Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Study Shows: GW skeptics have more scientific knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont get your point. because you're not refuting anything. your simply trying to misdirect. ok, there might be some people out there really trying to push AGW and they have money.

doesnt change a damn thing about AGW. it's a bit bigger than that.

so go ahead and stick to your failed argument. it's not new. we've heard it all before.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Cold this morn'.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        There is little funding because it is weak science. If you think the entire scientific community gets together to get their story straight so they can all sell the same lie there's no sense arguing you. You've already chosen what you want to believe, the evidence isn't going to sway you nor josh. Thats a fundamental flaw in your ability to be respected in a scientific discussion.

Before you retaliate with it, the science the sceptics bring forward is NOT settled nor strong enough to discredit that of climate scientists in support of AGW. Using it as your reasoning makes you look like a jackass with little credibility.
        then you sir have no clue as to how AGW science is funded. the science community readily admits that you cannot get funding if you're a skeptic, or you're not in line with the pro-AGW camp.

seems fair, eh?

And BTW none of the science is "settled", pro or con. that's the whole point.
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          i dont get your point. because you're not refuting anything. your simply trying to misdirect. ok, there might be some people out there really trying to push AGW and they have money.

doesnt change a damn thing about AGW. it's a bit bigger than that.

so go ahead and stick to your failed argument. it's not new. we've heard it all before.
          you're the prime example kershaw, even with your sig.
          the government funds AGW research and there's none available for the other side of the science.
          anyone with a shred of integrity knows this goes against how scientific research should be conducted.
          knowing as you do, even with your head in the sand, that recent climate data flies in the face of AGW "settled" science yet you cannot admit any doubts points you out as the denier.
          as someone else has already said, thank god your side has lost the argument and i can still hope to own a 12 cylinder car someday
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

im sorry, i cannot take scientific research advice from someone who just recently learned the difference between a theory and a scientific theory.

you need a few more years of education before i can take you seriously. until then, you're kind of like the average american 6th grader who hates school and studying and whatever he says is to be taken with more than a few grains of salt.

edit: until you get your PHD in a science, i'll continue to take the advice of people who actually have PHDs. like my friend chris. here's an argument that went down on my facebook page awhile ago. i think i posted it here, but it's worthy of a repost since it's so relevant.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              I suppose no one buys stock in "green" companies either right. Or invests in them. Say Al Gore style.
              There's a shit ton of money out there for those who push AGW.
              You're right. I found this article on the internet, so it's gotta be true.

Al Gore Caught Warming Globe To Increase Box Office Profits December 18, 2006 | ISSUE 42•51

Dozens of eyewitness reports indicated that former vice president Al Gore deliberately attempted to raise the earth's temperature in order to boost box office receipts for An Inconvenient Truth, his documentary film about global warming that was released in May.

"We have accounts from concerned citizens that Mr. Gore purchased a Cadillac Escalade SUV several months before [his film] opened in theaters," said Kimberly Blume, spokeswoman for the California-based environmental group Friends Of The Earth. "Not only did Mr. Gore use his new gas-guzzler to make short trips to the grocery store, he also left the vehicle running 24 hours a day in the driveway of his Tennessee home with the air-conditioning on full-blast."
              In the weeks following the film's release, witnesses reported additional sightings of Gore engaging in activities such as discharging can after can of 1980s-era, CFC-laden aerosol into the air, and single-handedly clear-cutting over 6,000 acres of Amazon rain forest.
              Gore is also rumored to have set a four-acre tire fire outside Akron, OH, and ordered his Secret Service detail to shoot on sight anyone who attempts to put it out.
              "It's sad to see a man we thought was a passionate defender of the environment despoiling it for his own monetary gain," Blume said.
              Blume said that she and many environmentalists had momentarily expressed relief in late November when Gore appeared to cease his months-long practice of dismantling old refrigerators in order to release ozone-destroying freon into the atmosphere. Blume soon learned, however, that Gore had resumed the activity in Antarctica, where the earth's ozone layer is most fragile.
              Environmental groups have called for the federal government to step in and put a stop to Gore's actions, but officials say they do not have the power to stop him.
              "There is no legal recourse anyone can take against the former vice president," Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson said. "Mr. Gore is well within the emissions standards set by the current administration."
              By year's end, Gore failed to slow his assault on the planet's delicately balanced climate systems. Satellite surveillance revealed what many believe to be a snowshoed Gore jumping up and down on an ice shelf in Greenland, chainsawing glaciers in the Alaskan wild, and urinating in the Gulf Stream waters off the coast of Newfoundland
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                as someone else has already said, thank god your side has lost the argument and i can still hope to own a 12 cylinder car someday

Desperate people often flail about screaming just before drowning...

It still amazes me that 2 of the most illiterate people on this board propose to know the most about complex issues

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

Desperate people often flail about screaming just before drowning...

It still amazes me that 2 of the most illiterate people on this board propose to know the most about complex issues

Punctuation isn't part of literacy anymore?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

quit it with wikipedia already, it means nothing.
                    it's like siting your gardener as a source.
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ooooh, we are going there.

NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING. EVERYTHING MEANS NOTHING. RAHHHHH NIHILISTIC RAGEEEEE!
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

do you actually know wikipedia can be changed by anyone? its not a reference for knowledge. its a hairball of info with few rules.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

do you actually know wikipedia can be changed by anyone?
                          I feel like the world is crumbling around my feet.

Thank you for this invaluable knowledge.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            I feel like the world is crumbling around my feet.

Thank you for this invaluable knowledge.

Hey it's Mr. Elitist.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

do you actually know wikipedia can be changed by anyone? its not a reference for knowledge. its a hairball of info with few rules.
                              Hi, welcome to the world of fact based opinions. You seem new to this.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

The key is to check the footnotes.

Comment

i just changed all of wikipedia to say that gwb72tii is right about everything.

edit: whoa. nothing happened? it all remained the same? there must be some sort of safeguards against tampering and bad information. TOTALLY DIDNT SEE THAT COMING.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X