Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

haha

I have not seen that one form Mencken
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

“Religion is like a penis. It’s fine to have one. It’s fine to be proud of it. But please don’t whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don’t try to shove it down children’s throats.” - someone on the internet.

Comment

"Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!"
        -George Carlin

Comment

Only the castrated man is a good man.

fn
          Last edited by A Sucked Orange; 07-19-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Whether you believe in a creator or science, you still must rely on the unfathomable concept of infinity to explain your existence.
            sigpic
            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
              "These are great seats." -Abraham Lincoln.
              "Stupid fucking hat!" -john wilkes booth
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

i dont remember where i read this or exactly how it went, but it was something along the lines of this...

"morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told, religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right"

anyone up for some age of reason?

"I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.
                I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavouring to make our fellow-creatures happy.
                But, lest it should be supposed that I believe many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.
                I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
                All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
                I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe."

-thomas paine
                sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                  Whether you believe in a creator or science, you still must rely on the unfathomable concept of infinity to explain your existence.
                  complete and utter bullshit, i understand my existence. my dad splooged in my mom, and i was created, whats not to understand about that? its just silly to think that you cant comprehend life, its been going on for billions of years on this planet in many different forums, we just happen to be the least efficient, most disrespectful, and arrogant pieces of shit on this planet. all hail the homo-sapien!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                    complete and utter bullshit, i understand my existence. my dad splooged in my mom, and i was created, whats not to understand about that? its just silly to think that you cant comprehend life, its been going on for billions of years on this planet in many different forums, we just happen to be the least efficient, most disrespectful, and arrogant pieces of shit on this planet. all hail the homo-sapien!
                    The quote goes beyond the surface that your barely scratching with your 'understanding'.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

please disregard my drunk post.

i was a little :drink::drink: last night.
                      Last edited by Kershaw; 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                        The quote goes beyond the surface that your barely scratching with your 'understanding'.
                        i know what the quote means, but you would be a fool to even care about things that aren’t comprehendible, or provable by fact. it doesn’t matter how the universe was created, or how we became the most "intelligent" species on the planet, it happened and its done with. we have more complex, comprehendible, and immediate problems that need to be dealt with that have a much greater impact on our future. it doesn’t matter were you come from, or were your at, its where your going that matters.

“This creature is hardly the design of a vast and superior intelligence - unless, of course, one should believe that the construction of His design is still in progress using a process which we call evolution.” – I forget who said this

“We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive” – Albert Einstein
                        sigpic

Comment

i know what the quote means, but you would be a fool to even care about things that aren’t comprehendible, or provable by fact. it doesn’t matter how the universe was created, or how we became the most "intelligent" species on the planet, it happened and its done with. we have more complex, comprehendible, and immediate problems that need to be dealt with that have a much greater impact on our future. it doesn’t matter were you come from, or were your at, its where your going that matters.
                          [/SIZE]

you live with some severe tunnel vision but you can do what you like.

Comment

"morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told, religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right"
                            Yawn.

That seems to be about the extent of the depth of thought most young people can muster today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                              you live with some severe tunnel vision but you can do what you like.

indeed i do, i live in my own little world that i have created for myself. im not going to argue with you, newbie mistake, i shall refrain from sharing my opinions about this type of stuff...
                              sigpic

Comment

"A lightning rod on top of a steeple shows a lack of confidence"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X