Equality is bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    there are a lot of parallels to the 2 isnt there ???
    Uncanny to say the least.

What if we say that our brains are all wired differently and that translates into different individuals being able to shine in different occupations. So can't we say the inequality just starts with how much one of those occupations pays?

ugh, you sip on oolong tea and you start wanting to say shit for the sake of saying it.

Comment

the fundamental difference between these to threads, is the fact that we are equal in the sense that we have the opportunity to do what ever we want or can do with the talents and circumstances we have. Its equal in the the sense all have a fair chance to go forth and be happy a fundamental right of everyone, but we are not entitled to equal results

This thread is about Govt being the great "equalizer" and making the results of your life's choices equal to that of everyone else around you though regulation and legislation by limiting your choices as much as possible . Thats the difference of the 2

I guess what I am trying to say we are equal in our rights to chose our destiny and life's path , after that all bets are off.
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-08-2011, 11:43 AM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I'm not even going to begin on the health care debate with you but I will say this. When the wealthiest nation on the globe has millions who cannot even afford health care through privatization because your entire system is based around profits and not bettering your people, something is seriously SERIOUSLY fucked.

As for equality becoming communism, quit jumping to conclusions to see the end product which you want to use as ammo against equality. You have this horrible vision of communism because of how it has been used in the past, by totalitarian states who stood on the backs of their citizens to achieve a political goal. America should never, and will never give up capitalism. They shouldn't however be allow small groups of individuals to amass ridiculous amounts of wealth by holding citizens a gunpoint for their basic needs.
        Last edited by cale; 10-08-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

That result you can easily see being derived from 'bad regulation'. What is or can there be good regulation for the United States? That's for the experts to decide, not bumbling idiots who have lunch with the pharmaceuticals.

Comment

^

Every one has an agenda, and who appoints the experts look at the Global Warming thing!!!!!!

Originally posted by cale View Post
            I'm not even going to begin on the health care debate with you but I will say this. When the wealthiest nation on the globe has millions who cannot even afford health care through privatization because your entire system is based around profits and not bettering your people, something is seriously SERIOUSLY fucked.

As for equality becoming communism, quit jumping to conclusions to see the end product which you want to use as ammo against equality. You have this horrible vision of communism because of how it has been used in the past, by totalitarian states who stood on the backs of their citizens to achieve a political goal. America should never, and will never give up capitalism. They shouldn't however be allow small groups of individuals to amass ridiculous amounts of wealth by holding citizens a gunpoint for their basic needs.

Heath care is NOT A RIGHT, its a fucking privilege, there are plenty of systems in place to for those who cant pay to get care with out the need for more govt. You see many of those that "cant afford" Heath care, also all the other trimmings of a modern life. they chose to spend their money on Cell phones, X boxes, 5 dollar coffee drinks, new cars, the latest pair of Nike air whosits, ect..... Money that could have paid for a HC plan that would have covered them. You have no idea what I pay in HC permimums, I have done the responsible thing and paid them no matter what, foregoing food in some months years back to make those payments.

Profit = Motivation and innovation, why do you think the lions share of medical tech, treatment, and advancement comes from the USA. Our system pays for that, and with out it we would still be using blood letting and leaches as primary from's of treatment. Like it or not your level of care is the way it is thanks to the USA paying for the R&D. Its always easy to replicate something that has been figured out by someone else s hard work!!!!!!!

No doubt our system is fucked up a little bit thanks to the govt letting the industry write its own legislation to regulate it, there by picking who wins and who loses, that is not the job of govt.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-08-2011, 12:48 PM.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Profit = Motivation and innovation
              For the most part, yes. But you're naive if you don't also realize that it's motivation to lie, cheat, and steal. This is where that damned oppressive regulation comes into play. There's no market for protecting consumers, investors, and the safety of the general public.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                For the most part, yes. But you're naive if you don't also realize that it's motivation to lie, cheat, and steal. This is where that damned oppressive regulation comes into play. There's no market for protecting consumers, investors, and the safety of the general public.
                No not Naive at all, well aware of those things, but you have to take the good with the bad to move on and advance things in some cases. just like life you have to take the good with the bad and no system is perfect

Really no one is out there protecting the consumer ????? The why in the fuck are Malpractice insurance premiums so high???? It couldnt be the lawyers out there waiting to pounce could it. Same reason docs over test and over prescribe, or wont do something to out of the realm of the ordinary, for fear of getting sued by all those lawyers out there looking to protect the consumer !!

William Pitt-

Comment

No not Naive at all, well aware of those things, but you have to take the good with the bad to move on and advance things in some cases. just like life you have to take the good with the bad and no system is perfect

Really no one is out there protecting the consumer ????? The why in the fuck are Malpractice insurance premiums so high???? It couldnt be the lawyers out there waiting to pounce could it. Same reason docs over test and over prescribe, or wont do something to out of the realm of the ordinary, for fear of getting sued by all those lawyers out there looking to protect the consumer !!
                  What about car safety standards? Airline safety standards? You can't logically argue that all govt regulations are unneeded.

Yes, medical malpractice is a niche market for public protection. There's a lot less defensive medicine being practiced than most people assume there is, also. Regardless of this, physicians, even the best ones, make mistakes. Statistically, every physician will cause the death of a patient due to preventable error. Unreasonable or absent tort caps are a large contributor to the high premiums.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    What about car safety standards? Airline safety standards? You can't logically argue that all govt regulations are unneeded.
                    Well as you know flying, and driving are dangerous activity in them selves. I think there is a cretin amount of inherent risk involved with them. I am not arguing for total and 100% deregulation of everything, I advocate for LESS and common sense regulation that does not favor one company over another, and would allow for new business to be started readily. I think that is reasonable is it not???

Originally posted by KenC
                    Yes, medical malpractice is a niche market for public protection. There's a lot less defensive medicine being practiced than most people assume there is, also. Regardless of this, physicians, even the best ones, make mistakes. Statistically, every physician will cause the death of a patient due to preventable error. Unreasonable or absent tort caps are a large contributor to the high premiums.
                    I totally agree with this, and this is just part of the system and I think Docs should be better protected against such things, as everyone makes mistakes at some point in time or anther. I am all for Tort reform, but we know that will not happen as that would put a lot of lawyers (er legislators ) out of work making lucrative bucks.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Equality to a Liberal= Helping people based on race. Which in turn creates inequality to those races (whites) they choose not to help as much so it's then "equal" for everyone else.
                      apparently in Joshh's mind "liberal" and "black asshole" have become synonymous.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        apparently in Joshh's mind "liberal" and "black asshole" have become synonymous.

Where do I refer to blacks that way? You guys are so cute....all you really forgot to place yourself among the standard ignorant Progressive spewing the standard rhetoric was to accuse me of being a racist...LMFAO. You can do it!
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Hey, I resent that. I am a standard progressive rhetoric spewer and I don't care about what race anyone is or want them to be treated any differently because of it. I also don't think you were trying to be racist. And I also don't think everyone should have equal incomes.

I love the concept of trickle-down economics. It's the "our money has actually been trickling up toward the wealthy and widening the gap" part we've been experiencing for the past 30 years that bugs me, and I think many of my fellow progressive rhetoric spewers agree.
                          Last edited by Morrison; 10-26-2011, 09:31 AM.
                          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                            Hey, I resent that. I am a standard progressive rhetoric spewer and I don't care about what race anyone is or want them to be treated any differently because of it. I also don't think you were trying to be racist. And I also don't think everyone should have equal incomes.

I love the concept of trickle-down economics. It's the "our money has actually been trickling up toward the wealthy and widening the gap" part we've been experiencing for the past 30 years that bugs me, and I think many of my fellow progressive rhetoric spewers agree.

You're the standard progressive...not the one that throws around the race card. Although Wig didn't either, he might as well have based on his comment.

It's not our money that has been trickling up (unless you're referring to tax payer money being lent to corporations). It's our jobs that have been trickling out. As to how I see it.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Eh, i found your stereotype annoying. Like if I started calling you a bible thumper because you're obviously conservative.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                Eh, i found your stereotype annoying. Like if I started calling you a bible thumper because you're obviously conservative.

Maybe you should read it again...it's not a stereo type. I was pretty specific.

Comment

Working...
                                X