Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    And the stupid american brings forth an argument which has already been used as though he's introduced something deep and profound.

"You are an electric utility executive by profession"

" Because I don't engage in my own climate research"

Forgive me if I didn't hit the deck begging for forgiveness based on that article. If you'd actually read and this is key, understood it you'd know he says it's very important to lower co2 levels. It's ok though, a simpleton such as yourself probably had difficulty navigating to page 2.
    I didn't even read it. I just wanted to get you hot and bothered.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      i feel herb putting together a monster rebuttal on why the wiki scientists are not worthy
      uggh. Been slammed at work. Haven't had time to read but plan to. I'll just have to assume it's all completely accurate, pier reviewed, sound science. Honestly though, whether or not we can reduce or reverse AGW, it won't change my daily consumption habits. I don't give a fuck.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
        uggh. Been slammed at work. Haven't had time to read but plan to. I'll just have to assume it's all completely accurate, pier reviewed, sound science. Honestly though, whether or not we can reduce or reverse AGW, it won't change my daily consumption habits. I don't give a fuck.
        peer reviewed means nothing friend, and you should know this intuitively. biased review is worthless, on both sides.
        what you have with the wiki list is peer review of the AGW camp that comes up with different opinions than the "settled science" guys
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

In the first comprehensive satellite study of its kind, a University of Colorado at Boulder-led team used NASA data to calculate how much Earth's melting land ice is adding to global sea level rise.
          Using satellite measurements from the NASA/German Aerospace Center Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE), the researchers measured ice loss in all of Earth's land ice between 2003 and 2010, with particular emphasis on glaciers and ice caps outside of Greenland and Antarctica.
          The total global ice mass lost from Greenland, Antarctica and Earth's glaciers and ice caps during the study period was about 4.3 trillion tons (1,000 cubic miles), adding about 0.5 inches (12 millimeters) to global sea level. That's enough ice to cover the United States 1.5 feet (0.5 meters) deep.
          About a quarter of the average annual ice loss came from glaciers and ice caps outside of Greenland and Antarctica (roughly 148 billion tons, or 39 cubic miles). Ice loss from Greenland and Antarctica and their peripheral ice caps and glaciers averaged 385 billion tons (100 cubic miles) a year. Results of the study will be published online Feb. 8 in the journal Nature.

Changes in ice thickness (in centimeters per year) during 2003-2010 as measured by NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellites, averaged over each of the world's ice caps and glacier systems outside of Greenland and Antarctica. (Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Colorado)

peer reviewed means nothing friend, and you should know this intuitively. biased review is worthless, on both sides.
          what you have with the wiki list is peer review of the AGW camp that comes up with different opinions than the "settled science" guys
          OH SNAP! We we got ourselves a real genius over here.

Comment

So thats all hooomans fault then still right???
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I tried to google hooomans and read a couple hits out loud before I realized what you were referring to HAHAHAHA
              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                So thats all hooomans fault then still right???
                By the way you write about GW you seem to have already decided it couldn't possibly be, that kind of ignorance makes me giggle.

Comment

Anyone who denies that the shit is going down is just being ignorant. The only argument is if it's our fault or not.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                  If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                    Anyone who denies that the shit is going down is just being ignorant. The only argument is if it's our fault or not.
                    well, yes, thousands of years ago the northern half of the USA was under ICE, so, yes, its warmer.
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                      The only argument is if it's being accelerated by us or not.
                      Changed

We certainly couldn't take credit for all of it, it's whether or not we're throwing gas on the naturally occurring fire or it's flaring up abnormally quickly naturally over the last century.

Comment

well, yes, thousands of years ago the northern half of the USA was under ICE, so, yes, its warmer.
                        you should be embarrassed to post overly simplistic statements like this.

Comment

What I find interesting is what is being targeted, mainly the transportation and power generation industries.........why isn't anyone going after the huge amount of greenhouse gases emitted from the animal-based diet of industrialized countries.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Because people want someone to blame and the media is heavy on polluting industry and gas guzzlers, easy targets. No one equates billions of farm animals to air pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              What I find interesting is what is being targeted, mainly the transportation and power generation industries.........why isn't anyone going after the huge amount of greenhouse gases emitted from the animal-based diet of industrialized countries.
                              Not sure about the others but I have a hard time believing that this emits a serious % of the gas that is being emitted. For starters those fart machines all eat plants, so this is taking place on a scale that is at least remotely sustainable. Sure it's buffed with fertilizers and such but the level of energy we're dealing with is not even on the same scale as what we burn in fossil fuels. If it was even 1/20th of the pollution I would be amazed. Maybe if you tossed in all the fossil fuel used in running farm equipment, distribution, and fertilizer it might have a chance to reach such a large %.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

i bet you have a hard time thinking about a lot of things.

feel free to google it yourself if you dont like the link.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X