Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    No one promised you anything.

You are entitled to your opinion. Not facts.

Believe what you want.
    Yeah but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      no more arctic ice - not happening
      Literally the first hit on google: http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/20...h-hemispheres/
      M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Yeah but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

No but I am entitled to facts which is what I am providing.

Do you have any to offer???

Don't you have a beater to keep running? How do you have time to espouse all this nonsense.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

So here is a serious question, not trying to troll a knee jerk response from the usual suspects:

The earth has been in a warming trend for 300+ years, and man my or may not be influencing the pace of warming. Let's assume the globe continues to warm and CO2 continues to rise.

At what point does it become a problem? Is 2C a problem or is it a better world to live in?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So here is a serious question, not trying to troll a knee jerk response from the usual suspects:

The earth has been in a warming trend for 300+ years, and man my or may not be influencing the pace of warming. Let's assume the globe continues to warm and CO2 continues to rise.

At what point does it become a problem? Is 2C a problem or is it a better world to live in?

The problem has been happening for years.

Coastal cities are flooding.

Let's say it is part of a natural warming trend if nothing else our adding c02 (which causes warming) is exacerbating the problem.

South Florida’s looming sea-rise dilemma: Save drinking water or worsen flooding?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Well buddy, to answer one of the questions you corrected about a planet being 2°C warmer, the answer goes as follows. If it means that polar caps melt, rising ocean levels high enough so that cities get submerged and dam brokens, so no. It's not a good thing. Not a good thing if it affects ocean salinity and currents.

if you still think you will not be impacted, well, open the TV and try understand why the number of hurricanes have increased lately.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Facts are simple and facts are straight
                Facts are lazy and facts are late
                Facts all come with points of view
                Facts don't do what I want them to
                Facts just twist the truth around
                Facts are living turned inside out
                Facts are getting the best of them
                Facts are nothing on the face of things
                Facts don't stain the furniture
                Facts go out and slam the door
                Facts are written all over your face
                Facts continue to change their shape
                I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting....

Lost my shape
                Trying to act casual!
                Can't stop
                I might end up in the hospital
                I'm changing my shape
                I feel like an accident
                They're back!
                To explain their experience
                Isn't it weir
                Looks too obscure to me
                Wasting away
                And that was their policy
                I'm ready to leave
                I push the fact in front of me
                Facts lost
                Facts are never what they seem to be
                Nothing there!
                No information left of any kind
                Lifting my head
                Looking for danger signs
                There was a line
                There was a formula
                Sharp as a knife
                Facts cut a hole in us
                There was a line
                There was a formula
                Sharp as a knife
                Facts cut a hole in us
                I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
                I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
                The feeling returns
                Whenever we close out eyes
                Lifting my head
                looking around inside
                The island of doubt
                It's like the taste of medicine
                Working by hindsight
                Got the message from the oxygen
                Making a list
                Find the cost of opportunity
                Doing it right
                Facts are useless in emergencies
                The feeling returns
                Whenever we close out eyes
                Lifting my head
                Looking around inside.
                Facts are simple and facts are straight
                Facts are lazy and facts are late
                Facts all come with points of view
                Facts don't do what I want them to
                Facts just twist the truth around
                Facts are living turned inside out
                Facts are getting the best of them
                Facts are nothing on the face of things
                Facts don't stain the furniture
                Facts go out and slam the door
                Facts are written all over your face
                Facts continue to change their shape
                I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting....

I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...

Comment

Yup, no climate change here.

'Wacky' weather makes Arctic warmer than parts of Europe

OSLO (Reuters) - A freak warming around the North Pole is sending a blast of Arctic cold over Europe in a sign of“wacky” weather that may happen more often with man-made global warming, scientists said on Monday.

On the northern tip of Greenland, the Cape Morris Jesup meteorological site has had a record-smashing 61 hours of temperatures above freezing so far in 2018, linked to a rare retreat of sea ice in the Arctic winter darkness.

“It’s never been this extreme,” said Ruth Mottram, a climate scientist at the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI). Warmth was coming into the Arctic both up from the Atlantic and through the Bering Strait, driving and cold air south.

Around the entire Arctic region, temperatures are now about 20C (36°F) above normal, at minus eight degrees Celsius (17.6°F), according to DMI calculations.

To the south, a rare snow storm hit Rome on Monday and some Brussels mayors planned to detain homeless overnight if they refused shelter with temperatures set to fall as low as minus 10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit) in the coming week.

Hit by easterly winds from Siberia, cities from Warsaw to Oslo were colder than minus 8C.

As long ago as 1973, a study suggested that an ice-free Arctic Ocean could make regions further south colder. That“warm Arctic, cold continent” (WAC#C) pattern is sometimes dubbed“wacc-y” or“wacky” among climate scientists.

“Wacky weather continues with scary strength and persistence,” tweeted Professor Lars Kaleschke, a professor at the University of Hamburg.

Comment

we get it binkie

anything outside of what your side considers "normal" weather is due to anthropogenic global warming. No matter what happens it the evil CO2 that we can't live without that is the villain. How very convenient, if it gets hot or cold, you're right!
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

we get it binkie

anything outside of what your side considers "normal" weather is due to anthropogenic global warming. No matter what happens it the evil CO2 that we can't live without that is the villain. How very convenient, if it gets hot or cold, you're right!
                      Is there a point that can be made you won't miss?

As far as binkie, have you stopped sucking your thumb and regressed back to a binkie?

Comment

First, I want to say Parker, I don't want a response from you..

Second I do believe we should do our best to take care of this place.

But why in the 70's were they saying that the planet was going to cool off, then when I was a kid it was the ozone layer was getting a hole in it(thank God they basically put aqua net out of fashion), then it was global warming, and now they changed it to climate change?

They always said that the ozone layer couldn't fix itself, yet here it's getting better. Every 10 to 15 years they change the name of what is wrong with the world, and the people that are yelling about it from the mountains are stuffing their pockets with money and flying all over the world talking about it.

We need to try our best to keep this place clean, but obviously all the facts arnt in and we can't nail down anything solid until then.

States like mine want to charge 20 cents a gallon of fuel because of carbon,fwd don't even know enough about it yet they are going to tax us on it.

Annoying

Comment

The ozone is a perfect example of what a conscious effort to undue damage we've cause can do successfully, something the deniers often say is out of reach for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                            First, I want to say Parker, I don't want a response from you..

Second I do believe we should do our best to take care of this place.

But why in the 70's were they saying that the planet was going to cool off, then when I was a kid it was the ozone layer was getting a hole in it(thank God they basically put aqua net out of fashion), then it was global warming, and now they changed it to climate change?

They always said that the ozone layer couldn't fix itself, yet here it's getting better. Every 10 to 15 years they change the name of what is wrong with the world, and the people that are yelling about it from the mountains are stuffing their pockets with money and flying all over the world talking about it.

We need to try our best to keep this place clean, but obviously all the facts arnt in and we can't nail down anything solid until then.

States like mine want to charge 20 cents a gallon of fuel because of carbon,fwd don't even know enough about it yet they are going to tax us on it.

Annoying
                            Put me on ignore or get used to my posts.

As we learn our understanding changes. Initially, as we saw temperatures raising we called it global warming. Then we saw climate change was more accurate.

Over the last 50 years, we have seen significant warming at the poles, causing ice to melt, sea level rise and ocean temperatures raising all of which contributes to the extreme weather we have seen lately.

Bottom line we need to reduce our negative effect on planetary systems.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              Put me on ignore or get used to my posts.

As we learn our understanding changes. Initially, as we saw temperatures raising we called it global warming. Then we saw climate change was more accurate.

Over the last 50 years, we have seen significant warming at the poles, causing ice to melt, sea level rise and ocean temperatures raising all of which contributes to the extreme weather we have seen lately.

Bottom line we need to reduce our negative effect on planetary systems.
                              There hasn’t been warming in the South Pole
                              The sea has been rising for something like 300 years
                              The earth has been warming for over 300 years
                              We have no clue how to model the climate accurately
                              CO2 may be the least important trace element to affect climate
                              There has been no increase in severe weather - you really should study a little
                              There has been an extended period of time with little or no warming
                              Temps during the global midieval warming period were warmer than now
                              Retreating glaciers in Greenland have uncovered Viking settlements
                              Retreating Alaskan glaciers are uncovering tree stumps
                              NASA admitted that land based temp r3ords are so poor we need a new system

And

Man has no power to stop or reverse any of this
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There hasn’t been warming in the South Pole
                                The sea has been rising for something like 300 years
                                The earth has been warming for over 300 years
                                We have no clue how to model the climate accurately
                                CO2 may be the least important trace element to affect climate
                                There has been no increase in severe weather - you really should study a little
                                There has been an extended period of time with little or no warming
                                Temps during the global midieval warming period were warmer than now
                                Retreating glaciers in Greenland have uncovered Viking settlements
                                Retreating Alaskan glaciers are uncovering tree stumps
                                NASA admitted that land based temp r3ords are so poor we need a new system

And

Man has no power to stop or reverse any of this
                                I agree with the part you say about having no clue, that describes you.

You keep posting these false statements, repeated posting does not make them true.

Man has the ability to stop polluting and exacerbating the issue.

Come back after you look up exacerbating.

Comment

Working...
                                X