Local/State Militia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local/State Militia?

Is anyone on R3V part of a local or state militia?
    I have been thinking about militias and doing research on California militias.
    I think it may be a good move to join a militia community to receive training and instruction on survival, defense, first aid, and search and rescue with out having to join the military.
    If the shit does hit the fan, it would also give individuals strength in numbers, and a comunity you know you could count on.
    Any thoughts, experiences or comments?
    Cheers!
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Not a bad idea as long as you really scope out the group in which you join. You know as long as they don't have a "compound" or have harsh "rules" of membership...I.E. A fucking cult.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I joined the Latin Kings gang.

Comment

^^^ I was actually part of them for a while. After a while you realize everyone's a snake and up to no good. Fuck that I'm a one man army
        Common sense is uncommon......he said words couldn't hurt him till he got smacked by a fucking dictionary!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          Not a bad idea as long as you really scope out the group in which you join. You know as long as they don't have a "compound" or have harsh "rules" of membership...I.E. A fucking cult.
          Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hens my research. It just seams like a group can offer things that individuals can not.
          Everyone looks at militias as "far right, racist, militant thugs" and some groups are that, but many of them are just people like me who live a normal everyday life but feel that they would like to be able to defend them selves and their families should anything out of the ordinary happen.

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
          I joined the Latin Kings gang.
          Nice. Hope that works out for you.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I think that for any Militia to be by any means effective against say, the US military/Mercenaries(you've all read about Blackwater), they would have to be highly-organized & response-able, relatively well-trained, and well-equipped. Those guys are Career, and their full-time job is being badass.

If you mean being prepared for small scale stuff(Gang wars, etc), then go for it.
            -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

what about the California State Military Reserve. I believe its CA's SDF. Probably won't have weapons training if thats what you are looking for.

Comment

you will most likely find rejects and loons in those groups. You will have to earn your keep and there is a ranking system such as the military.

You can get better information and training though classes. But its more of a pay as you go. Get into a local shooting league. You will then be able to network around and find what you are looking for.

But if you do decide to go that route, please come back and update this thread.
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  Is anyone on R3V part of a local or state militia?
                  I have been thinking about militias and doing research on California militias.
                  I think it may be a good move to join a militia community to receive training and instruction on survival, defense, first aid, and search and rescue with out having to join the military.
                  If the shit does hit the fan, it would also give individuals strength in numbers, and a comunity you know you could count on.
                  Any thoughts, experiences or comments?
                  Cheers!
                  Oh yeah totally

Comment

^^^
                    wouldn't expect any less from tjts1

but instead of just making fun of you tjts1, try studying US history, it will open your eyes since they were apparently shut in school.

the way this country is being divided by the messiah, along class lines, income groups, haves vs have nots, it all leads to social unrest and confrontation
                    its exactly what the messiah wants, for non thinkers like you to swallow his retoric hook line and sinker
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't even associate with them. You will be instantly labeled as a terrorist and be first in line for the fema camps, mark my word.

Random surprise homeland security checkpoints at a florida social security office? (men armed with fully automatic weapons and full armor) looking for IED's.... It's already begun.

This country has gone far into the depths of giving up their freedom for security. Media and other social distractions have fooled the country into believing they are living in a great free nation.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                        Oh yeah totally
                        Dude seriously? Militias have been around sins this country was founded. Who do you think fought the British? Militias, thats right. They may seam wacky to you because all the news we ever get about them is that they are all nutters and right wing extremists but that is not true.
                        From my research today and just from thinking about it more, I dont think a militia is right for me. I think for the most part it is true that many of them are want to be bad asses and are kind of weird. Did did a bunch of reading on some Cali militia forums today and I was not impressed.
                        I think I will just have to educate my self. I bought the SAS survival hand book today along with Combat Shooting by Massad Ayoob.
                        I am just trying to keep an open mind and consider all my options.
                        sigpic

Comment

strange paragraph there.

it looks like you started out questioning tjts1 but then ended agreeing with his overall point.
                          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                            I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't even associate with them. You will be instantly labeled as a terrorist and be first in line for the fema camps, mark my word.
                            I agree.
                            sigpic

Comment

so, white train cars with Shackles are real?

All kidding aside, I think the training aspect would be great, we have nothing of the sort really around here.

I would be wary in selecting a group as well for the reasons most people have posted, but lets be real, there are enough real world reasons WITHOUT even going tin-foil hat as to why survival training and weapons training are a good thing.

Natural disaster, wide scale power outages, etc.

let us know what you find OP
                              Originally Posted by ACMF74
                              i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Working...
                              X