Anyone watch the debates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    What specifically do you disagree with and why?
    This could be a very long answer which neither of us have time for. Let me just start by saying that I like Ron Paul as a politician because he doesn't waiver from his convictions and I think he has some intriguing ideas that should be considered. (more state controlled decisions to things like marriage, drugs, and education.) However, as a leader for this country, he would be horrible. He does not compromise well and would veto almost everything. Many of his ideas of getting rid of the CIA, EPA, IRS and Federal Reserve are so radical and unpopular, no one in congress would even try and consider such laws. So as nice as a Ron Paul Utopia would be to some of you, even Ron Paul couldn't make it happen. I don't like the fact that he would pull all troops out from all countries. Why don't you just hand over South Korea to North Korea right now? (we are still at war with NK technically). Not to mention, having no intervention when a country is committing Genocide

Think of almost any presidency and think of what Ron Paul would have done. The answer would likely not produce a better outcome then what was done. Example:
    Teddy Roosevelt: No National Park system
    FDR: WW2, Ron would've let Hitler take Europe
    Kennedy: Ron would have no Space program, no NASA and no exploration.
    LBJohnson: Forget civil rights. Ron would have let the states decide if "coloreds" could eat with whites
    Reagan: We probably would have had a communist Eastern Europe much longer.
    Clinton: Let the Bosnian genocide just work itself out.
    Bush jr.: Screw Africa, they can die of HIV for all Ron cares.

Like I said. He has got some good ideas, but as a leader of the richest and most powerful country in a very interconnected world, becoming isolationalists would be a worldwide disaster, economically, politically, and morally.
    OBAMA 2012;)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
      Think of almost any presidency and think of what Ron Paul would have done. The answer would likely not produce a better outcome then what was done. Example:
      Teddy Roosevelt: No National Park system
      FDR: WW2, Ron would've let Hitler take Europe
      Kennedy: Ron would have no Space program, no NASA and no exploration.
      LBJohnson: Forget civil rights. Ron would have let the states decide if "coloreds" could eat with whites
      Reagan: We probably would have had a communist Eastern Europe much longer.
      Clinton: Let the Bosnian genocide just work itself out.
      Bush jr.: Screw Africa, they can die of HIV for all Ron cares.
      I would not call him an Isolatinalist that is a media lie.

FDR example : Not really.. He believes in congress declaring war.. that's the reason he dislikes Afghanistan and Iraq.. they are not officially declared wars. He also does not like wars with no end goal in sight.. AKA Iraq and Afghanistan.. how do you win a war on terrorism? Also he would have declared war because what got FDR to finally declare war was when we were attacked by Japan.

Kennedy example: We have no space program under Obama.. hahah.. w.e its time the private sector takes that over anyway.. more competition = better products for less money.

Reagan example:Not really..the fall of the Berlin wall was entirely a misunderstood radio broadcast, and the fall of the USSR soon after.. well that was just inevitable.

Bosnia.. Nato / UN Served its purpose there.. It went in did what it had to do and left. Although German and British troops were stationed there for some time and some still are to this day. Which also brings me to another point.. there are other countries in this world who are well equipped .. why does the US have to do all the dirty work? Also why do we still restrict Germany's military growth ?? Doesn't sound fair..

Africa.. well Hmm lemme think... they breed like rabbits and have no regard for the consequences.. I really only feel bad for the children in that situation. They get brought into that disgusting environment as a result of their parents poorly judged actions... I know it sounds harsh.. but If i were living in that environment I would not bring a child into it... at least until I can find some stability.

There really is no point to compare him to those presidents though... Those were some of the greatest presidents in US history.. People of character and actions. They did what they had to do as I'm sure any other man including RP would do.

At this point in time.. SK is well enough equipped to deal with NK. If they ever do go to war there is really nothing that the US could do.. Pyongyang and Seoul would be leveled within hours considering the amount of rockets each side has pointing at each other.. Honestly this wall bogus and the US being there is just so people can feel good at this point imo. If it were only a ground war... well NK would get wrecked their army is comprised of hungry poorly equipped individuals. Now if China got in the mix... that's the only scary part.. but I doubt China would risk it.
      Last edited by RondoAcapriccio; 01-09-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

...... Ron Pauls speech was Epic... the best speech I've heard since Reagan/ Kennedy.

Comment

Working...
        X