Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Because we have detailed accurate data for the bulk of the globe since good/decent record keeping of precises weather activity began, about a century and a half ago. While that can show the most recent trends, it does not give a complete picture of whats been happening over several thousand years, or even the last few million years. Its akin predicting whos going to win a 24 hour endurance race by watching 8 laps at 3am with 9 hours to go and documenting everything in detail about those 8 laps, and only have a very basic summary of whats happened in the previous 16 hours...............
    Nailed it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      three tropical storms/hurricanes through the caribbean/gulf of mexico in a row.

houston's underwater, florida's next. the storm after irma is still forming.

are we still skeptical? or did god just feel like hitting the southeast with a street fighter combo move?
      Trump sent them because he's a racist, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        I think
        I'm not convinced.

Because we have detailed accurate data for the bulk of the globe since good/decent record keeping of precises weather activity began, about a century and a half ago. While that can show the most recent trends, it does not give a complete picture of whats been happening over several thousand years, or even the last few million years. Its akin predicting whos going to win a 24 hour endurance race by watching 8 laps at 3am with 9 hours to go and documenting everything in detail about those 8 laps, and only have a very basic summary of whats happened in the previous 15 hours...............
        Natural climate change in the past proves that climate is sensitive to an energy imbalance. If the planet accumulates heat, global temperatures will go up. Currently, CO2 is imposing an energy imbalance due to the enhanced greenhouse effect. Past climate change actually provides evidence for our climate's sensitivity to CO2.

Numerous studies into the effect of urban heat island effect and microsite influences find they have negligible effect on long-term trends, particularly when averaged over large regions.

<p>While there are uncertainties with climate models, they successfully reproduce the past and have made predictions that have been subsequently confirmed by observations.</p>

<p>A natural cycle requires a forcing, and no known forcing exists that fits the fingerprints of observed warming - except anthropogenic greenhouse gases.</p>

<p>Multiple lines of evidence make it very clear that the rise in atmospheric CO2 is due to human emissions.</p>

Examines the science and arguments of global warming skepticism. Common objections like 'global warming is caused by the sun', 'temperature has changed naturally in the past' or 'other planets are warming too' are examined to see what the science really says.

Examines the science and arguments of global warming skepticism. Common objections like 'global warming is caused by the sun', 'temperature has changed naturally in the past' or 'other planets are warming too' are examined to see what the science really says.

Take your pick, read up. The references are all cited, as well as convenient links direct to the vast majority of them.

You're making the same erroneous assumptions as marshall about how you can logic your way out of accepting AGW as a reality. You base your rejection of it off of ignorance, the ignorance that past natural changes over the course of thousands to millions of years cannot be compared to rapid changes over the course of decades to hundreds that correlate with the burning of fossil fuels.

Maybe it's the sun....

<p>In the last 35 years of global warming, the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. Sun and climate have been going in opposite directions.</p>

Comment

it was really hot the other day.
          GLOBAL WARMING.

Comment

Climate Change cannot be confirmed folks, if it relies on computer modeling, then its not observed, its created. If you take the whole temperature history of the earth and throw it into excel, you can clearly see what a nonissue this thing is. The raw data simply does not support climate change being caused by human activity.

You guys live in a fucking 115 year bubble riding on a CPU that is run by a little group of men who have predetermined the outcome.
            so your argument is that data is valid, but modeling based on known physics and climatology is not?

what the fuck do you think they feed the model with?

you're basically saying that since you don't understand any computer program more complicated than the ones on the android in your pocket, they can't be trusted.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

so your argument is that data is valid, but modeling based on known physics and climatology is not?

you're basically saying that since you don't understand any computer program more complicated than the ones on the android in your pocket, they can't be trusted.
              No he is saying he rejects your reality and substitutes his own.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Glad to see this is still going strong...lmfao.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  Glad to see this is still going strong...lmfao.

Still going hotttt!

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                    Still going hotttt!

lol
                    Lol

It's the dry heat.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Because we have detailed accurate data for the bulk of the globe since good/decent record keeping of precises weather activity began, about a century and a half ago. While that can show the most recent trends, it does not give a complete picture of whats been happening over several thousand years, or even the last few million years. Its akin predicting whos going to win a 24 hour endurance race by watching 8 laps at 3am with 9 hours to go and documenting everything in detail about those 8 laps, and only have a very basic summary of whats happened in the previous 15 hours...............
                      lets try a thought exercise

what kind of recorded temperature change, year after year, would it take for you to believe that AGW is real?

this is an open ended question, no right or wrong answer.

Comment

They have been caught manipulating the data dude. NOAA was just the latest guilty party.

They don't even account for solar activity and that shit is wildly out of our control. But if man was capable of pulling the shade over the sun, the "scientists" would for sure skew the data and blame man.

Even with perfect, unmolested data a computer cannot predict what the climate is going to do. It's like roping the wind man. It's a fools errand.

Argue for treating the planet better and being responsible and you will get 95% support.

But forcing tax, regulatory and environmental changes on the whole human race based on the concept that we can change the climate on our own barring any outside factors, nahh, fuck that.

It takes massive amounts of hubris to think we have that much influence over this giant rock sitting in a vast solar system we have barely scratched the surface of.

What is amazing is that while I am asking for reason and agree we should be good to the planet, the religious zealots here demand I accept your god, Climate Change. It's not enough that I don't want to fuck the planet, I don't believe in your savior, the AGW scientists.

Therefore, burn me at the stake. Really, you guys are incredibly dangerous with this theology.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

It takes massive amounts of hubris to think we have that much influence over this giant rock sitting in a vast solar system we have barely scratched the surface of.
                          The flip side to that coin is the naivety it takes to think that the most intelligent and most prolific parasite species in history can not change the world around it. That's like thinking a virus can not kill you because you are X order of magnitudes bigger than the virus.

Back to actual positions. I actually agree with you marshall about not jumping straight to huge change. It has to be gradual. But, the longer the deniers do their thing, the longer that start is delayed.

As for there being no data for the millions of years before recorded history. Isn't that what carbon dating and core samples are for? Serious question. It's always been my understanding we have reliable data to compare the last 115 years to... 9.5 out of 10 scientists seem to think so.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

They don't even account for solar activity and that shit is wildly out of our control. But if man was capable of pulling the shade over the sun, the "scientists" would for sure skew the data and blame man.
                            Post this in jest, you literally go there not but a few posts later.

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Who's they, who are the people not accounting for the sun, and why are you capable of determining that they do/do not account for solar influence? Based on your extensive study of what they do and do not cover? Once again you regurgitate nonsense that is the polar opposite of truth. This is why I said you don't think. You make comments without any merit to them, you're convinced of your opinion and your own ability to reason around sound science because it differs from your preconceptions despite routinely proving you're hands down the most lacking of knowledge on this subject to post in this thread. You don't think, you're like a child screaming for a cookie while his mom is telling him why he can't have one.

Over the past few weeks, several important new papers related to human vs. natural climate change have been published.  These papers add clarity to the causes of climate change, and how much global warming we can expect in the future.

Tell me again how they don't account for the sun?
                            Last edited by cale; 09-07-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Why do you even bother to still engage him or george on this matter?
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

or any matter? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X