Treasury To Raise Debt Limit By Another $1.2 Trillion On December 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You didn't think US consumer confidence could be bought for free now did you?

U.S. TREASURY SAYS DEBT LIMIT TO BE RAISED BY $1.2 TRILLION
    U.S. DEBT TO BE $100 BLN WITHIN LIMIT ON DEC. 30, TREASURY SAYS
    STEPS FOR INCREASING DEBT LIMIT UNDER 2011 BUDGET CONTROL ACT
    And the piece de resistance that 100% debt to GDP brings:

OBAMA ON DEC. 30 LIKELY TO ASK CONGRESS TO RAISE DEBT LIMIT
    Just as we thought the circus was over if only for a few weeks..."
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

this is going to end badly
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

He has to do whatever he can to stop the economy from getting any better at all, just doing his job as usual.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

You guys all seem pretty down about this - have you run out of hopium?
        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

you guys are idiots

they've already spent the money. they agreed on that months ago when they finally made the yearly budget. Raising the debt ceiling is just agreeing to pay for the things they've already spent the money on. including your lovely republicans in congress.

not raising the ceiling would be like racking up a credit card and then deciding not to pay the bill.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            you guys are idiots

they've already spent the money. they agreed on that months ago when they finally made the yearly budget. Raising the debt ceiling is just agreeing to pay for the things they've already spent the money on. including your lovely republicans in congress.

not raising the ceiling would be like racking up a credit card and then deciding not to pay the bill.
            The timeline is inconsequential. The fact they're still spending like this is the point here.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I wonder if boner will turn this into another bullshit fiasco
              sigpic
              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                So what?

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                  So what?
                  You don't see a problem with current spending levels?

If you made $50k a year, you'd need to spend what ~$80k a year to be on equal footing, as far as spending levels.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                  X