Cadillac Converj/ELR....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadillac Converj/ELR....

Find the latest Cadillac Converj news from WIRED. See related science and technology articles, photos, slideshows and videos.

Cadillac is coming out with the ELR. It will be a Cadillac with the Chevy Volt power train. Cost $50k-57k.

I read one report that it could cost more but can't verify that as of yet.

Badging, GM hasn't learned yet.

Don't know how I missed this.

It looks better than the Volt by far.

Do you think Cadillac drivers will be interested?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

My eyes hurt now. (insert generic sharp edge body line comment)
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I love the design. This should get the attention of the 40 somethings that they have failed to interest thus far.
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I was going to say fail, but that styling will sell.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Looks sweet. I'll wait for the i3 though.
          sigpic

Comment

i like the styling. i saw it at the geneva car show earlier this year and its cool in person.
            if its a caddy volt its a loser tho. the volt has no range in electric only mode.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The volt has about 30 miles of range on electric only, perfect for around town. If you want to go further, then the gasoline engine allows you to do that. Remember that the car only runs on it's electric motor, the gasoline engine becomes a generator.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

This actually might be a good idea from GM. Even though it's a rebadge. The market will force them to stop making the Volt. Will they sell enough Cadis to keep the line open?
                Being a Cadillac (more expensive from the start) I think people would be more willing to pay out for this car. But then again it's just not all that impressive a car.
                Last edited by joshh; 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

This car is for faux environmentalist middle managers. Coincidentally, there happen to be a lot of those so it just might sell. Would I drive it if someone gave it to me? Absolutely. Would I fork over 60 grand for a slow, short range, wannabe Mercedes? Fuck no.

I think the only way that hybrids and electrics will become mainstream is if you keep them at a low price. People want something cheap that will get them from point A to point B. They don't want to pay for gas and they don't want a 60k price tag.

Comment

Would rather have a 335d. Was following one the other day and did not even know it was a diesel till we pull up to a light and I saw the badge.

BMW should put better logo's on these to encourage people to buy them. Most would not even think it was a diesel, like I.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

They won't have any trouble selling these. Like any new automotive technology, it starts out at the high end and works its way down as the price of components gets cheaper. GM should have released this before the Volt but the whole populist rabble gov bailout BS prevented that so they had build a chevy first. I still think the whole series hybrid thing is a mistake (heavy, expensive, eats up too much space etc). Pure EVs will be cheaper and more popular in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X