No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't focus too much on emissions but commercial food production techniques are fucking our planet up big time. If you own a reef tank, dive, surf, or anything to do with our oceans it's pretty clear our reefs are toast.
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I wonder what's worse: Cow farts or the effluence of stupidism from the climate change deniers?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
        Not sure about the others but I have a hard time believing that this emits a serious % of the gas that is being emitted. For starters those fart machines all eat plants, so this is taking place on a scale that is at least remotely sustainable. Sure it's buffed with fertilizers and such but the level of energy we're dealing with is not even on the same scale as what we burn in fossil fuels. If it was even 1/20th of the pollution I would be amazed. Maybe if you tossed in all the fossil fuel used in running farm equipment, distribution, and fertilizer it might have a chance to reach such a large %.
        Quoted for posterity.

Also, most animals bred for slaughter are fed grain. And it takes approx 6 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat, along with all the water used in processing, etc.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        i bet you have a hard time thinking about a lot of things.

feel free to google it yourself if you dont like the link.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          i bet you have a hard time thinking about a lot of things.

feel free to google it yourself if you dont like the link.
          No I try to keep an open mind but the numbers in this are just too staggering to believe. I'll have to do some more reading on this.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
          If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Quoted for posterity.

Also, most animals bred for slaughter are fed grain. And it takes approx 6 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat, along with all the water used in processing, etc.
            as ron white said, "i'm doing my part, i'm eating them"
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              as ron white said, "i'm doing my part, i'm eating them"
              He wasn't funny in 2004 and you're missing the point.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                He wasn't funny in 2004 and you're missing the point.
                no, i am not missing the point, you're way too serious

don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff

cow farts have been known for a long, long time to be a bigger driver of GW than CO2, which must come as a revelation to tjts1
                Last edited by gwb72tii; 02-14-2012, 12:15 PM.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So we're back to the cow flatulence again.
                  That article talks more about other things associated with farming than actual cow farts. Plus there's still a huge hole in the ozone scientists can't explain. Even after a shit ton of effort has been made in reducing CFCs. In other words, it proves they're either wrong or partially wrong and have a lot to learn about the planet.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                    In other words, it proves they're either wrong or partially wrong and have a lot to learn about the planet.
                    That's a huge flaw with the scientific results we layman's receive, and the actual data that scientists work with. They all work with similar data to a degree, will come to separate conclusions and usually whoever who has the biggest financial support or the media latches on to will be taken by the majority as the "truth" or as close to it as possible. Hell, nearly all of us here are arguing for a side based on probably at best 3rd hand evidence....it'd be laughable for any of to claim to know something to be true or false in regards to GW.

Comment

My last roommate was a glaciologist from the uni where I'm at so I've actually seen 1st hand data but I have no comprehension of the mathematical modeling he did with it. But he used to go off to trips up there and take samples and readings and stuff like that and talk to me about the situation.

but we did talk a lot about what I did know about, the stuff I mentioned above about our oceans and coral reefs, and he explained in plain terms how that related to the topic we're discussing. I just don't really see the point of laying it all out here.

it's shit you guys either can or have already seen on discovery channel anyway so it's out there from sources that are pretty accessible.

reminds me, though, in regards to weather forecasters not being able to accurately predict anything, for those of us living in SoCal here's one of his friends from that department who runs a weather blog and I keep it on my RSS feeds because he's laser point accurate.

check it out
                      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Cow farts, let me tell you about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          Cow farts, let me tell you about them.
                          tell us
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaked docs: Heartland Institute think tank pays climate contrarians very well

"Yesterday, a series of documents that allegedly originated form the Heartland were leaked to a prominent climate blog. The documents reveal that most of the funding for its climate activities come from a small range of very generous donors, and that big plans are afoot for 2012. If the Heartland has its way, it will fund the launch of a new website by meteorologist and climate skeptic Anthony Watts, and prepare a school curriculum intended to keep teachers from addressing climate science. "

Comment

Smells like Kitzmiller vs. Dover all over again, people trying to push for questionable science to be taught in the classroom. Sorry, but no. Stick to the basics in high school and leave the serious scrutineering for those who wish to pursue post-secondary.

Comment

Clearly you didn't actually read the link

Comment

Working...
                                X