congress, then landslide into Senate or Governor of NY, then that presidential run. I knew that they wouldn't let their brand die off, they already have two generations lined up, and these up and coming ones will have a whole lot of finance behind them, much more than Bill, Hillary or Obama had to work with in their respective times.

Chelsea could run for the seat in NYC’s 17th Congressional District once Nita Lowey decides to retire.

Comment

I don't believe we live in a democracy.

Most of the anti-trump crowd does though, so, if you believe that we do live in a democracy and you voted, in my opinion you have no right to bitch.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

We never lived in a democracy. We are a republic.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              We never lived in a democracy. We are a republic.
              That's right, my fault on using the wrong term. We live in a republic. I meant to say "our representative democracy chose Trump to lead us"

What I was trying to say, but obviously failed at, is Trump was legitimately elected by the people we chose to represent us, so get over it. This is what the people wanted.
              Last edited by MrBurgundy; 11-11-2016, 04:01 PM.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

yes and whining about the electoral college needing to be abandoned..... this election is the perfect example of why its very important... In our Constitutional republic
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

This

We chose a rep.

Worse case there is always a faithless elector on December 9th.

Comment

As somebody that's not from America, I could not be more relieved with Trump. Maybe he won't be the best for the internal issues within the USA(however, if you read the party policies, it seems like they've got a decent idea), however, I'd rather America burned alone than the entire world due to Hillary Clinton's desire to start WW3.

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                      You realize burning your own city down isn't revolutionary...it's just self destructive. Amazing to me that all these people who were worried about the violent right wing boogie men are now engaging in ignorant protest. Like the call to "impeach Trump." I heard one enlightened millennial talk about "suing the United States." Uh huh. Then there's the petition to have the electoral college go rogue. If that happens, there will be war. Living in an echo chamber among like minded folks without engaging productively with those who think differently is damaging. Getting into useless internet fights....oh. shit.
                      I think you skipped over the sentence where I specifically said I did not advocate such action.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

That's right, my fault on using the wrong term. We live in a republic. I meant to say "our representative democracy chose Trump to lead us"

What I was trying to say, but obviously failed at, is Trump was legitimately elected by the people we chose to represent us, so get over it. This is what the people wanted.
                        I don't disagree. But that doesnt mean I have to or ever will respect Trump.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          I don't disagree. But that doesnt mean I have to or ever will respect Trump.

Of course. I don't have much respect for him either.

I'm a Syrian American and I come from a Muslim home, so it does suck to see, hear and read about some of the sentiment of his supporters and certain things he has said himself, but at the end of the day all I can do it hope for the best. Even though I'm not a fan of him, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed as our president. This is my home, so instead of wasting my time being butthurt about our elected president, I'd like to just hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a Syrian American and I come from a Muslim home, so it does suck to see, hear and read about some of the sentiment of his supporters and certain things he has said himself, but at the end of the day all I can do it hope for the best. Even though I'm not a fan of him, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed as our president. This is my home, so instead of wasting my time being butthurt about our elected president, I'd like to just hope for the best.
                            This is playing devil's advocate a bit... but I wonder how all of the Trump supporters would feel if citizens of middle eastern descent open carried in public as protection against the harassment that has been starting to trickle into every day life for them. Just a thought.

And don't mind Sleeve on "democracy." He likes to play superior with the semantics of a democracy vs. a republic vs. a democratic republic. He gave me, almost verbatim, the exact line he gave you.

Sleeve, we understand your point. You are right in the nomenclature, but we are just using the commonly accepted vernacular to further the conversation. If you want to correct someone, by all means, have at it. Clarification is always welcome... but please learn to do so in a less condescending method. I enjoy reading your opinions here, even if I don't always agree with them. With the exception of the above sort of comments. :up:
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

I'm a Syrian American and I come from a Muslim home...
                              It should then also shock you what Hillary Clinton did in the Middle East and North Africa. There are a few hundred thousand Syrian refugees wandering the roads of Europe (some being Muslims, some being Christians) who wished Clinton was never secretary of state. Same for Hondurians... We might live in a safer world without Hillary Clinton.

As for the supporters of the Democrats, their current level of intolerance (or stretched sphincters syndrom) is outstanding... ;-)
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                                It should then also shock you what Hillary Clinton did in the Middle East and North Africa. There are a few hundred thousand Syrian refugees wandering the roads of Europe (some being Muslims, some being Christians) who wished Clinton was never secretary of state. Same for Hondurians... We might live in a safer world without Hillary Clinton.

As for the supporters of the Democrats, their current level of intolerance (or stretched sphincters syndrom) is outstanding... ;-)

Couldn't have said it any better.
                                1990 Alpine 325is
                                1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X