Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    I thought of this quote when I first heard of that Norwegian terrorist. The doctors said he was of sound mind and not psychotic or unstable, yet his religious beliefs drove him to do the horrible things he did.
    sigpic

Comment

It's not a quote persay but it brings out an amazing point... which is what a quote would do.

Comment

the messiah just keeps on giving

'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen'

Barrack Hussein Obama
        7/14/12
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          the messiah just keeps on giving

'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen'

Barrack Hussein Obama
          7/14/12
          And you disagree why? He's just speaking the truth.
          sigpic

Comment

So you have not built your business then herbi???
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
              And you disagree why? He's just speaking the truth.
              It's the fact that those who've built up businesses take offence because they hold the opinion that the business is solely their creation, which is true. Obama is merely referring to all the little people who've made it possible, be they employees or customers. When you word something so poorly it's easy to turn it into something negative towards small business owners.

People really need to stop using individual quotes which can easily be taken to be in favor or against their personal position. The desperation in which someone will cling to one single line to benefit their argument when that one line is weak as hell is pathetic.

Comment

more from oue commander in chief
                not only getting the quote competely wrong, but perhaps a freudian slip
                Well, here’s what I know, we were just talking about responsibility and as president of the United States, it’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

and from the same speech, from our pres who has never taken responsibility for anything LOL

Ultimately Mr. Romney, I think, is going to have to answer those questions, because if he aspires to being president one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations, but again that’s probably a question that he’s going to have to answer and I think that’s a legitimate part of the campaign.
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

stop posting shit you don't like or else this entire thread can be full of bushisms. Seriously take your hate somewhere else you guys.

Comment

“Many people want the government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.”

Milton Friedman

Happy Birthday Milt
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Mike Tyson
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. - Thomas Jefferson
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

“In my youth, I, too, entertained some illusions; but I soon recovered from them. The great orators who rule the assemblies by the brilliancy of their eloquence are in general men of the most mediocre political talents: they should not be opposed in their own way; for they have always more noisy words at command than you. Their eloquence should be opposed by a serious and logical argument; their strength lies in vagueness; they should be brought back to the reality of facts; practical arguments destroy them. In the council, there were men possessed of much more eloquence than I was: I always defeated them by this simple argument; two and two makes four.”

-Napoleon
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              “their strength lies in vagueness; they should be brought back to the reality of facts; practical arguments destroy them.”

-Napoleon
                              Wow, I never knew you would come over to the Obama camp. Welcome aboard though.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Have you ever seen a demonstrable example of equality in your entire life? Can it be glimpsed in any dog show or classroom? In any ping pong game or chess match? Of course not. It is a philosophical abstraction, something nowhere to be found in nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X