Bill Nye has an important message for America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Nye has an important message for America

By creating ideas, humans achieve immortality.

i kept going back and forth about whether or not to post this in the P&R forum, but i ended up posting it here. Because, evolution is neither politics or religion. Evolution is science, well founded science at that too.

figured i'd do my Bill Nye 2012 part with some arm chair activism to help save ameriki.
    AWD > RWD

Bloodletting was once science.

Comment

Bill bill bill bill bill bill

Que the bible thumpers screaming my religion is under attack in 5......................4.........................3 ...................2........................
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Rape, murder and torture were sanctioned in the Old Testament..........point?
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

The Old Testament was replaced with a New Testament. Your point?

Comment

Not quite. You can't just say that some medical practice "was science"... that's just misuse of the word. Science is a process of understanding things. The practice of blood letting was tested and the premise was falsified by science.

I'm sure you were just being a smart ass, and I doubt you think it, but your statement comes across as trying to discount the credibility of the scientific process. That's funny.

Comment

To completely deny the existence of evolution is just absurd, it is hard to believe this is an issue.

On a related note, Bill Nye is mah nigga. Used to watch his show all the time growing up. I did most of the experiments that he did with household items but never got parent permission and would often get in trouble.
              sigpic

Comment

AWD > RWD

Comment

The Old Testament was replaced with a New Testament. Your point?
                  So, does that mean everything in the Old Testament is disregarded?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also you can call many things "science" however the Theory of Evolution is a Theory. Theory when talking about science means FACT. Something that has been proven through numerable tests and collections of data. For instance:

Cell Theory: all living things are made up of cells.

Atomic Theory: everything is made up of atoms.

It's well established and no offence meant to anyone, but denying evolution is very ignorant.

All that said I have nothing against people thinking a book is really good and following some of it's anecdotes to lead better lives. Using a book to control people with fear and translating stories as hard facts that are ignorant to real facts, common sense, and in many cases morality is not ok with me.

end rant, for now.
                    Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                      Also you can call many things "science" however the Theory of Evolution is a Theory. Theory when talking about science means FACT.
                      Huh? Are you confusing "Law of Gravity" with "Theory of X" or am I missing what you're getting at?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

his wording is a little convoluted. but i think he wanted to emphasize that just because it's called the theory of evolution, it doesnt mean it's disputed. it is fact.

like the theory of gravity. it's pretty well established gravity exists. lol.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

But it's not the "Theory" of gravity............

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Except, it is a theory.

It's just that it is, by far, the most likely of the theories to be right.
                            sigpic

Comment

Law or theory? Both.

A good answer:

Well, "Gravitational Theory" is our explanation of the phenomenon we know as 'gravity'.

It is a law of gravity that if you drop an object here, it will fall to the ground, but it is Gravitational Theory that explains how and why this occurs.

Gravity is a law, but we understand and explain it through a theory. It is both.

And bloodletting was never a science. Rather, it was a lack of understanding based on superstition. Actually based on the old ideas of the Four Humours. It was also thought that many illnesses were caused by having too much blood.
                              Last edited by mar1t1me; 03-08-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X