Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Our population rate as a species is not sustainable.
    ok but you said this.

i've never had the desire to reproduce, myself. i may have accidentally done so because hookups happen at army bases, but while i was deployed she sent me pictures of a pair of twins that looked just like my brother's kids. blonde hair, blue eyes, adorable faces. they'd be 13 now. but she told me she didn't want me involved in their lives, and she was a reservist from ohio, so...

but now i have to ask. if you think population growth is a problem, why do any more than have 2 to replace yourself and your partner?
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

ok but you said this.

i've never had the desire to reproduce, myself. i may have accidentally done so because hookups happen at army bases, but while i was deployed she sent me pictures of a pair of twins that looked just like my brother's kids. blonde hair, blue eyes, adorable faces. they'd be 13 now. but she told me she didn't want me involved in their lives, and she was a reservist from ohio, so...
      My desire to reproduce sis simple. I don't want my future generations to go through this crap, so, what's the best solution? For me, produce offspring that will contribute to life, not draw from it. Greenies attack farmers! Farmers are the most neutrally balance people you will ever meet in you life. Again, simple math. A farmer needs to have sustainable land.

but now i have to ask. if you think population growth is a problem, why do any more than have 2 to replace yourself and your partner?
      Because I am raising sustainable humans. The humans my body produced don't sit in my garage/basement talking sh!t, telling/talking. We are a people of action. we are not throwing paint on a historical, piece of art (go ahead grammar police, "an" is only before a vowel written, not spoken). We actually grow food, my daughter won't east the chicken eggs from they yard because she is "vegan". Well guess what, the chickens throw then away! lol

Go eat some bugs if that's what you like.

I didn't replace me an my partner, we made a conscience choice to replace 4 dead beats.

john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

It's Friday. This week in the news, I saw a bunch of "stop oil" get dragged across the road , and cry when the super glue was ripped off but the real question is : "did they actually have results?

Did anything actually happen, "you know, like, yeah, you know, we are barring oil, and you know, because it's important and stuff"

My 19yr old failed the root pass bend test. He recognized his mistake, the chamfer was too light.

WTF are YOU teaching your child right now? Lol
        Love yall. This is my "Facebook" haha

john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

WTF are YOU teaching your child right now? Lol
          no kids, remember?
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

Just because they aren't from your DNA, doesn't mean you can't have "kids". Once my oldest went to college, started mentoring a young man who now has his own shop with a CNC router, mill, plasma as well as a 3d printer. I am just as proud of him as I am my son - he comes to me often and thanks me for the guidance over the last 6 years. The hair is sanding in my arms just thinking about it.

There's lots of youth out there who are brilliant, kind, ethical, hard working, but maybe just in a bad place in their life. So, do we ignore it, kick them when down? -OR- do we lift the spirits and maybe, just maybe use a little of our own resources to make the future brighter?
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

careful with that mutual aid, Firebird, you're starting to sound like an anarchist :P
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

since when is being a good mentor/stand up member of your community anything like an anarchist?

Firebird, tell the boy to if hes gonna leave a heavy land on the bevel hes got to turn it way up or let it soak ;) ( Though I am betting you already did) or just prep it right
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  since when is being a good mentor/stand up member of your community anything like an anarchist?
                  what do you think it means to be an anarchist?

do you think it means you aren't a positively contributing member of your community? if you do, you're misinformed. at one of my tech gigs, i wrote code that helped make kids smarter by project-managing, automating shit, and running a QA team, because i'm a pretty good software engineer; one of the better ones in the room at the time. keeping a database full of names and addresses of children safe is where i cut my teeth on internet security, because it'd be really fucking bad if that got into the wild. perfectly in line with the ideology.

the salient point here is "when it comes to boots, go to the bootmaker", which is why i've pointed people at Firebird a few times when they wanna learn to tune. he's the bootmaker. i myself specialize in optimizing suspension and brakes, especially 5-lug conversions. i wince every time someone runs a set of adapters with the stock e30 brakes. maybe i am the bootmaker there, maybe not, but ignore my advice at your peril if you wanna go with chinese-made parts.

also read that bit about "mutual aid vs. the stick".

read some bakunin. i know you won't because you probably still carry a grudge, but maybe someone else will. translated and summarized for easy reading: https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...the-boot-maker

there's your lesson on anarchism.
                  Last edited by decay; 12-17-2022, 10:52 PM.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

to put us back on topic:

looooong read, i suggest keep a browser tab open and do one chapter at a time (i'm still not done because i'm cramming for an interview on monday), but it's very well-informed on the subject.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017...or-humans.html
                    Last edited by decay; 12-17-2022, 10:43 PM.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Tried responding 3x, site glitched and lost my posts. Will type locally to copy/paste, but gotta run for now.

This was not in mainstream science just a few years ago:

Earth's orbit is constantly evolving through Milankovitch Cycles. Try Speakly for free for 7 days, and get a 60% discount if you join the annual subscription...
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Tried responding 3x, site glitched and lost my posts. Will type locally to copy/paste, but gotta run for now.

This was not in mainstream science just a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aFP88qfQs
                        that is not supported by current data.

anecdote: you know that seed vault we keep up in greenland JIC there's a climate or some other apocalypse? it's not under permafrost anymore. has been since we built it, but not now.

keyword: if that cycle i don't know how to spell were the *only* factor, we could be on a global 100k-year cycle, but the presenter carefully states that such as to acknowledge it isn't.

check out that article i posted if you need a break from buggy r3v; it's been frustrating me to the point where i irregularly check in and now i'm wading through a twitter cesspool of MAGAts until i catch my next contract and buy an M54B30. i still haven't finished it myself but it's depressing and i have enough of that going on right now.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

that is not supported by current data.
                          Elaborate? I have been posting data, and information that the planet is in a glacial recession, on a cycle, that was happening before humans.

john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Firebird, tell the boy to if hes gonna leave a heavy land on the bevel hes got to turn it way up or let it soak ;) ( Though I am betting you already did) or just prep it right
                            Before I had a chance,he knew the error. 1/4" steel, he used 3/16" bevel, not 1/8. Plus he is impatient im the starts - doesn't "almost burn through" as I say to the youngins

I've welded enough, pretty sure pass any of the school/work tests. There's days I'm all twisted up like a contortionist, in a car cage, using my knee to throttle a 1981 sync 300 with a # 9 flex air cooled just to get that 360°. I only use transformer machines,no computers.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Seed vault is actually modern to contemporary history by now. History has become a favorite. Jocephus: War with the Jews is a great one if you have a heavy page turn.

Going back to the subject, I will read the entire paper,but was grabbing linkt to quote. The best material for a debate is the one presented. ;)

Right in chapter 1, it discusses the feedback loop of frozen co2.

john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

quantum physics is some strange shit i'll never understand. much smarter brains than mine have tried and failed, so i don't feel bad about it.
                                Constructor theory is a proposal for a new mode of explanation in fundamental physics in the language of ergodic theory, first sketched out by David Deutsch, a quantum physicist at the University of Oxford, in 2012. Find out more >>

Quantum tunneling is well understood. This gets interesting. Bring quantum and physical?

john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X