X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-)

You know farb you might be on too something there
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      ^

Part of evolution right. those that are best able to adapt will survive and those that are inferior will parish. natural order of things as far as I can tell.
      There have been only a few catastrophic events in the past that wiped out the majority of plant and animal species. Yes nature creates a whole new set of species but the difference is that in this case we are possibly causing that catastrophic event. So sure perhaps our species and many others will become extinct because of our own actions but that doesn't mean we should try and accelerate the process. :blowup:
      sigpic

Comment

True or false, someone should gather information on what all of the GW bullshit has lead to in terms of "solutions", their funding, their results and I would like to see a number that represents how much tax payer money has gone down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          ^ the problem is that only a few degrees can really wreck havoc with fragile aquatic ecosystems.

Luckily for me, I dont live in water!
          sigpic

Comment

^not yet.

And evolution isnt defined by mass extictions, they are unrelated concepts. Mass extinctions have external causes, such as meteors, volcanic activity, or, humans. Evolution is basically a trial & error of genetic mutations for those most beneficial to survival. You don't need extinctions for evolution to happen.

AGW denial is the modern equivalent of flat earth theory. Only by the time you realize how obvious it is, it will be too late.

I fear for my children's future, as to what will be left of planet we live on.
            Last edited by nando; 07-31-2012, 08:05 PM.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              we would not be here with out it happening a few times in the past now would we???
              There's a difference between external factors affecting evolution (extinctions such as ones possible in NZ due to temperature increases) and the processes and changes to species that occur as a result of evolution. Do you deny this?

Comment

No I dont. But with out a large degree "global cooling" (you know climate change) a "few" million years ago coupled with a lowering of the amount of Co2 in the atmosphere this planet would still be dominated by reptiles.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                  True or false, someone should gather information on what all of the GW bullshit has lead to in terms of "solutions", their funding, their results and I would like to see a number that represents how much tax payer money has gone down the drain.
                  I don't know what figure I contribute through my tax dollars each month to combat global warming, but I know I've been contributing about $30 a month more this summer to combat indoor air warming.
                  "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                  -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Just 30......should be closer to 130 with how hot its been this sjummer

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                      I don't know what figure I contribute through my tax dollars each month to combat global warming, but I know I've been contributing about $30 a month more this summer to combat indoor air warming.
                      You must have a supremely energy efficient home.

Our avg elec bill in the months with no A/C or heat really needed, is around $45.......I think last month was $125.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by sleeves
                        Just 30......should be closer to 130 with how hot its been this sjummer
                        Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Our avg elec bill in the months with no A/C or heat really needed, is around $45.......I think last month was $125.
                        To clarify, it seems he was saying that he has been spending $30 more (than usual) this year because of the hot summer.

At least here, it's been near par and we saved on heating in the warm spring. However, we also watch less TV and have fewer computers running than in past years (and go to bed earlier - so use more natural light). Still, it's not like cooling expenses is crazy different from last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

I meant "more" / "additional" compared to last summer. And I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, same one.
                          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Got it, ours is about the same as last year. A/C still runs all day, but the additional insulation in the attic keeps it from warming up as much.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Artificial photosynthesis--the idea that we might be able to create energy and other useful thing from sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide, as plants do--is something of a holy grail for energy and green chemistry researchers. And while some efforts have shown modest potential--MIT's Nocera Lab, for instance, claims to have created an artificial leaf from stable materials--efficiency is still a problem. That hasn't stopped consumer electronics giant Panasonic; the company yesterday revealed that it is investing in artificial photosynthesis technology that turns carbon dioxide and sunlight into industrial chemicals.

What if we improve this technology to where it is viable? CO2 pretty much becomes a non-issue if this is built into a practical tech.

Science and technology IMO can solve most problems, but we need to focus on science and technology, instead of bickering and arguments without reason or logic.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                                http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...eful-chemicals

What if we improve this technology to where it is viable? CO2 pretty much becomes a non-issue if this is built into a practical tech.

Science and technology IMO can solve most problems, but we need to focus on science and technology, instead of bickering and arguments without reason or logic.
                                We already have the technology to solve the problem, but it costs more than fossil fuel, or at least the upfront cost.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X