Local/State Militia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      strange paragraph there.

it looks like you started out questioning tjts1 but then ended agreeing with his overall point.
      I dont think that all militia groups are weirdos, how ever I do agree that they tend to attract unstable people. I dont think it is right for people to write off all militia groups, and think that a well trained well regulated and disciplined militia group could be beneficial during times of upheaval.
      Many militia groups dedicate time to collecting food, toys, and clothing for the needy, and help in areas effected by natural disasters. Then there are those fringe groups that live up in Alaska and shoot cops and dont pay taxes. Do some reading about militia groups. I am at home sick today and did just that, and it is really interesting stuff. Did you know that Mark Twain was part of a militia during the civil war? I didnt.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
        so, white train cars with Shackles are real?

All kidding aside, I think the training aspect would be great, we have nothing of the sort really around here.

I would be wary in selecting a group as well for the reasons most people have posted, but lets be real, there are enough real world reasons WITHOUT even going tin-foil hat as to why survival training and weapons training are a good thing.

Natural disaster, wide scale power outages, etc.

let us know what you find OP
        From what I have been reading today I think it is best that people do this kind of training by them selves or with family and close friends. In San Francisco most homes keep a plastic garbage bin filled with freeze dried food, water, and other survival food encase of earth quakes. Being ready with supplies is always smart. Dedicate some time during camping trips to learning how to make fires and shelters. I think that sort of thing is fun anyways. There are plenty of good books out there for people who want to learn how to fend for themselves. While I was yong I read the "American Boys Handy Book" which is filled with all kinds of useful out doors stuff.

I bought my brother the "SAS Survival Hand Book" and it is also great! I just ordered a copy for my self.

It just comes down to educating your self and keeping an open mind. Dont immediately decide peoples thoughts and opinions are not valid just because you find them challenging or weird. Listen to them and give them a chance to explain them selves. Then you can dice weather to believe them or not in an educated way. Maybe you might even find a middle ground.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Just buy a gun, start going to the range. Read legit survival books.. like military grade ones. Go to forest and test your knowledge.Or join the military.

This is one reason I like the military, I believe everyone should be trained and equipped.

Comment

Frankly I'd be part of one but I just don't trust others when it comes to my family. I don't think they'd be there for me if shit hit the fan. But that has to do with finding just the right group and I don't think that group exists for me.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              Frankly I'd be part of one but I just don't trust others when it comes to my family. I don't think they'd be there for me if shit hit the fan. But that has to do with finding just the right group and I don't think that group exists for me.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                the way this country is being divided by the messiah, along class lines, income groups, haves vs have nots, it all leads to social unrest and confrontation
                its exactly what the messiah wants, for non thinkers like you to swallow his retoric hook line and sinker
                ^This....they want as many eyes and ears as they can possibly get out in the field. Neighbors & 'friends' turning eachother in out of fear and jealously produced by the Man. I just saw something on the Tube that was fairly disturbing, brainwashing the youth(from about 5yrs old), "We love O", over and over. Boy scouts being trained to go after militants and 'stubborn' gun-owners(modeled after the brainwashing of the German youth in the 30's &40's), there was an article and pics in the New York Times. But I don't believe that shit, i'm a good sheep.
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Possibly you could have your own group, just a group of like minded friends, who regularly get together and practice/discuss survival, defense, marksmanship, etc and just have a good time.

Comment

Step One: Move out of California to a more survivalist region.

When I decided California was no longer where I belonged, I started reading survivalblog.com, lots of great data and sources there. Good luck with your adventure.

Comment

Working...
                    X