X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by cale View Post
    The stamping on toilet paper is in English too, doesn't mean it's good for more than one thing...
    I kill spiders in my bathroom with toilet paper. 2 uses. Suck it!

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    The stamping on toilet paper is in English too, doesn't mean it's good for more than one thing...

Leave a comment:

• gwb72tii
    replied
    Here's another on that didn't get the memo either.
    And just for you cale it's an English speaking website assuming you don't speak Hebrew

https://www.theepochtimes.com/how-cl...d_3093372.html

Leave a comment:

• gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by cale View Post
    That website is basically just a mixture of cliche crusty old white man shit for people who suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    i thought i'd link an English speaking website, or do you speak Japanese?

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    That website is basically just a mixture of cliche crusty old white man shit for people who suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Leave a comment:

• gwb72tii
    replied
    well apparently this guy didn't get the message about the 97% consensus
    https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doom...lls-the-beans/

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

All it requires is money. Like every liberal solution, just feed it cash. Oh, and do it quickly now!
    This is what the Chinese have used to "seed" clouds for A LONG time. I turned it off once she acted like this was some ground breaking piece of new knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post

where i'm not sure i agree 100% is that we measure intelligence and sentience by our own self-defined metrics

other primates and octopi have demonstrated learning, tool usage and creation, and other tasks that require what we define as intelligence

...absolute yes to this, and if we're not capable of being good custodians to this planet we happened to find ourselves on, are we actually intelligent?
    Sure, we define the metric, and so we are, individually at least. But I think we tend to not label things other than humans as intelligent, but rather as showing intelligence, which seems to be a convenient way to label them as showing some aspects of human intelligence, but not at the same level or above. Of course, we sometimes forget that every living thing is intelligent in a unique/specialized way, and probably one that we either can't quite comprehend, or achieve a similar level of ability in, no matter how long we might train.

However, we do seem to really lack the ability to conceive, manage, and resolve problems, to the benefit of the society as a whole, much outside of our individual spheres of habitation. Heck, even ants can do that effecively, so what are we by comparison?

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

When an Octopus can build an e30...
    Bring it on. I must have 8 arms.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post

where i'm not sure i agree 100% is that we measure intelligence and sentience by our own self-defined metrics

other primates and octopi have demonstrated learning, tool usage and creation, and other tasks that require what we define as intelligence

...absolute yes to this, and if we're not capable of being good custodians to this planet we happened to find ourselves on, are we actually intelligent?
    When an Octopus can build an e30...

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/special...hange-n1054791

Here you go. Purge your guilt on the internet!

BTW the responses are the best ever.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Here are some more deniers.

https://clintel.nl/brief-clintel-aan-vn-baas-guterres/

Can you believe these people?

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
    All it requires is money. Like every liberal solution, just feed it cash. Oh, and do it quickly now!

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    replied
    interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZHUHkMYr4

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Originally posted by 4x4_e30 View Post
    I'm putting my money on cold fusion. If we can't figure that out within the next 20 years, by my calculations we're fucked no matter what.

Unlimited free energy, think about it. Kind of hard to wrap my head around personally. Things that used to be impractical or inefficient will be done on a large scale with brute force. The only limiting factor will be material sciences. Technological advancement will go through the roof. Pair that with automation and AI, it is quite possible for humanity to completely eradicate poverty and hunger, while also preserving our environment. An ideal situation would be off planet mining, Mars colonization, etc.

It's too bad we'll probably end up nuking each other to death fighting over that technology before it has the chance to save the planet.
    I'm not in the camp who thinks "we're fucked" wrt AGW. Some people certainly are, global conflicts over food, arable land and water will become a greater issue for those with less and will cause major conflict. The developed world however, primarily North America will find a way around anything but the most catastrophic events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X