Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 catalytic converter?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
      Whats the payback on your e30 ;-)

Also- global warming is real and is actually caused by e30s.
      I'd put good money on more of it coming from catless WRX/STi's than e30s.

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
      But incase you need any nuclear fuel here you go:
      Hey, what's point beach? chopped liver?

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
      At this point, I think many scientists are looking at geo-engineering solutions for climate change because of knowing the inevitability of exhausting every bit of fossil fuel that we can.
      Assuming we're talking about geo-thermal, that seems like a horribly stupid idea in the long, long run. Cooling down the core of the earth will eventually kill the magnetic field that we love so much. Oh, there's so much thermal energy we'll never run out, you say? I remember someone saying that about oil once. Cork up those volcanoes!

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

^I don't think you know what geoengineering is. It's "engineering" on a global scale to try and reverse anthropogenic global warming effects. Unfortunately every experiment so far has been futile due to the complexities and sensitivities of climate and nature. Some scientists believe we are beyond tipping point anyway to try and attempt geoengineering.
        sigpic

Comment

no dude, it's called terraforming. if we can do it to mars, we can do it to earth again.

it's true. i saw it in a videogame once.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Just don't let them try to mess with people's aggression like on Miranda.

Comment

^I don't think you know what geoengineering is. It's "engineering" on a global scale to try and reverse anthropogenic global warming effects. Unfortunately every experiment so far has been futile due to the complexities and sensitivities of climate and nature. Some scientists believe we are beyond tipping point anyway to try and attempt geoengineering.
              some scientists believed we were headed into another ice age in the 70's
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

^I don't think you know what geoengineering is.
                I don't think you understand what I thought you thought geoengineering is.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                  some scientists believed we were headed into another ice age in the 70's
                  Some still do. But most climatologists in the 1970's were concerned about global warming as they are today. In fact the global warming theory goes back to the 1800's. I actually have a book from Buckminster Fuller written in 1976 that discusses global warming and predicts quite accurately all of the problems we can expect if nothing is done to prevent it. (on a side note he also discussed and predicted the wars with Afghanistan quite accurately in the same book)
                  sigpic

Comment

you told me there was a consensus /sarcasm/
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Walmart has always been on the forefront of strategies to save money and maximize profits, so them being the most solar company in the country should say something.

Increasingly cheap solar panels and attractivesolar financing plans mean that corporate solar installations will continue at a rapid clip in the coming years. Over the next half a decade, businesses and other large energy consumers (nonprofits, schools, etc.) will install 7,000 megawatts of solar PV systems, or enough power to replace seven coal plants. Why rely on utility companies to increase solar capacity when big business can do it quickly?

Comment

that poll is just left wing liberal media bias. completely irrelevant.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year).

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

LOLOL Antarctic sea ice article from Forbes with no references, merely preaching one man's beliefs.

You should educate yourself before you bring something so pathetically weak to the table as though you've brought a feast.

Polar sea ice grows and shrinks dramatically each year, driven by seasonal cycles. Habitat for wildlife and harbinger of changing climate, sea ice offers scientists important clues about the state of our planet.

NASA can go home, we've got Forbes on the case.....trollolololol

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                              LOLOL Antarctic sea ice article from Forbes with no references, merely preaching one man's beliefs.

You should educate yourself before you bring something so pathetically weak to the table as though you've brought a feast.

Polar sea ice grows and shrinks dramatically each year, driven by seasonal cycles. Habitat for wildlife and harbinger of changing climate, sea ice offers scientists important clues about the state of our planet.

NASA can go home, we've got Forbes on the case.....trollolololol

Not saying I disagree, but that study is a minimum of 12 years old. There are few concrete facts on climate change at this point in time, but most research in a broad range of categories suggests that human causes could be attributing to climate change in many ways. IMO, ocean acidification and the slowing of the MOC are the things I would expect to see solidified in the next few years.
                              MY BUILD: The Grant318is Build
                              sigpic

Comment

But but but but, everyone KNOWS that Forbes is the leading source of climate research, particularly a piece written by a senior fellow at a conservative public policy think tank.

I mean, this is the same science-leading think tank that questioned studies that linked second hand smoke to health risks, in collaboration with Phillip Morris. And everyone knows that all that second-hand-smoke research was bullshit and the cigarette company-funded studies proved to the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X