No announcement yet.

Election 2012: More of the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We agree on the spending. But we do not agree that taking money from those that are doing better and giving to those who are not. If I'm understanding you right.
    But this system is also out of proportion but not in the way that the rich and the poor BS I keep hearing about. We will always have the utter poor and the uber rich.
    Government has partially created this separation. The separation as I see it is the middle class. Not because we don't get "more" money from the rich. But because Government is in large part responsible for the lack of middle class jobs (the real problem). Just in the fact they kiss ass the larger corporations (I.E. lobbying). Both parties are responsible for sending thousands of potential American jobs over seas. Let alone the legislation over the years. And our Government investing (loans specifically) in things they have no right investing in (green "jobs"). Essentially more lobbying money but from the tax payer going to these companies.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I like this quote from the article:
      "And the moment Americans take a step back from the ideology of today’s conservatives (I say ‘today’s’ because previous generations of conservatives in this country would never have signed on to what today’s GOP is selling) is the moment they will see that the facts and numbers reveal the GOP pitch as a lie designed to protect their benefactors and keep the cash rolling in their direction."
      So true.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
        I like this quote from the article:
        "And the moment Americans take a step back from the ideology of today’s conservatives (I say ‘today’s’ because previous generations of conservatives in this country would never have signed on to what today’s GOP is selling) is the moment they will see that the facts and numbers reveal the GOP pitch as a lie designed to protect their benefactors and keep the cash rolling in their direction."
        So true.

Is that any different from Democrats? No....
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Wait what? You went from the first few post complaining about the BS you have got during election time and the rest are now talking about who and why the econimy is shit house lol. talk about off topic.

Anyways not that I know much about the USA election but did see a small artical on the news about Herman Cain. Now that is my kind of president telling people like it is. If your life is shit there is only one person to blame and that is you. Wish he was running for primeminister here I would vote for him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            Anyways not that I know much about the USA election but did see a small artical on the news about Herman Cain. Now that is my kind of president telling people like it is. If your life is shit there is only one person to blame and that is you. Wish he was running for primeminister here I would vote for him.
            Cain is an idiot. He makes Bush look like a genius. Although is simple ideas appeal to the simple minded, there is no such thing as a "self-made man". We all need other people to get where we are. If your life is shit it may be you to blame but it also may be the society you live in that is to blame.
            sigpic

Comment

Cain is an idiot. He makes Bush look like a genius. Although is simple ideas appeal to the simple minded, there is no such thing as a "self-made man". We all need other people to get where we are. If your life is shit it may be you to blame but it also may be the society you live in that is to blame.

You've just proven you're simple minded. No one is going to make you rich. No one is going to hand you a successful company. No one is going to give you a hand up more than yourself. He's talking about personal responsibility since you missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                You've just proven you're simple minded. No one is going to make you rich. No one is going to hand you a successful company. No one is going to give you a hand up more than yourself. He's talking about personal responsibility since you missed it.
                Uh ok Joshh. The"personal responsibility" line was used by Cain as a response to the OWS movement. What I think you and Cain seem to miss, is that the huge wealth gap that they are protesting has little to do with personal responsibility, but rather multiple problems with our corporations and government. It's kind of ridiculous (and mathematically impossible) to suggest that all individuals can work there way up to the "1%" by personal responsibility alone.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  If Ron Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination then I am not voting
                  I'm sure Obama appreciates your vote

Comment

Uh ok Joshh. The"personal responsibility" line was used by Cain as a response to the OWS movement. What I think you and Cain seem to miss, is that the huge wealth gap that they are protesting has little to do with personal responsibility, but rather multiple problems with our corporations and government. It's kind of ridiculous (and mathematically impossible) to suggest that all individuals can work there way up to the "1%" by personal responsibility alone.

And you can't possibly get there if you don't try. And just because you tried doesn't mean you're going to succeed. Working at Burger King isn't trying when your 25 years old.
                    That is life, get used to it because that is how it will always be...thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                      I'm sure Obama appreciates your vote
                      So I should give my support to some asshole like Perry or Cain just because hes not Obama?

Comment

see, this is the misconception. the top 1% are most certainly not a static group, the members change all the time. your political persuasion somehow believes success is evidence you somehow gamed the system and is to be demonized.

this is utter bullshit, and your pres knows it as he scrapes his belly in the gutter of class warfare politics.

cain is a black conservative, therefore he's a simpleton. gee, sounds racist to me.
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

needs a "You Gonna Get Raped", LOL!!

but seriously, fuck this smear campaign bullshit!

Comment

while ive felt for a long time that we would end up with the same shitty officials regardless whether its a dem or rep, for once i see a candidate that i truly feel would do good for our country and get us in the direction we need to be. maybe its just the fact hes ballsy enough to publicly say we need to end the fed that he gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                            X