No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light bulbs don't ruin the environment, people with bad intentions do. Therefore I get to keep my light bulbs to safely illuminate me and mine.

Comment

yay
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Personally, I enjoy stepping on my own dick, it just reaffirms how large it is.
        or that you have tiny feet ;)

Originally posted by nando View Post
        these are the same people that give a rifle to a 5 year old and are shocked when something bad happens..
        or repeat the fucking idiotic "personal responsibility" meme over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
          So yet again you are trying to say that the recent temperature records of the last 6 weeks, many of those which have hit low temperature records, and from the article just in the united states, prove that global warming is not true?

You are just going to ignore the whole 'global climate change' thing right? You know, the idea that the higher average temperature creates more extreme temperature anomalies both hot and cold ..... right?

An extra 2 degrees warmer could still mean a below freezing winter, but now there is more water in the atmosphere so you get 5ft extra snow.

That same extra water vapor could lead to a cloudy-er summer, or it raining in the deserts.
          i know, i know, global warming is causing extreme cold temps

and it's making the Atlantic ocean less salty too
          Climate changes have melted glaciers and brought more rain, dumping more fresh water into the oceans.

or is it more salty?
          A salinity increase in the ocean's surface waters might aid the stability of important ocean currents threatened by climate change

and it's making the earth spin slower
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

or is it faster?
          Of all the possible ways in which climate change could affect out planet, this is the most bizarre - the days will get shorter

and now no more windmill power

or is the wind too strong?

and now no more fall leaves in the east

but not in England where they have gained color
          The Tree Council this week said global warming caused this season's russet reds to deep golden yellows.

i can tell you with certainty that global warming ismaking my work day shorter............................cause i'm leaving to play golf

LOL
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

oh, and this just in
            if it gets any fucking warmer, we're going to freeze
            and no, you cannot make this stuff up
            At the two-thirds mark for meteorological spring, 2013 was the second coldest spring on record – slightly warmer than 1975. Data is from here : Index of /pub/data/ghcn/daily/hcn/ But 1975 had…
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              and no, you cannot make this stuff up
              congratulations!! That is the 1,000th time you said that on this forum. Ironic that you can and do make this stuff up all the time.

On another note, looks like I'll be getting a 4.5kw PV system on my roof soon, and you will be helping me pay for it. Thanks so much for your support. If I had to pay the full $20k for it, I probably wouldn't get it, but since my fellow Americans are sharing the costs to pollute a little less, only $7k comes out of my pocket. Who says tax credits don't influence purchasing decisions?
              Thanks Obama:up:
              sigpic

Comment

wow herbie, even for you that's quite an attitude.
                rape others so you benefit personally.

just like your hero alfred gorebasm?
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Speaking of things which can't be made up, yet more Al Gore stab's in the dark.

Comment

The only reason we purchased a house was the $8k housing refund.

I pay my taxes, why shouldn't I get use out of the available programs?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

oh please

who's collecting (or will be soon) social security that all of us guys are paying for, that we will never see again? Do you deduct your mortgage interest? extra deductions for being married with children? deductions for replacing old worn out appliances? I'm sure you've never done any of these things, being a financially savvy investor. Oh, nevermind - you only hate government incentives when they don't benefit you (unless we call them tax rebates, then it's OK?).

For that matter, Washington state has an excellent program for getting PV panels installed, they're even made right here in the USA (there's apparently a factory right in Bellingham, who knew right?). PSE will pay you extra for the power you produce because of others who check that box for "Green my energy for $X per month", not because the government writes you a check. The PV company will come to your house and tell you exactly what the payback time will be and how much power you will generate, for free. Unsurprisingly for those who actually do some research, the payback period is not very long - about 5 years, even in WA. the panels will last 25-30 (theoretically, forever).

But, facts never got in the way of your obscene ignorance..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        oh please

who's collecting (or will be soon) social security that all of us guys are paying for, that we will never see again? Do you deduct your mortgage interest? extra deductions for being married with children? deductions for replacing old worn out appliances? I'm sure you've never done any of these things, being a financially savvy investor. Oh, nevermind - you only hate government incentives when they don't benefit you (unless we call them tax rebates, then it's OK?).
                        Remember, his philosophy always boils down to "the only moral welfare is my middle class welfare."

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                          Remember, his philosophy always boils down to "the only moral welfare is my middle class welfare."

Im amazed at just how much dick you suck in one day!
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This thread needs less science and more personal attacks.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              Im amazed at just how much dick you suck in one day!
                              Keepin it classy, I see.

Comment

I found some neat quotes today and figured I would share one here.

I find this quote meaningful because it illustrates the duality of the situations we have come to expect 'government' to address. The wikipedia of William J. H. Boetcker actually has a better version IMO.

Finding the 'moral middle-ground' on issues is sometimes impossible if the ground itself is not moral. Big example: slavery.

How can we teach people that it is not ok to completely screw over OUR environment so that THEY can make money.

Are WE already paying a price so that coal power can add mercury to our fresh water and prevent us from eating fish? Yes. Will we pay a bigger price if CO2 emissions turn out to cause more extreme weather events? Yes. Even if the second question is a 'undecided' we still know what is the right thing to do based on the first question alone.

Lead pollution is down because of industry regulation. Acid rain is down because of industry regulation. The ozone hole stopped growing. We know asbestos is bad and stopped using it. We stopped using DDT.

If you cant come on my land and pick apples out of my back yard, then how the hell can you pollute the atmosphere so much that I cant eat my own apples?

How the hell can you plant gmo crops next door and let their pollen blow into my field and pollenate my plants with some crazy bee-killing roundup ready lab bullshit, so that I have no seeds to plant with next year?

With just the potential to change the climate so much that my apple trees will wilt and die in a drought, or be blown away by a hurricane, how can we allow THEM to do that to MY LAND.

I don't understand why the tea partiers and libertarians are not all over this. Isn't allowing people the right to do what they want on their land, as long as it isn't screwing over their neighbors land, their whole schtick? If somebody IS doing something that IS screwing up your land..... you should be treading on the golden calf of property right there.

Most everything I hear from the 'conservative' or 'libertarian' or 'tea party' legislation completely goes against these beliefs and holds corporations and money makers ahead of people and their rights as individuals. It is funny because if I read about their philosophy I feel like I identify with some of them, but then when I see them opposing with such ferocity anything that could limit a corporation and doing nothing which would forward protection of 'individual rights'. They are pawns of the corporations under the guise of protecting peoples rights.

Who is putting mercury in my lake?
                                Who is pollinating my crops with genetically modified pollen?
                                Who is bulldozing mountains for coal and building a nuclear waste dump within 50 miles of my home?

The answer is 'we are'. When will we take responsibility for what we are doing to OUR land and OUR homes and OUR people.

Meanwhile Duke Energy (or whoever) is laughing all the way to the bank for 'your right' to buy electricity from coal while I get to watch mountains get leveled in my backyard and cant eat my own fish.

If you don't care about the rights of others you might as well man up and admit it rather than parade around under the banner of the 'free-market'.
                                If only you sheep had the same 'from my cold dead hands' approach when it came to your own backyard property rights we wouldn't be in this situation, but you little pawns sold out. You sold out when you said 'sure it is ok for company x to take the apples from my (or my neighbors) backyard and fish from my lake, as long as they are 'creating job's and turning a profit'.

You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence. And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
                                William J. H. Boetcker had another good quote in his wikipedia article. The ""Seven National Crimes""

I don’t think.
                                I don’t know.
                                I don’t care.
                                I am too busy.
                                I leave well enough alone.
                                I have no time to read and find out.
                                I am not interested.
                                I do care about what we allow industry to put into our air and into our water, and after some research I am extremely concerned at the apathy and outright dismissal some people express publicly on the subject of pollution and private property rights in the name of 'business'.

We really need to stop shitting in each others backyards and pretending that the rain will wash it away.

Comment

Working...
                                X