No announcement yet.

Bill Nye has an important message for America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said this creator stopped revisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Why would a perfect being need to create something that needs to be revised?

The all-powerful being should have been able to create perfection on the first try, no?
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'm convinced Farbin is going to post the Ancient Aliens meme with a troll face at any moment here.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

If I remember correctly from past threads, his delusion is genuine.

Comment

Natural selection/genetic mutation/evolution are all related to some degree. In order to have natural selection, some species must mutates itself and evolve to learn how to adapt and survive.

I understand a lot of people talk about macro-evolution when it come to the "theory" of evolution. "If we can't see it on a large scale, than it must be made up." But if you were to look at the flu virus, it mutates itself over in order for it to beat out last season vaccination and because of that, new flu shots are made every season with modification to fight off that virus. In the science world, this is consider evolution even though you may say it's just adaptation for survival of the fittest or you can't see all this (and you can).

I respect everyone religion and faith cause that's their choice so I'm not here to bash anyone belief. I also don't know if creationism is real or not but for the time being, I have to go with evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              If you're going to go there, then why not wonder if the current creator, isn't itself a revision of the creator that created it?

And if the creator has had to revise its creation, then it is not omnipotent and omniscient, as many of the adherents of various creation myths insist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cong405 View Post
                But if you were to look at the flu virus, it mutates itself over in order for it to beat out last season vaccination and because of that, new flu shots are made every season with modification to fight off that virus.
                That's god revising his creation who's sole purpose was to kill millions over thousands of years. He modifies his virus to punish us for slapping him in the face for being able to defeat his creation.

Comment

Ah, now I understand creationists. When you can just make some stuff up and say "well it would be pretty great if this is what happened, and i've had this thought so therefore it's a Theory!", the bar for entry into creationist arguments is very low. There's no independent verification, there's no peer review, it's just spouting bullshit and seeing how many other deluded fucks nod along with you. It's amusing that people even attempt to present it as an alternative to scientific research, and it's horrifying that others are accepting it.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

I wouldn't immediately chalk it off as bullshit, they simply (for the most part) work where modern science can't give a definitive answer and put their spin on it with religious flavour. The bullshit factor is put into play when they try to take a theory such as evolution which is extremely strong, pick parts of which they are not fully versed in and provide weak theistic alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                    X