Republicans shut down the FAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republicans shut down the FAA

House republicans are blocking the re-authorization of the FAA's license to operate, insisting that it's continuation be tied to the removal of subsidies to 13 rural airports. So, the GOP is finally ready to crack down on spending, stand up for the American people and help reduce the debt? I think not:

Each week the FAA loses $200 Million in ticket fees. Those fees are retained by the airlines, not passed on to consumers as lower ticket prices.

The total cost of these subsidies? $10 Million per year. As in it would take 20 years to save up enough money to make up what they're loosing in a SINGLE WEEK.

70,000 construction workers at airports have been furloughed with no pay and no work.

4000 FAA employes, including air traffic controllers, security personnel and engineers are being forced to work without pay.

Isn't it nice to know the GOP represents the American people and their concerns over jobs and the debt?

For every situation in America that involves Republicans being assholes you could match it with one of Democrats doing the same. I seriously don't even care anymore, I just go through my day knowing that every politician is going to be a lying sack of shit and I'm never surprised. All I want to know anymore is how things are going to affect my business and do everything I legally can to make sure I pay the least amount possible for these assholes to sit in office.

Fuck politics, acquire currency while you still can.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
      For every situation in America that involves Republicans being assholes you could match it with one of Democrats doing the same. I seriously don't even care anymore, I just go through my day knowing that every politician is going to be a lying sack of shit and I'm never surprised. All I want to know anymore is how things are going to affect my business and do everything I legally can to make sure I pay the least amount possible for these assholes to sit in office.

Fuck politics, acquire currency while you still can.
      This...

and fuck the FAA.

Edit: The "middle class" for Liberals=Union/Government jobs...
      Last edited by joshh; 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        I'm just TROLLING like normal
        Yep
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
          Yep

Missed my point I see. Or are you joining the likes of Z31maniac and throwing around the "everyone is a troll but me" accusation. <not a question...
          Wake me when Corvallis complains about something other than Union and Government "middle class" jobs. Like real middle class jobs.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Missed my point I see. Or are you joining the likes of Z31maniac and throwing around the "everyone is a troll but me" accusation. <not a question...
            Wake me when Corvallis complains about something other than Union and Government "middle class" jobs. Like real middle class jobs.
            My brother and I would be considered middle class like my parents. My parents both work two jobs, my father works for the city and is not over paid. I work for the rail road which is union and I'm considered under paid. My brother is a mechanic and considered under paid. But none of us bitch and moan about having a job or blaming the government for everything. We look at the positives like having a job, having a good morals, and being educated. My education was funded by the government subsidized loans, go ahead blame the government for giving me money to better myself. The government is horrible, they ruin everything!!!!

You come off like a troll because you associate everything you don't agree with as being bad. I'm in a union but we can't pull the shit the uaw can do, but by your definition were ruining middle America, jobs, and killing my company. None of which we are doing, in fact were only protecting our trade.

Guess I'll go on with my city working dad and my union ass and go kill all of americas 270 years of being awesome.
            1985 BMW 325e
            1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
              My brother and I would be considered middle class like my parents. My parents both work two jobs, my father works for the city and is not over paid. I work for the rail road which is union and I'm considered under paid. My brother is a mechanic and considered under paid. But none of us bitch and moan about having a job or blaming the government for everything. We look at the positives like having a job, having a good morals, and being educated. My education was funded by the government subsidized loans, go ahead blame the government for giving me money to better myself. The government is horrible, they ruin everything!!!!

You come off like a troll because you associate everything you don't agree with as being bad. I'm in a union but we can't pull the shit the uaw can do, but by your definition were ruining middle America, jobs, and killing my company. None of which we are doing, in fact were only protecting our trade.

Guess I'll go on with my city working dad and my union ass and go kill all of americas 270 years of being awesome.

So you equate what the Government does good based on how much free shit they give you. Welcome to the failure of the average current young American.
              Yes I know most of you Unions guys do think you're underpaid. Typical bullshit. Some asshole Union (non Government) painter once was bitching to his buddies on a job site I was installing cabinets on. He was bitching that all he got was $19.00 hr. While I had never been paid more than $13.00 hr being a well trained and competent Cabinet maker/installer that had to work his ass off just to keep my job. I can only imagine the other benefits the guy was getting while I quite literally never had insurance till the last cabinet making job I had and I had to pay half my insurance costs. And the insurance wasn't very good at that.

And how about my iron working friend who was once bitching he was only making (at the time) $27.00 hr (or was it $25.00 hr), full coverage insurance, a bonus system and retirement all set up for him (but he does work his ass off). BOO FUCKING HOO. I had to break it to him that I'd never made more than $13.00 hr...to put it into perspective. Which is exactly what many Union folks are missing. I've had more than enough run ins with Union workers and how they think.
              I just love how you fuckers can't even park in the same area as us lowly non-Union folk. Bourgeois Pig assholes is all it amounts to.
              So don't mind me thinking your completely full of shit when you say your underpaid. Even the pee ons in Unions get paid $15.00+ hr generally. But most also have a pretty sweet benefits package.

How exactly are you protecting your trade and what do you mean by that? Protecting it from what and how?

Comment

So you equate what the Government does good based on how much free shit they give you. Welcome to the failure of the average current young American.
                Yes I know most of you Unions guys do think you're underpaid. Typical bullshit. Some asshole Union (non Government) painter once was bitching to his buddies on a job site I was installing cabinets on. He was bitching that all he got was $19.00 hr. While I had never been paid more than $13.00 hr being a well trained and competent Cabinet maker/installer that had to work his ass off just to keep my job. I can only imagine the other benefits the guy was getting while I quite literally never had insurance till the last cabinet making job I had and I had to pay half my insurance costs. And the insurance wasn't very good at that.

And how about my iron working friend who was once bitching he was only making (at the time) $27.00 hr (or was it $25.00 hr), full coverage insurance, a bonus system and retirement all set up for him (but he does work his ass off). BOO FUCKING HOO. I had to break it to him that I'd never made more than $13.00 hr...to put it into perspective. Which is exactly what many Union folks are missing. I've had more than enough run ins with Union workers and how they think.
                I just love how you fuckers can't even park in the same area as us lowly non-Union folk. Bourgeois Pig assholes is all it amounts to.
                So don't mind me thinking your completely full of shit when you say your underpaid. Even the pee ons in Unions get paid $15.00+ hr generally. But most also have a pretty sweet benefits package.

How exactly are you protecting your trade and what do you mean by that? Protecting it from what and how?
                All I got from your tirade was.....Blah blah, I've never been qualified to for a job that pays well for a experience and background and its because the government doesn't want me to make money because its a conspiracy.

I live with non-union folk, there not a fucking group of people who discriminate against people are not union. Were not a cult. In fact I live in a right to work state that bans most unions from forming at yet were hit the worst by the collapse of the economy, most of been unions fault even though they barely exist. You troll on about how you never made this and that because other people were in a union and made more. Then apply your self for those positions. Oh wait then your a hypocrite for joining something that stands up to billion dollar corporations for raping and pillaging the average worker that you claim does same to America. I don't pay in to social security and neither do most unions, why because we know the government fucked that system up, so blame us for something else. Were not tied to the government and your conspiracies like you believe.

My company made 8 billions dollars last year, woohoo awesome for investors, America, and capitalism but yet wants me to wire the signal systems for the trains, construct all the buildings and foundations for it, and be safe around rented utilities for 8 bucks an hour so its investors can have a larger return....... Fuck that, my trade is completely protected so some asshole from mexico doesn't cause a derailment or train crash that kills and injures people for pennies on the dollar so my company makes 10 billion next year.

Unions are good if there is a balance, JUST like REPUBLICANS are good if there is BALANCE.

I have a college degree from a top 10 school in my degree, I have over six years experience working for an employer prior to working for Union Pacific and I work a fortune 200 company; for you to say I don't deserve to make at least 40k a year is absolute asinine because my job is union. This isn't about entitlements this about what is fair and balanced; most Americans agree with that. Go on and tell me I'm in the wrong and you'll continue to be consider a troll by most.

As for the topic of FAA, the Republicans are in the wrong and once again I agree with the "hippie liberals" from Oregon.

What do you want to argue next, religion, agriculture, cars, or vagina because I pretty sure all those things have a balance to them and you want to tell me you know what's best.
                Last edited by e30e; 08-03-2011, 03:07 AM.
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Hey I am a union hand, and what I make is sufficient, I would not even come close to saying I am underpaid, but I sure as hell would not be working for too much less being away from home as much as I am. They make it worth my time to be away and we are paid fairly for what we do, and most non union outfits (other than those in LA TX and OK) pay their level II + hands similar wages +- 5 bucks each way.

as per the original post

Yeah you mean like this one that we spent at least 150m on so John Murtha had a airport close to his house??? That only had 3 daily flights all to DC and less than 30 people flew in or outta that airport every day.

Yeah those evil republicans............ idiot
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

No, really only you and kershaw troll this section. This does provide valuable insight into how you form opinions though.

"z31 said I'm a troll, so he thinks everyone is a troll"

Hardly.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      No, really only you and kershaw troll this section. This does provide valuable insight into how you form opinions though.

"z31 said I'm a troll, so he thinks everyone is a troll"

Hardly.
                      Just a note, playing "troll patrol" makes you no better.
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                        Just a note, playing "troll patrol" makes you no better.
                        Pointing out I'm not better, makes you no better.

:yawn:
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have a lot of douche friends who are in unions, therefor all unions are EVIL, and the gov't is too
                          No need to be long winded ;)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post

Isn't it nice to know the GOP represents the American people and their concerns over jobs and the debt?
                            Not saying the republicans are any better, but you think the democrats are any better?

I have no problem with union workers like e30e that are good law abiding citizens. Most of the union workers I knew while working in Las Vegas were like that, i was friends with most of them. The kind that pissed me off is the small percentage of union workers that would show up to our non-union job sites, threatening to kill us and our families, and then show up at our houses, jacking up our cars. Yeah those union workers piss me off, but there are non union workers that suck as well.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Last I checked the Senate is still powered by the Democrats and this is stalled in the Senate as we speak....

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Working...
                              X