Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    They have been caught manipulating the data dude. NOAA was just the latest guilty party.
    [citation needed]

Even with perfect, unmolested data a computer cannot predict what the climate is going to do. It's like roping the wind man. It's a fools errand.
    to reiterate- just because *you* don't understand it doesn't mean nobody can.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Post this in jest, you literally go there not but a few posts later.

Who's they, who are the people not accounting for the sun, and why are you capable of determining that they do/do not account for solar influence? Based on your extensive study of what they do and do not cover? Once again you regurgitate nonsense that is the polar opposite of truth. This is why I said you don't think. You make comments without any merit to them, you're convinced of your opinion and your own ability to reason around sound science because it differs from your preconceptions despite routinely proving you're hands down the most lacking of knowledge on this subject to post in this thread. You don't think, you're like a child screaming for a cookie while his mom is telling him why he can't have one.

Over the past few weeks, several important new papers related to human vs. natural climate change have been published.  These papers add clarity to the causes of climate change, and how much global warming we can expect in the future.

Tell me again how they don't account for the sun?
      Predictions on predictions on top of more predictions. Useless info.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        [citation needed]
        Over the past two centuries, the times of day, locations and methods of measuring temperature have all changed dramatically.

They even go back to 1880. Its pretty clear that none of you took a statistics course in your life. The more you fuck with data, regardless of reasoning, the less accurate result you get.

to reiterate- just because *you* don't understand it doesn't mean nobody can.
        Ok, Don Quixote. Sure there is a dragon there. I won't ever understand why you call it a dragon when its plainly a windmill.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

https://www.carbonbrief.org/explaine...rature-records

They even go back to 1880. Its pretty clear that none of you took a statistics course in your life. The more you fuck with data, regardless of reasoning, the less accurate result you get.
          uh, "data analyst" has been one of my job titles recently. as in, "we have a data set, write a sql query that answers these questions".

there is near-parity in the graph since 1950. per the article you linked, that would be because around that time, we figured out a better technique for measuring the data we record. i'm not seeing a problem with this; it is part of the scientific process. kind of like how the hubble can see a little further than galileo's telescope did.

Ok, Don Quixote. Sure there is a dragon there. I won't ever understand why you call it a dragon when its plainly a windmill.
          ...aren't you kind of the one tilting at windmills here, attempting to demonize computers and scientific models?

meanwhile we're in the middle of a string of 4 hurricanes/tropical storms coming into north america out of the atlantic. it's not an exaggeration to say that this is an unprecedented event.

but fuck the islands, and texas, and florida, right? let's worry about how corporations are going to have their bottom line impacted by forcing them to act responsibly. *eyeroll*
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            uh, "data analyst" has been one of my job titles recently. as in, "we have a data set, write a sql query that answers these questions".

there is near-parity in the graph since 1950. per the article you linked, that would be because around that time, we figured out a better technique for measuring the data we record. i'm not seeing a problem with this; it is part of the scientific process. kind of like how the hubble can see a little further than galileo's telescope did.
            Nahhh brew. Data collected in a different manner is not the same data as previously collected. Either way, data to explain global warming or climate change from 150 years compared to all of time is too small of a sample set.

You know this, Mr. Data Analyzer.

...aren't you kind of the one tilting at windmills here, attempting to demonize computers and scientific models?
            Nahh bruh, again. I love computers and I love science. I just know that they don't know how to use the two to predict the future. If so, who is winning the World Series in 2020?

meanwhile we're in the middle of a string of 4 hurricanes/tropical storms coming into north america out of the atlantic. it's not an exaggeration to say that this is an unprecedented event.

but fuck the islands, and texas, and florida, right? let's worry about how corporations are going to have their bottom line impacted by forcing them to act responsibly. *eyeroll*
            Anecdotal explanations for AGW or CC do not bolster your argument.

Since you love data so much and trust NOAA. http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/E11.html

Come off it bro.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

all global warming is all man made when will we learn? we are making this planet too hot to live. oh nooooooooooo. why do you not accept reality you trump supporting inbred uneducated hiickss.

Comment

Predictions on predictions on top of more predictions. Useless info.
                Makes it easy to remain stupid if you don't actually read.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  Makes it easy to remain stupid if you don't actually read.
                  this thread is good for a few people to prove this quote over and over again without a hint of self reflection

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

Comment

Honestly the way Marshall defends his argument makes me think he believes Weather and Climate to by synonymous. Which is an actual problem trying to explain climate change to people.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
                    QFT now more then ever
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Nahhh brew. Data collected in a different manner is not the same data as previously collected. Either way, data to explain global warming or climate change from 150 years compared to all of time is too small of a sample set.

You know this, Mr. Data Analyzer.
                      it's enough data to perceive a trend over time.

Nahh bruh, again. I love computers and I love science. I just know that they don't know how to use the two to predict the future. If so, who is winning the World Series in 2020?
                      no, you do not know that. you just think it.

as far as the world series, i don't know or care. find a data geek who's into baseball and ask them. you will get an answer with a disclaimer about degree of certainty- and this is the part you don't understand. "i cannot be 100% sure" is not the same as "i cannot tell you anything at all".
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

since we're on a BMW forum:

A new algorithm they used in computational fluid dynamics calculations allowed them to run through more simulations than ever before the M8 GTE ever got to a wind tunnel.
                        tell me again how computational modeling can't accomplish anything?

yes, using it to design race car aerodynamics is micro, not macro scale, but if it didn't have value, the free market wouldn't be using it.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

Totally unscalable and you know that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i don't watch the news but are they trying to gun grab on climate change and stuff blaming this hurricane on cars?
                            i'm just wondering seems like some typical liberal crazy eyes type shit.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              i don't watch the news but are they trying to gun grab on climate change and stuff blaming this hurricane on cars?
                              And your comment sounds like typical right wing denier garbage. See, it can go both ways.

You can't educate people unwilling to learn.

Man-made climate change IS a thing. Do we need to immediately stop burning fossil fuels... no. But we need to at least admit it's happening and come up with a course of action. Burying heads in the sand only benefits those in the fossil fuel industries, municipal electric companies, and the politicians who receive donations/incomes from the previously mentioned.
                              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                              -----------------------------------------
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                just imagine if you actually put any effort into educating yourself on this instead of making bad posts like this one

Comment

Working...
                                X