Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    For example; California is spouting off about banning the sale of new gas cars by 2035, which is a joke. We don't even have a power grid capable enough to power the state without the addition of millions of EVs. Which is just one example.
    Worst part is, they are still over 60% non-renewables for power generation lol...

Turn off your AC so we can save the grid, but it will be OK when everyone is drawing 2x as much for EV's.

You can't even make this stuff up. The gov't is putting the cart before the horse.

They already banned small engines at the end of next year. Imagine how many small businesses are going to suffer, or have to travel to purchase gas mowers.

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Worst part is, they are still over 60% non-renewables for power generation lol...

Turn off your AC so we can save the grid, but it will be OK when everyone is drawing 2x as much for EV's.

You can't even make this stuff up. The gov't is putting the cart before the horse.

They already banned small engines at the end of next year. Imagine how many small businesses are going to suffer, or have to travel to purchase gas mowers.
      ALSO LA banned the use of natural gas in homes built after next year I believe. Restaurants have to transition to electric stoves as well. That's another strain on the grid.

So when the power goes out, You can't even make a hot meal.

RIP good food. KBBQ... gud bi :C

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So, you are in the camp "If you don't share my opinions or beliefs you are *****". You can put whatever word in there you like. The last few years, anyone slightly conservative is racists, ***phobe, bigot, Trumpster, MAGA, Qanon, Fascist, climate denier, election denier, conspiracy theorist, and many more. So, call me whatever you want, as long as it isn't @sshole.

Funny thing is I have voted equally red/blue looking back - my views and beliefs haven't changed, but what was center is now "far right".

Don't take things so personal. It was an aside. There's literally a guy who has the letter Q quoted in his signature. It's a fair question.

Comment

Our power grid is extremely fragile, but connected cars can be part of the solution. Just as smart meters tied to HVAC have become typical, so will EVs. Stagger charging, feed the grid when needed.

Could utilities resist or otherwise sabotage something like that when they sense lost profit, of course. Then again, we already pay for basically 100% of the infrastructure as users, so why it's not better and utilities complain about upgrade costs is a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexJ View Post

Don't take things so personal. It was an aside. There's literally a guy who has the letter Q quoted in his signature. It's a fair question.
            ....and it's a quote from someone else, which could be any kind of inside joke that this forum has.

Don't sweat my feelings. Definitely wasn't personal, I called it exactly the way the text was posted:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

<3 NASA

Compare w/ NOAA, IPC, and CRP, all of whom have their own models, all of whom have come to the same conclusions.

Also, is there some kinda QAnon population here?
            ​

Is that what you would say if you were standing in the room with the rest of the members here?

We going to get back to the topic, or are we going to worry about our feelings?

Again, let's discuss why you think humans are the root cause. I just posted a couple graphs, one showing that in the last 500m years the earth has spent twice as much time without ice caps than with. That guides me to believe under most circumstances polar caps are ABSENT in our geological history. We happen to live in a time where the earth is coming back from a freeze cycle (aka glacial period, ice age etc).

What about galactic cycles when discussing climate (Milankovitch)?

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/sites/defa...OCT%202021.pdf

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2948/m...arths-climate/

john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

HAHAHAHA that's so funny. You know that's a quoted letter from someone who just couldn't follow along? You can actually follow that quote to the exact place it was quoted from for some context.

I didn't know signatures could be seen as of lately?

Anyways. I laugh.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Link doesn't work anymore. Probably when the board migrated to the updated BBS. Signatures are based on your settings. You'll either see them in every post, first post from each member, or you can hide them completely.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Link doesn't work anymore. Probably when the board migrated to the updated BBS. I Signatures are based on your settings. You'll either see them in every post, first post from each member, or you can hide them completely.
                  Oh that's good to know, I thought they were a thing of the past.

Comment

What do you mean by "in a room"? What are you getting at? Humor me. :)

Comment

What do you mean by "in a room"? What are you getting at? Humor me. :)
                      If we were all sitting at a dinner table during an e30 meet, this discussion comes up, would you look around the room and say "Are you guys qanon?

Now that we addressed wittue feewings,

Let's get back to the topic, unless you just don't have anything useful to debate with?

john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

^ back on topic as requested Firechicken, what does that 2nd graph represent? what's the data source?

i recognize elements, of course, but i'm not sure what it's telling us yet.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          ^ back on topic as requested Firechicken, what does that 2nd graph represent? what's the data source?

i recognize elements, of course, but i'm not sure what it's telling us yet.
                          Extinction. I had to stretch the bottom graph, but wasn't going to put a lot of effort in it, so lined up 250mya in paint lol. The point if the past was to show extinctions =/= global temps unless it's just stupid hot.

I was tuning a MegaSquirt remotely, so was sitting at the desk for a little bit today, normally don't socialize at work.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Extinction vs 550m year timeline based on collective fossil record. We won't go there in this thread, fossils statistics are all over the place, fossils are an extremely rare occurrence, naturally.

john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            Firechicken.
                            Being a 3rd gen Irish immigrant born in greater Boston, 5'4" 140lb dude who transplanted to Florida land - chicken is probably at the bottom of the list of derogatory name calling. If we didn't invent whisky, we would rule the world.

Before you tell me the Scotts invented whiskey, it was Ireland that brought the distilling process to Scotland. Scotts and Irish get along great. We wear pleated flannel skirts and blow into a big bag of tubes, tap dancing in clogs.

john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Being a 3rd gen Irish immigrant born in greater Boston, 5'4" 140lb dude who transplanted to Florida land - chicken is probably at the bottom of the list of derogatory name calling. If we didn't invent whisky, we would rule the world.

Before you tell me the Scotts invented whiskey, it was Ireland that brought the distilling process to Scotland. Scotts and Irish get along great. We wear pleated flannel skirts and blow into a big bag of tubes, tap dancing in clogs.

arite don't take that joke too seriously. i was taking a shot at GM F-bodies; i have a dislike for them, not you. we're both old enough to remember the burt reynolds movie, and your handle has always reminded me of.

scottish on my father's side here, finnish on my mother's.

whiskey has gotten me in some trouble, because to nobody's great surprise i'm a bit of a hothead. i don't touch 40-proof anymore.

if you make it out to the PNW e30 picnic next year, you'll recognize me by the black kilt. :)Click image for larger version  Name:	85-4027-lg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	10077307
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Extinction. I had to stretch the bottom graph, but wasn't going to put a lot of effort in it, so lined up 250mya in paint lol. The point if the past was to show extinctions =/= global temps unless it's just stupid hot.

I was tuning a MegaSquirt remotely, so was sitting at the desk for a little bit today, normally don't socialize at work.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Extinction vs 550m year timeline based on collective fossil record. We won't go there in this thread, fossils statistics are all over the place, fossils are an extremely rare occurrence, naturally.
                                this is where i've gotta disagree with you though. extreme heat cycles directly correlate with extinction events.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X