Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Seed vault is actually modern to contemporary history by now. History has become a favorite. Jocephus: War with the Jews is a great one if you have a heavy page turn.

Going back to the subject, I will read the entire paper,but was grabbing linkt to quote. The best material for a debate is the one presented. ;)

Right in chapter 1, it discusses the feedback loop of frozen co2.
    keep going. the chapter about conflict caused by climate change was particularly interesting to me, of course; the US Army has been thinking about that since before i was a grunt (not least because our military is, in fact, the biggest polluting entity... "in the wuhld"). and oh yeah, my 10-year anniversary of getting out was a few months ago.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      the salient point here is "when it comes to boots, go to the bootmaker", which is why i've pointed people at Firebird a few times when they wanna learn to tune. he's the bootmaker. i myself specialize in optimizing suspension and brakes, especially 5-lug conversions. i wince every time someone runs a set of adapters with the stock e30 brakes. maybe i am the bootmaker there, maybe not, but ignore my advice at your peril if you wanna go with chinese-made parts.
      I don't drive a cool daily anymore (well 335d is still a hoot), but I build them for a living, and "daily" cars that are cool.

Am I the bootmaker's mentor? :P
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

I don't drive a cool daily anymore (well 335d is still a hoot), but I build them for a living, and "daily" cars that are cool.

Am I the bootmaker's mentor? :P
        a good bootmaker is a mentor. knowledge should be shared, not compartmentalized or monetized. it's a specialty, not a position of authority. being good at chassis, suspension, and brakes to the point where i can build a naturally-aspirated 4-banger that'll leave 6cyl turbo cars in the canyons doesn't elevate me above anyone else, it just means i'm a nerd about that.

so you're a weaponized nerd. bootmaker is just the polite term. :P​

i hear those 335d diesels respond really well to a reflash...
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
        X